Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucas Oil Stadium Lighting Question

Restored

Hey all, quick question and lots of thanks to whoever answers this:

I'm going to the Vikings game this year (week 2, 1 PM) and my question is, if I were to get lower level seats, would it be better to get on the Home or Away sideline.

I ask this because I know if the stadium is open, the lighting reflects on to a certain side that can be very uncomfortable for a long 3 hour game.

Which side would be good to sit on that doesnt let you get hit by the sunlight?

I'm going to the Vikings game this year (week 2, 1 PM) and my question is, if I were to get lower level seats, would it be better to get on the Home or Away sideline.

I ask this because I know if the stadium is open, the lighting reflects on to a certain side that can be very uncomfortable for a long 3 hour game.

You will want Visitor's side. I went to the LOS mini camp and sat in the sun on the home sideline from about 12pm to 3pm. The other sideline was in the shade until about 3pm. So you should be able to avoid most sunlight during the game if the roof is open.

Here's video from an October 12, 2008 1PM game where it was sunny:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d80b8f349/Colts-31-Ravens-3

Heck! Sit on the Colts sideline and where a hat and good sunglasses. I actually will be sitting in section 643 row 7. I recently became a season ticket holder for the first time. Since all the games this year (except 1) are 1pm games, I will be in the sun for the firstpart of each game. Later in the season, the time vs sunlight factor will change.

You will want Visitor's side. I went to the LOS mini camp and sat in the sun on the home sideline from about 12pm to 3pm. The other sideline was in the shade until about 3pm. So you should be able to avoid most sunlight during the game if the roof is open.

Remember this is a different time of the year and the sun will be at a different angle come regular season. You might still be right though.