Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bears post game thread

GoColts8818

Id like to see more QB designed runs and stuff with options to run or pass. However I don't half way blame them for pressing pocket passing either bc at some point you know JT is going to get hurt. Might as well let AR get his feel for the pocket early in the season. Say what you want but plenty of guys are open. He's just got to place and complete the pass properly. So far hasn't been happening but we will keep trying until things improve I guess 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

AR is the future of this team.  He has a high ceiling and with him, and IF he progresses, the team could be a SB contender in a year or 2.  But with or without him there is no way in H E double toothpicks that this team wins a SB this year.  Just not enough ELITE talent on the team.  Honestly the only truly elite player on the entire team as of today is JT.  AR could be.  Not now but could be.

I would say that Nelson is elite now, and so is Buckner.  I would also say that Latu is almost elite now, as a rookie, and with only minimal refinement and continued health his stats will match how he looks on the field.  He is a game wrecker.  We have found our future pass rusher for years to  come and people are overlooking that because they are hyper focused on what AR may or may not be, and I get that. 
As for AR- I like that he is masking some sickening mistakes now so that his rookie wall doesn't bear it's ugly head later.  If he can make his most boneheaded rookie mistakes during games where we drag out a WIN- even better, and that was certainly the case yesterday.  

The reason why you stick with Richardson for a few years- and I mean years- is because of the obvious upside.  You don't see too many guys that are a legitimate threat to flick the ball on a rope 60 yards with accuracy from anywhere on the field that have DE size with the speed of a RB. We know that AR is all of these things.  But like someone said- Anthony effortlessly does the things that very few can do and dreams of doing.  He is failing and failing hard on the routine things that most backups can be efficient at. This is why I think he improves and we have to be patient. Let the game slow down for him and keep pushing him to process quickly and throw accurately.  Eventually muscle memory takes over. Let the mistakes happen now as opposed to later.  Lets hope they don't happen later  

4 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Do you honestly think the Colts will win a SB, let alone make the playoffs....with Joe Flacco as QB?  I mean are you seriously pining for a 39 year old retread ala Matt Ryan to lead this team????

I am at a loss for that and the only thing that makes any sense is your complete dislike for AR is clouding your judgement. 

AR is the future of this team.  He has a high ceiling and with him, and IF he progresses, the team could be a SB contender in a year or 2.  But with or without him there is no way in H E double toothpicks that this team wins a SB this year.  Just not enough ELITE talent on the team.  Honestly the only truly elite player on the entire team as of today is JT.  AR could be.  Not now but could be.

Besides that?  Nobody.  By elite I mean game changing talent. 

So you ride with AR, hope he stays healthy and finishes the season, and improves. He makes good decisions for the most part.  The INT in the endzone today was not a good one but for the most part he does.  He just needs to gain experience and technique. 

But saying JF should start, when at best....I mean AT BESt ALL HE DOES IS GET YOU into the first round of the playoffs?  Who cares.

I would rather see progression from AR, even it means suffering through a lot of losses, and get a high pick for next year rather than go through a 9-8 season with JF.  Remember the first Manning year he was not good, but he gained tons of experience.  We then got a super high draft pick where we drafted Edge the and we were off to the races after that.

I mean, haven't you had enough of Rivers, Wentz, Ryan and Mishew?  I cannot honestly believe people want to go back to that.   FJ is Matt Ryan PERSONIFIED. 

Yeah I think we have a  better shot with Flacco. He would be able to better utilize the weapons we have on offense. He can make the easy layups on 3rd down to keep the drives going. Give our defense a breather.  I’m in the camp that believes you either have accuracy or you don’t. I don’t hate AR but It’s obvious how inaccurate he is. Manning was a totally different animal at qb. I think the Colts are wasting their time on a huge project . But since it looks like the colts are willing to flush the season all I can do is hope for the best. Looking forward to that high draft pick. Possibly #1. If that’s the case what position do you hope we draft that will have the same effect as Edge?  Hey I hope I’m wrong and AR magically becomes more accurate. Guess we’ll see.

Why does Steichen play calling remind me so much of Frank Reich? 3 runs up the middle, then call a screen on 3rd and 17. He's had some really bad series play calling wise these last few games. 

Speaking of, how is this team still so bad at running/defending screens still?? 

Franklin needs to be benched. That dude is doing his best Shaq Leonard impression and and he flat out sucks. 

It would be nice to see a TE pass once a game for crying out loud. 

That was a game of who's QB is less crappy. (not sure ours was better tbh) but that was brutal to watch. 

AR has got to figure out his footwork. These sailing balls are out of control and happen way too often. Then when he tried to put touch on the pass, it's underthrown. They have got to devote more time to his mechanics. 

I would've liked to see better blocking for JT. JT made some stuff happen, but he got stuffed quite often too. There are other runs beside up the middle there Steichen. 

AR playing out of shotgun is getting old. 

If Latu stays healthy, we got the steal of the draft. 

I will say that if your O-line features Matt Pryor at guard, you're gonna have problems. 

11 hours ago, IndyEV said:

Btw, did AD Mitchell even get looked to this game? I don’t even remember seeing him out there!? Same question goes towards all these so-called TEs the Colts supposedly have!?

Yes, he was the targeted WR on the horrible pick in the end zone wasnt he?
I'm pretty sure i saw him targeted on at least one more ball as well. AD is unlucky to have not had a big week 1 and 2 already as well. Some drops on his part, as well as some overthrown balls from AR, but he has been in the positions to make the plays. Give him time, he has been flashing, and his time will come.

8 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

You may be right…. But what do we get with AR? Maybe 3 more wins at best? No shot at the playoffs. A top five draft pick? I guess on the bright side we’re might get a new GM and D coordinator.

😂 3 more wins AT BEST? You are too doom and gloom my guy.

Today was by far and away the worst AR has ever played (in not even 7 full games of action btw). He is basically still a rookie and coming off an injury and a surgery which took his whole summer away. Should he have played better than that last game?Yes, undoubtedly. 

Accuracy issues can be fixed. He just needs the time to work on his mechanics - which he has been unable to do since October last year. Go watch Josh Allen's first season and then his second season after a full season of play and the a full offseason of workin on his mechanics and then tell me again that it cant be done.

15 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let’s not also forget Richardson could barely work on mechanics in the off season because of his surgery. That is the stuff you work on when before the spring practices.

Thanks for clearing this up. He seems rusty after a solid couple games last year. As much as people complain about coaches, most of its on the players. I hope there is no finger pointing in the locker rooms. Everyone needs to step up, do thier job, and enjoy doing more than expected.

If ar needs time to develop in game thats fine. Idk football coaching... but sometimes i wonder where we'd be with flacco as qb. Geez sometimes this team feels like a trainwreck, what kinda %show is irsay running over there. Something just isnt right. wth