Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacques Mcclendon On D Line

JaseAiden23

Chances are he has no idea how to play defensive line, nor the speed or skill-set to do so.

That kind of a move isn't exactly easy. It can take years to transition for some players. It isn't like Madden, where just because his Str and Awr attributes are high he can be placed anywhere on the roster.

With all of the movement on both sides of the ball, Id like to see how well Jacques would do on the D line. I know this guy is freakishly strong and would like to see if he could get any kind of push. Just a thought??

Strength does not equal talent in NFL. you can't stick a strong guy with no DL experience and expect anything in technique and feet. just no....

I don't think it would work out. Very rarely do you get a guy who can effectively play multiple positions not including a returner. I only know of a handful of guys who played multiple positions well; Deion Sanders played CB and WR, Troy Brown did the same as Deion. I don't know of anyone who has played O-line and D-line effectively. He has spent the last 5ish years playing offensive line, let him stay where he has been playing.

But it is not like it isn't done. Now, I am talking in the 80s. Mark Bortz was a pretty good defensive lineman for the Iowa Hawkeyes. The Bears drafted him and made him an offensive guard, which seemed so bizarre to me. And he played it very well, with no college experience at it. As I mentioned, Darryl Grant was an offensive lineman in college, and the Redskins made him a defensive tackle, and he was pretty good.

Heck, Joe Reitz appears to be a starting offensive guard now on the Colts will no college football experience. Sure, it has taken three years to get there, but he did it.

I honestly think it is a good question by the original poster. Not that they will do it. McClendon supposed to be so strong and intelligent. If he can't be a starter in the offensive line, it would be interesting to see if he had anything for playing DT.

But it is not like it isn't done. Now, I am talking in the 80s. Mark Bortz was a pretty good defensive lineman for the Iowa Hawkeyes. The Bears drafted him and made him an offensive guard, which seemed so bizarre to me. And he played it very well, with no college experience at it. As I mentioned, Darryl Grant was an offensive lineman in college, and the Redskins made him a defensive tackle, and he was pretty good.

Heck, Joe Reitz appears to be a starting offensive guard now on the Colts will no college football experience. Sure, it has taken three years to get there, but he did it.

I honestly think it is a good question by the original poster. Not that they will do it. McClendon supposed to be so strong and intelligent. If he can't be a starter in the offensive line, it would be interesting to see if he had anything for playing DT.

Thanks, my post was basically trying to see if he could help the team in any way. He just seems to intelligent and too strong not to help this team. From what ive seen of him on the O line it just doesnt seem to be meshing right now. I have been watching the team try different scenarios this yr more than others and thought why not. If anything just a situational guy, maybe on the goal line or 3rd and short for our D. I understand all the posts saying this isn't madden, i get that, but what would it hurt. It beats putting this guy on the roster and hardly ever seeing him on the field.

You know maybe it was one game but I feel pretty good about our DT spot tonight. Johnson and Nevis both played very well and are going to push each other for playing time. Moala has been getting better and was getting a push up the middle. Foster was even getting a good push at times tonight. Harris did not play due to injury so I can't say anything about him.

As for ends Freeney and Mathis are two of the best in the league. Hughes looks to be progressing and at least to me played very well tonight. Chick showed some promise tonight as well. The only two guys I have not seen much out of are Bratton and Anderson. I am not sure I have seen Anderson take a snap yet and Bratton just hasn't impressed me. Either way I am not sure McClendon has the speed to play end. Heck I am not sure he has the speed to play DT. If he did odds are someone would have tried it by now in his football career. It's also hard enough to learn one poiston in the NFL then to ask a guy to change from offense to defense and learn a poistion he hasn't played before is asking an awful lot.