Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Janoris Jenkins in dispute with Rams

FightLikeSin

Oh Janoris Jenkins is being a pain in the neck? Also fighting another paternity case? lol. Who would have guessed?! So glad he's not a Colt.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Janoris Jenkins, no stranger to controversy during his college days, is finding more drama in the NFL.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports

reported Thursday that Jenkins is at odds with the St. Louis Rams over a verbal pre-draft agreement that's impermissible according to terms of the collective bargaining agreement.

Before taking Jenkins in the second round of April's draft, Rams coach Jeff Fisher made the player's agent, Malik Shareef, promise that his client would hire a business manager to help him navigate his personal issues. Jenkins -- who finished his collegiate career at North Alabama after being dismissed by Florida -- has four children by three women, with another paternity battle apparently closing in.

Via four sources, Yahoo! reported Fisher specified Lou Taylor of Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group to advise Jenkins. Taylor denied being employed by Jenkins, though Yahoo! has obtained a document tying the player to the company.

The pre-draft conversation between Fisher and Jenkins' agent is "unheard of," according to an NFL Players Association source, and against the rules of the CBA. The league and NFLPA have contacted the Rams over the matter.

It gets more complicated. Jenkins reportedly only agreed to work with Taylor to placate the Rams. He has balked at the price of Taylor's services -- $120,000 over four years -- and reached out to an NFL representative at the rookie symposium to ask if the team could force him to choose an advisor.

That answer, of course, is no. Fisher's aggressive actions to put Jenkins on the right path might have landed the Rams in hot water.

Apparently some of you didnt read the whole article and lets be honest a couple of you appear to have it out for Jenkins, if you read the article to the very end you would get from it that the Rams are trying to force him to do something against the CBA.

"

It gets more complicated. Jenkins reportedly only agreed to work with Taylor to placate the Rams. He has balked at the price of Taylor's services -- $120,000 over four years -- and reached out to an NFL representative at the rookie symposium to ask if the team could force him to choose an advisor.

That answer, of course, is no. Fisher's aggressive actions to put Jenkins on the right path might have landed the Rams in hot water".

In other words ya all jumped the minute you saw Jenkins in the headlines, turns out its the Rams trying to force him to go along with what they want.....by the way he did to the tune of agreeing to pay this person (Taylor) 120,000.00 over 4 years.

Apparently some of you didnt read the whole article and lets be honest a couple of you appear to have it out for Jenkins, if you read the article to the very end you would get from it that the Rams are trying to force him to do something against the CBA.

"

That answer, of course, is no. Fisher's aggressive actions to put Jenkins on the right path might have landed the Rams in hot water".

In other words ya all jumped the minute you saw Jenkins in the headlines, turns out its the Rams trying to force him to go along with what they want.....by the way he did to the tune of agreeing to pay this person (Taylor) 120,000.00 over 4 years.

I don't "have it out for him"...he makes the news all by himself, I am just reporting it. You love to come to his rescue to somehow justify his wrong doings, so there's really no room for you to talk on the matter.

Here is the point. It's not whether or not the CBA said it was ok. It's about the Rams contacting him and his agent before the draft to make an agreement to get the man some financial help so he doesn't end up like Pacman and other troubled NFL players. With 4 kids by 3 different women...and possibly 5 kids now by 4 women...it's not a bad idea.

He gave Fisher his word and now he's backing out of it. That wraps it up right there. He is dishonest, deceptive, his agent has no control over him and he just doesn't know what's good for him. So if something as little as getting a financial advisor is this big of a deal...I'd hate to find out how he reacts to more pressing issues with the team. Jenkins is unruly. Always has been always will be. I'm just glad Grigson was smart enough to pass on him.

I don't "have it out for him"...he makes the news all by himself, I am just reporting it. You love to come to his rescue to somehow justify his wrong doings, so there's really no room for you to talk on the matter.

Here is the point. It's not whether or not the CBA said it was ok. It's about the Rams contacting him and his agent before the draft to make an agreement to get the man some financial help so he doesn't end up like Pacman and other troubled NFL players. With 4 kids by 3 different women...and possibly 5 kids now by 4 women...it's not a bad idea. Maybe he should get some financial advisor, I dont car eone way or the other if he does or doesnt but to dismiss that its against the CBA is a bit wrong I think, they could have went about it

He gave Fisher his word and now he's backing out of it. That wraps it up right there. He is dishonest, deceptive, his agent has no control over him and he just doesn't know what's good for him. So if something as little as getting a financial advisor is this big of a deal...I'd hate to find out how he reacts to more pressing issues with the team. Jenkins is unruly. Always has been always will be. I'm just glad Grigson was smart enough to pass on him.

you mean dishonest because the Rams went against the CBA? I get that they are wanting to protect there investment, and contrary to your belief, I honestly dont mind that Grigson passed on him, I would have been very happy with Boykin. "and possibly 5 kids now by 4 women" not sure where that comes from so I wont go there, its a big deal in my opinion when that financial advisor wants 120 thousand bucks over 4 years to tell him what he should do with his money, Also I dont see why you are so quick to dismiss that the agreement was against the CBA to begin with, perhaps he should get help with his money, its not for me to say nor do I care, if you know what a Payee is, you would know that its no fun for someone to try to tell you what to do with the money you earned, I get that he likely should get help but not if the way it was done was against the CBA,

you mean dishonest because the Rams went against the CBA?

No, dishonest because he agreed to something and now he won't comply. That's being dishonest. Didn't think I'd have to explain that one.

"and possibly 5 kids now by 4 women" not sure where that comes from so I wont go there

That comes from a current legal battle Jenkins is in with a woman who has had a child that is allegedly his. I don't just make this stuff up.

I would have been very happy with Boykin.

Me too.

its a big deal in my opinion when that financial advisor wants 120 thousand bucks over 4 years to tell him what he should do with his money

Really? He'll make that much in merchandising next year. Think of how much he's getting paid and then look at his horrible track record of being an *. He needs to protect himself from himself.

Also I dont see why you are so quick to dismiss that the agreement was against the CBA to begin with

I didn't dismiss it. It just doesn't have anything to do with the character flaw of lying to someone you made an agreement with. I'm looking at the bigger picture. Not saying what the Rams did was ok, just looking at it the situation as it currently is.