Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles cut Cliff Harris

FightLikeSin

Just seen this myself, would be prepared to give him a chance but some character concerns. Also noticed Philly cut Kevin Thomas; Grigson got Fokou and Lloyd for a conditional 7th rounder in essence. Good work.

Anyone know what the condition is? If one of Fokou or Lloyd get cut do we not have to give them anything?

Anyone know what the condition is? If one of Fokou or Lloyd get cut do we not have to give them anything?

Usually in a trade for a conditional draft pick the pick is usually based on making the roster or playing time. So I feel fairly confident in saying no if they get cut we dont have to give them anything

For anyone concerned about his character, he just needs a good mentor. He's a good kid that teammates love, just simply immature. I think it would be a mistake to pass on him, he may not have the size to be dominant on the outside but would be perfect in the slot. And hands down, the kid is a playmaker. He didn't play last year except maybe three games in very limited action, but the year before he had six interceptions, one for a TD along with 4 punt return TDs. He takes risks but has the it factor to do it at the right time and is a big difference maker on the field.

Here's a post I made in another thread earlier this week when Cliff Harris was cut by Philly. Suffice to say I disagree with those who'd like to bring him in..... and here's some of the reason's why....

Think I'll slip this in here about Cliff Harris.

Harris used to play for Oregon. And got himself kicked off the team.

Do you know how hard it is to get kicked off the Oregon Ducks? Holy Cow!?!

You practically have to sleep with the coaches wife, molest the coaches children, and do your personal business all over the feet of Oregon benefactor and Nike founder, Phil Knight. And even then you might still be OK.

Cliff is most famous for driving a reported 170 miles an hour with other Duck players in the car. When he was pulled over and the Oregon Highway Patrol officer walked up to the car, he clearly smelled a certain aroma coming from the car.

When he asked Cliff where all the pot was..... Harris was quoted as saying.... "it's all gone. we smoked it all..!"

Thanks for incriminating yourself, Cliff.

Harris is very, very talented. Before the 2011 season he was projected as a possible 1st round CB, but more likely 2nd round talent. And then he got tossed off the team and went undrafted. All 32 teams passed on him.

And now he gets cut.

Cliff Harris can play pro football. But everything else in his life says, "stay away! stay far, Far, FAR away!!"

Hey, I'm just sayin!