Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign DT Jason Shirley

FightLikeSin

HMMMM! Since all the good jokes are taken....Curtis Painter tweeted the Ravens Signed Shirley's best friend Nosaj LaVerne! :)

I guess it does not hurt to have size a some versatility!!!

What????? LaVerne and Shirley, both got picked up?!? :)

I agree 100% and especially with your accessment of most our new players. The ONE and only thing I think is positive in all this is that I believe our coaching staff with the exception of losing Tom Moore and Howard Mudd is 100 times better than what we have had here in the past. I truely believe a lot of draft picks and players that failed to develop is a great deal responsible because of the coaching staff. One thing that we have been able to do is find OL and WR that are passable or make something of them...and I believe a great deal of that responsibility goes to PM for getting the ball out early and his work on making sure the WRs ran crisp, timed routes. Elsewhere I can't just blame Polian for drafting poorly...but the coaches for not helping these guys make something of themselves. I truely believe the coaches and staff we have now will do a much better job in bringing players along...or finding something in them....and we need A LOT of that with a team full of CASTOFFS.

A nice point here by DG. This staff has excellent teaching skills which is imperative to this young football team. While we can argue the nature of their overall coaching styles (Manusky for example labeled 'too conservative') Pagano and Grigson did bring in teachers with their same 'gym rat' 'roll up the sleeves' attitude. Nice post DG.

Even though he is listed now as a DT (for the 4-3 hybrid?), this guy could very easily be Redding's backup as DE in the 3-4. He's built like a tank and just plows people over. Forget about what he did as a Bengal. In his last four games as a Panther, Shirley had 4 tackles, 2.5 sacks and one forced fumble. :eek:

If this is any indication of his potential, we may have found a diamond in the rough. My only concern is has he gotten over his problem that resulted in the DUI? For his sake, I hope so. Otherwise, he won't be on our roster very long.