Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Will the Colts Evaluate Richardson?

Smonroe

On 10/14/2024 at 9:36 AM, Smonroe said:

Availability has to be the first criteria.  

I love the guy as a person and how he represents the team.  I think his accuracy can improve with experience and reps. 

But if he can’t stay on the field, none of that talent matters.  

So, how many games does he need to play this season?   I think if it’s under 8, they have to seriously think about finding someone in the draft. 

(Or are they playing the long game in the March for Arch?   I think I’m going to trademark that!)

It is really impossible to evaluate him as a qb going forward if he continues to get hurt. He has some wow and duh moments so far in his career. I am, so far, excited about what I have seen. That being said, his evaluation begins and ends with his ability and/or ability to stay healthy at this point in his career. Honestly, if he has  one more injury this year that leads to him missing the games. The Colts maybe out as well as his team mates in terms of him giving him anymore chances. I have been one of his biggest supporters and vowed not to assess him till the end of the season whether he is that guy or not.  However, I cannot think of a player in any sport who has been hurt this much in his early career and go on to have a productive career. Its kind of sad to think of because I really like the kid. I think if the injuries continue, the Colts have to look at a qb early next year. Houston appears to have their qb and coach. Jaguars are a mess and  will be looking for a GM and coach next year and picking early next year. Titans will be picking early as well, as Levis is not the answer. What I can see happening is the Colts limping along with Richardson in and out of the lineup and picking later in the 1st.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Look at AR up there by himself 

Any idea how that's calculated?  I mean if a guy scrambles or runs for his life and then gets off a throw after say 5 seconds, on paper it looks like the O line is great.  But in reality, it may mean the opposite and the QB is just athletic.

Stats can be deceiving.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Look at AR up there by himself 

I had to look that up and ADOT sounds like a weird stat to me.  How far the intended target was but doesnt count if it was caught?  Why we would we use this instead of yards per catch or attempt?

n football, aDOT stands for average depth of target, which is a metric that measures how far downfield a player is typically targeted on average. It's calculated by dividing a player's air yards by their targets.  

Here's what aDOT can tell you about a player:  

How likely they are to perform: A low aDOT means a player is likely to catch the ball closer to the line of scrimmage, which reduces their chances of making big plays. A high aDOT means a player is close to making big plays and big yards.  

How their position affects their aDOT: Running backs typically have a lower aDOT because they catch passes behind the line of scrimmage more often.  

How deep they run routes: A higher aDOT indicates that a player is running deeper routes.  

While aDOT is a useful metric, it can be flawed because situation and the quarterback can influence it. For example, a quarterback who leads often may not have a high aDOT. It's also possible for aDOT to be inflated or deflated by outliers. For example, if a player has one 60 yard target and five bubble screens, their aDOT will be around 10.0, which doesn't give the full 

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

They will evaluate AR from afar after they trade him to the Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaidas

:funny:

Nice prediction. With his availability and accuracy issues he might be the perfect guy to match the “incomparable Raiders’ great” JaMarcus Russell.