Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aubrayo Franklin

Nobody

Franklin takes a cap hit of more than 1 mil. He's a 1.25mil cap-hitter, (all due respect to Andy, of course). I suppose it's not 'Impossible' for him to take a pay-cut, but I just don't see it. And I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with the team looking into him, but in the end I don't think we get him for a value of less than 1.25 million to the cap.

And lastly no offense intended, my post was less to shoot down your suggestion in general and more a poke of fun at these dozens of posts we get like this almost daily on the forum, there's nothing wrong with them, it's fun to speculate.

Just because he had a 1.25M dollar contract last year, doesn't mean they would sign him for that much.

Oh, if my calculations were correct (Luck = 4M, Fleener/Allen = 3.5), then there would be 1.5M left in the cap. They could sign him to a bigger deal than the one the Saints signed him to last year.

If the Saints signed him to a 1.25M dollar deal last year, I would think that the Colts wouldn't give him a deal bigger than that, and I would have a hard time thinking they even go over 1M. They may sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal, and then give him most of the money in the latter part of the contracts. There are lots of ways of trimming down cap space for this season.

Hey, I don't think the Colts should sign him, and I've stated that already here. I'm just saying, if they wanted him, they could have gotten him.

My source is: spotrac.com for those wondering.

Just because he had a 1.25M dollar contract last year, doesn't mean they would sign him for that much.

Oh, if my calculations were correct (Luck = 4M, Fleener/Allen = 3.5), then there would be 1.5M left in the cap. They could sign him to a bigger deal than the one the Saints signed him to last year.

If the Saints signed him to a 1.25M dollar deal last year, I would think that the Colts wouldn't give him a deal bigger than that, and I would have a hard time thinking they even go over 1M. They may sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal, and then give him most of the money in the latter part of the contracts. There are lots of ways of trimming down cap space for this season.

Hey, I don't think the Colts should sign him, and I've stated that already here. I'm just saying, if they wanted him, they could have gotten him.

My source is: spotrac.com for those wondering.

But I thought we are sitting at some where between 6-7mil cap room? O_o

There is some space. If they wanted to sign him, they could. There is 9M left in the salary cap. Luck will take out a little over 4M (like Newton did), Fleener and Allen should take up a total of 3.5M, leaving the Colts about 1M left. If they wanted to, they could.

Fair enough. I'm going by Frog's numbers, which suggested pre-draft that the team would be about 1 to 1.5 mil over cap after all rookies are signed. In my impression, he knew more of what was going on with the cap than just about anyone else here.

Fair enough. I'm going by Frog's numbers, which suggested pre-draft that the team would be about 1 to 1.5 mil over cap after all rookies are signed. In my impression, he knew more of what was going on with the cap than just about anyone else here.

Well, I'm going by the spotrac numbers, which I think knows a bit more than Frog...

1) Draft order doesn't mean anything. Why was Alex Smith taken before Aaron Rodgers? A better example would be Arian Foster falling because of injury from a day 2 prospect to undrafted. I will take Hilton and Chapman over Ta'amu, if we thought Hilton would be gone, then glad we got him.

2) He weighed over 400 lbs at one point. I don't want those kind of weight problems.

3) Brett "Turnover" Favre isn't the best ever. If you go by common sense he isn't, even if you go by stats he isn't, he doesn't hold a candle to Manning or Montana or even Brady. I was saying that if you evaluate Favre to be the GOAT, then I don't trust your judgement on a guy you never followed.

4) Yep.

I don't think that trade was for hilton

I think he wanted someone else such as a corner but someone took that player earlier jmo

I don't think that trade was for hilton

I think he wanted someone else such as a corner but someone took that player earlier jmo

you're thinking of the CB the Pack took right before our third rounder. Then we traded up to make sure we got Hilton before OAK.

Stories I've seen say we were looking for Hayward before we wound up taking Allen at the top of the 3rd.... and that we were looking for Fleming or Bentley (not sure which) but both went before we wound up taking Hilton.

So, we reportedly made two attempts at corners, and once that didn't happen, gladly settled for Allen and Hilton.

That's what I've read...... both seem reasonable and plausible.