Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb Problems Likely To Bring On Trade?

Blindside

This may get blasted but I believe there is value for Donald.

Lets be honest we have 5 pretty good running backs on this team. Evans and James both look pretty good.

Carter is probobably as good as Donald. Why did we even draft Carter in the first place if Donald was a

lock to make the team? That would leave us with Addai, Carter, James, Evans. Since the KR is really just

someone to mostly watch the ball fly over his head, do we really need to keep a spot open for a KR? Any

decent RB or WR can do that. Starting at the 20 is still a good play.

Tennessee may want some insurance since Johnson is still holding out and they have health issues with there

number 2 and 4 RB's. Would you take Jake Locker for Donald Brown and a high daft pick?

This may get blasted but I believe there is value for Donald.

Lets be honest we have 5 pretty good running backs on this team. Evans and James both look pretty good.

Carter is probobably as good as Donald. Why did we even draft Carter in the first place if Donald was a

lock to make the team? That would leave us with Addai, Carter, James, Evans. Since the KR is really just

someone to mostly watch the ball fly over his head, do we really need to keep a spot open for a KR? Any

decent RB or WR can do that. Starting at the 20 is still a good play.

Tennessee may want some insurance since Johnson is still holding out and they have health issues with there

number 2 and 4 RB's. Would you take Jake Locker for Donald Brown and possibly a daft pick?

Yes, Tennessee is going to trade their 1st round draft pick and the future of their franchise to their division rival for a injury riddled, backup running back who can't block or break a tackle.

Yes, Tennessee is going to trade their 1st round draft pick and the future of their franchise to their division rival for a injury riddled, backup running back who can't block or break a tackle.

Seems logical to me. Probably ask em to throw in the rights to their best olineman too while we are trading. We can give them Devan in the trade :cake:

I think you are better off going after a guy like Brady Quinn in Denver for this kind of trade. Although he deserves the number 2 spot there, Tebow is going to end up with it. I've always thought that with the right personnel he could be a decent qb in this league. I'd be all for going after a guy like this and getting rid of Brown, he's had his chance.

lol Totally agree with Hawkeyecolt, Tennessee isn't going to trade their 8th overall pick Future of the Franchise QB for Donald Brown. In an article on NFL.com Tennessee's offensive coordinator recently said that he loves Johnson's backup Javon Ringer and even with Johnson there they still try to incorporate Ringer into the offense.

If and that's a big "If" we need a veteran QB to step in for Peyton the first game of two why not go after Carson Palmer? Better than Painter and Orlovsky.. I suspect 18 will be ready for game 1

cant get palmer, hes retired and bengals wont trade him if he comes out of retirement. They still have rights to him.

If and that's a big "If" we need a veteran QB to step in for Peyton the first game of two why not go after Carson Palmer? Better than Painter and Orlovsky.. I suspect 18 will be ready for game 1

Because Palmer would have to be a trade, which the Bengals won't do. If he's released, a team with higher priority would probably pick him up on waivers. I don't think this is the situation he's looking for.

The Colts best be darn sure that he's going to be ready to go on Opening day...

Even if he can start, you have to wonder how long it will take him to get in sync with everyone given he likely would have had very minimal practice time with the starters and if there will be any after affects of the neck surgery.

If he can go, then the b/u QB wont matter....but if he can't that's a problem as any game started by Painter will end with a Loss.