•  

Photo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#41 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10640 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

It was deep......with Sergio....correct on the not technically prevent....Sergio was burnt...very Coyer-esque...

And PREVENT still is the worst 'defense' ever created.............I will never agree otherwise.....just like Bob Knight with the zone....I hate the prevent....or ANYTHNG resembling it.

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 12944 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

And PREVENT still is the worst 'defense' ever created.............I will never agree otherwise.....just like Bob Knight with the zone....I hate the prevent....or ANYTHNG resembling it.

prevent is the Cover-3 3 safeties.....gotta do it when you're way ahead late..

..makes no sense to play tight coverage up 7 with 45 seconds left

com e on..you know the game...

#43 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10640 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

I know.....I still hate it...I slept since then.....I will hate it until the day I die....:)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#44 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10640 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Bob Knight knew that it was better to play zone on an out of bounds too....you got me Mark......love it!!! :thmup:

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#45 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12892 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

It was deep......with Sergio....correct on the not technically prevent....Sergio was burnt...very Coyer-esque...

No it wasn't Sergio was being aggressive and let his guy get behind him. The whole point of a prevent defense is to play your corners several yards off the WR to prevent that exact thing from happening. You let them make the catch and then tackle them to limit the gain. Sergio was playing up to try to make a play and being aggressive and got caught looking in the backfield. It didn't help that Bethea also played it wrong by going outside when the play went inside. Either way had it been a prevent defense the DBs would have been several yards off the WR with a safety deep to prevent that home run play from happening. It couldn't have been any further from the way Coyer had the defense play if they tried.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#46 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12892 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

That's fine I don't disagree with you about not liking the prevent defense. I don't like it much myself or at least I don't like how quickly teams go to it but the Colts weren't in prevent when the Jags beat them.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#47 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10640 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

No it wasn't Sergio was being aggressive and let his guy get behind him. The whole point of a prevent defense is to play your corners several yards off the WR to prevent that exact thing from happening. You let them make the catch and then tackle them to limit the gain. Sergio was playing up to try to make a play and being aggressive and got caught looking in the backfield. It didn't help that Bethea also played it wrong by going outside when the play went inside. Either way had it been a prevent defense the DBs would have been several yards off the WR with a safety deep to prevent that home run play from happening. It couldn't have been any further from the way Coyer had the defense play if they tried.

Whatever....was kidding....I know that...thanks.

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#48 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10640 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

That's fine I don't disagree with you about not liking the prevent defense. I don't like it much myself or at least I don't like how quickly teams go to it but the Colts weren't in prevent when the Jags beat them.

Just having some fun......and decided to rant.....have played that sickening defense too many times...I know it was not the Prevent.

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#49 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9028 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Gabbert was very pedestrian that entire game, but he made a very professional throw on the game winning touchdown.

I'm serious.

:lol: Oh wait, you said serious. Sorry

Posted Image

There we go... ok, I'm Serious now

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates