Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bobourret

It was deep......with Sergio....correct on the not technically prevent....Sergio was burnt...very Coyer-esque...

And PREVENT still is the worst 'defense' ever created.............I will never agree otherwise.....just like Bob Knight with the zone....I hate the prevent....or ANYTHNG resembling it.

And PREVENT still is the worst 'defense' ever created.............I will never agree otherwise.....just like Bob Knight with the zone....I hate the prevent....or ANYTHNG resembling it.

prevent is the Cover-3 3 safeties.....gotta do it when you're way ahead late..

..makes no sense to play tight coverage up 7 with 45 seconds left

com e on..you know the game...

I know.....I still hate it...I slept since then.....I will hate it until the day I die....:)

Bob Knight knew that it was better to play zone on an out of bounds too....you got me Mark......love it!!! :thmup:

It was deep......with Sergio....correct on the not technically prevent....Sergio was burnt...very Coyer-esque...

No it wasn't Sergio was being aggressive and let his guy get behind him. The whole point of a prevent defense is to play your corners several yards off the WR to prevent that exact thing from happening. You let them make the catch and then tackle them to limit the gain. Sergio was playing up to try to make a play and being aggressive and got caught looking in the backfield. It didn't help that Bethea also played it wrong by going outside when the play went inside. Either way had it been a prevent defense the DBs would have been several yards off the WR with a safety deep to prevent that home run play from happening. It couldn't have been any further from the way Coyer had the defense play if they tried.

That's fine I don't disagree with you about not liking the prevent defense. I don't like it much myself or at least I don't like how quickly teams go to it but the Colts weren't in prevent when the Jags beat them.

No it wasn't Sergio was being aggressive and let his guy get behind him. The whole point of a prevent defense is to play your corners several yards off the WR to prevent that exact thing from happening. You let them make the catch and then tackle them to limit the gain. Sergio was playing up to try to make a play and being aggressive and got caught looking in the backfield. It didn't help that Bethea also played it wrong by going outside when the play went inside. Either way had it been a prevent defense the DBs would have been several yards off the WR with a safety deep to prevent that home run play from happening. It couldn't have been any further from the way Coyer had the defense play if they tried.

Whatever....was kidding....I know that...thanks.

That's fine I don't disagree with you about not liking the prevent defense. I don't like it much myself or at least I don't like how quickly teams go to it but the Colts weren't in prevent when the Jags beat them.

Just having some fun......and decided to rant.....have played that sickening defense too many times...I know it was not the Prevent.