Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Backup Qb's Vs. Redskins Secondary

Mike Tahoe

Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

I voted two. One for Dan and one for Curtis. After that I wager Peyton's gonna strap on a neck brace and show these fools how to QB. At which time Peyton will throw for 450 YDs and 6 TDs while wearing a neck brace and burping his babies between plays.

I can't imagine they will do any better against the Skins than they did against the Rams. Painter can't seem to figure out which jersey is the right one. And Orlavsky...although more talented than Painter...is not gonna be the one that I'm comfortable with if GOD FORBID Peyton takes a fall. This preseason isn't about Peytons future replacement...cause if he falls the seasons over anyways. This preseason is about finding the best OL and DBs for that will help us get to the Super Bowl.

"No! Conditiona is betta, it goes on second and makes the hair all silky and smooooth...what are you looking at SWAAANN??"

lol

"Conditiona is betta!"

Shampoo is betta. It cleans da hair!

"No! Conditiona is betta, it goes on second and makes the hair all silky and smooooth...what are you looking at SWAAANN??"

THAT WAS FUNNY !!!! lol its been awhile since I've seen Billy Madison, but it still cracks me up

As long as DeAngelo Hall is on the field, Painter better throw to the other side. If Hall wants to look valuable, he could have more catches from Painter than our own WR's.

If he wants to look valuable. Which he seldom does. He'll turn in a bunch of mediocre games and then try to counterbalance them with one game where he's picking everything he can off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I mean that anonymous scouts and anonymous execs work for some team in the league. Those teams have interests very separate from the interests of the reporters giving them platform... 
    • ope, well without any of @AKB post this thread seems silly.
    • I don't necessarily disagree. I do think there's a double standard, though. When it's a positive report about a player we like, it's fine. When it's a negative report about a player we don't like, it's validating. We eat all of that up, all through draft season, no problem. But when it's a negative report about player we like, now the practice is unfair.   It's a shrug for me all the way around, though. If it's a topic I care about, I'll dig and try to get past the surface, and make a determination on how I feel about the substance of the reports.     What do you mean?
    • I mostly agree. I think there might be teams that had him highly graded, but went in a different direction. The first round was wacky. And maybe for some of those teams, it was a coin flip between AD and another player, and maybe the concerns about maturity were the deciding factor.   There are other teams -- like the Colts, IMO -- that generally don't value WR as a first round position, which is not necessarily a reflection of the individual player. Maybe the Colts would have taken one of the top three guys if they were in range, because they're that good, but generally, that's not how the Colts handle the position.    Your other thoughts are definitely valid as well. It's not like he's the perfect physical prospect, he didn't have outstanding college production, some of the advanced stuff doesn't look great, etc. I don't think he's the 11th best WR prospect in this class, there are several players I think he should have gone ahead of. But it's not like he's a top five prospect who dropped to the middle of the second round. The Colts don't see it that way either, otherwise they wouldn't have traded back to #52. Speaking of top five prospects dropping, there were some unsourced rumors about Malik Nabers' character before the draft; he still got drafted where everyone expected him to be drafted.    So yeah, I don't think these reports torpedoed AD's draft stock. Maybe the character concerns played a role, but I don't think these reports are the source of those concerns; I think it's the other way around. 
    • I never had reservations about his comments. I thought he was making a strong point in backing the player, not the pick. I took it as if the only person he wanted to hear it was Mitchell. Back your new player publicly over concerns that clearly led him to fall in the draft. I don't think that's a crazy statement to state either, that Mitchell undoubtedly fell because of the reports. I'm pretty confident he goes higher, if not first round, without that report/commentary.      He might have even liked Mitchell, and strategically put it out there to get a great value pick... Here's a crazy thought, it could have even been a Colts scout, or connection to one. 🙃
  • Members