Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy Bids to Host Super Bowl LII

21isSuperman

Indy wants to host the 2018 Super Bowl

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

--

I'm all for it. Indy did a great job hosting this year's Super Bowl. And dare I say it...by 2018, Luck will (hopefully) be fully accustomed to the NFL's speed and defenses and all that and Pagano/Manusky's defensive systems will be fully operational...perhaps we could win the Super Bowl on home turf?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82aa3a2e/article/indianapolis-will-bid-to-host-super-bowl-lii-in-2018?module=HP11_headline_stack

--

I'm all for it. Indy did a great job hosting this year's Super Bowl. And dare I say it...by 2018, Luck will (hopefully) be fully accustomed to the NFL's speed and defenses and all that and Pagano/Mularky's defensive systems will be fully operational...perhaps we could win the Super Bowl on home turf?

Sweet!!!

Yes, I hope by 2018 our team will be in full force. If not, everyone might as well take a drunken dip in the b-ripple canal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82aa3a2e/article/indianapolis-will-bid-to-host-super-bowl-lii-in-2018?module=HP11_headline_stack

--

I'm all for it. Indy did a great job hosting this year's Super Bowl. And dare I say it...by 2018, Luck will (hopefully) be fully accustomed to the NFL's speed and defenses and all that and Pagano/Mularky's defensive systems will be fully operational...perhaps we could win the Super Bowl on home turf?

You are so right 21st! I do not think I ever heard more compliments for a Super Bowl....and we know you meant Manusky :) I only laugh because buccolts corrected me on Ben Stiller vs Adam Sandler....I am so bad at movies. :)

You must have read something on JAX that was a bunch of Mularky :)

haha no, I'm just stupid. I've made that mistake many times. Both start with M, both end in ky, both have u and a (just in opposite orders)...I've noticed it many times, and continue to make the mistake. Oh well

I'm a little confused by some of the numbers (any help is welcome) here but it sounds like Indy made 84% of $176 million dollars with the Super Bowl.

Had it snowed or been Super cold, certainly we'd have made less.

But I'd roll those dice again if this is the potential payoff.

If we got the Bears against the Colts again....it would be like a two-week holiday with millions flowing in from Chicago.

Officials Announce Super Bowl XLVI Economic Impact

Mayor Ballard Announces Plans to Bid for Super Bowl LII in 2018

INDIANAPOLIS – Officials today announced the positive results of the economic impact study completed from hosting Super Bowl XLVI. For ten days in early 2012, Indianapolis welcomed the world to a community-wide celebration leading into Super Bowl XLVI. Fans reveled in unprecedented activities capped by an exciting game between the New York Giants (21) and the New England Patriots (17) on February 5.

The economic impact study for Super Bowl XLVI, researched and completed by Rockport Analytics, concludes that the Indianapolis metro area experienced significant economic boost as a result of ten days of visitor activity. The report highlights include total gross expenditures of $384 million, resulting in a direct economic impact from Super Bowl XLVI of $176 million. It also is impressive that estimated Super Bowl-related spending that originated from outside of the Indianapolis metro area was estimated at $342 million. About 84 cents of every dollar spent for Super Bowl XLVI was retained in Indianapolis.

“We’ve known since the game on February 5th, when the Super Bowl was played in Lucas Oil Stadium, that Super Bowl XLVI was an aesthetic success with profound impact on our city, region, and state. The independent economic impact study being released today confirms that hosting the Super Bowl in Indianapolis also was an important economic success,” said Mark Miles, chair of the 2012 Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee.

“In addition to a huge win for the city, the citizens of Indiana benefited by more than $20 million collected in state tax revenue, a host of good business leads, and a huge dose of pride in the positive way it reflected on our whole state,” added Governor Mitch Daniels.

After the successful results of Super Bowl XLVI were discussed, Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard announced that a community-based decision has been made to pursue a bid for Super Bowl LII in 2018.