Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans post game reaction

GoColts8818

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

In my defense, I don't belive in the system. However,  did also say that in order for it to work effectively. U need to be loaded with talent on the Dline and safety positions.

What defense requires less talent on the DL?

Thats required for good defense period.

Btw our DL was DAMN GOOD on Sunday and we lost our best outside pass rusher from last year in camp. Our DL is pretty damn good. 

6 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

What defense requires less talent on the DL?

Thats required fir good defense period.

Btw our DL was DAMN GOOD on Sunday and we lost our best outside pass rusher from last year in camp. Our DL is pretty damn good. 

To a point. So you say the DL was damn good but gave up like almost 200 yards on the ground? Time of possession was severely skewed because the Texans just ran it down their throat. There is more to being a damn good line than just pinning your ears back and going after the qb.  I have always said that this D line is over rated. When they play a balanced team, I feel they get exposed. There is also the responsibility of stopping the run.  When this D line has to just focus on either just stopping the run or the pass, they look good. When a team can throw both at them, they look unbalanced and lost at times The great thing about defenses like what Belichick ran in New England is that he would create pressure by  pressuring from all over the field when he didn't have great pass rushers up front. My point  is that when you don't have a dominant D line, it calls on the D coordinator to come up with ways to create pressure.  Sadly in this defense, it really depends on having a dominant D line because once they bring pressure from other areas. The defense will get exposed and it usually results in a big play. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

To a point. So you say the DL was damn good but gave up like almost 200 yards on the ground? Time of possession was severely skewed because the Texans just ran it down their throat. There is more to being a damn good line than just pinning your ears back and going after the qb.  I have always said that this D line is over rated. When they play a balanced team, I feel they get exposed. There is also the responsibility of stopping the run.  When this D line has to just focus on either just stopping the run or the pass, they look good. When a team can throw both at them, they look unbalanced and lost at times The great thing about defenses like what Belichick ran in New England is that he would create pressure by  pressuring from all over the field when he didn't have great pass rushers up front. My point  is that when you don't have a dominant D line, it calls on the D coordinator to come up with ways to create pressure.  Sadly in this defense, it really depends on having a dominant D line because once they bring pressure from other areas. The defense will get exposed and it usually results in a big play. 

Thats on the LBs.

Watch the tape. 

The Texans used Cade Stover as a lead blocker all day and he did a great job. The LBs were non existent all game long. 

Thats not a scheme issue. 

New England always had top notch man corners, which are much harder to find than good pass rushers. Those teams also had great LBs. Im not sure why you are acting like New England didnt have stacked defenses under Bill Belichick.

3 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Thats on the LBs.

Watch the tape. 

The Texans used Cade Stover as a lead blocker all day and he did a great job. The LBs were non existent all game long. 

Thats not a scheme issue. 

New England always had top notch man corners, which are much harder to find than good pass rushers. Those teams also had great LBs. Im not sure why you are acting like New England didnt have stacked defenses under Bill Belichick.

Not excusing the Linebackers but when a team is able to run like that. It is a front seven issue

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not excusing the Linebackers but when a team is able to run like that. It is a front seven issue

I strongly disagree with that. You have to watch the tape to determine where the issue was. And safeties are very important in run defense az well. 

You just cant expect your DL to make a lot of tackles, because they have to fight off blocks and have much less time to react to running plays since they are closest to the ball. Thier job is more to disrupt than to make stops. Grover and Buck make them routinely......but  run defense is way more about your LBs and safeties in our scheme. 

This is one of the reasons I dont like Julian Blackmon more at SS vs FS. He just isnt very good at filling in the run game and the SS needs to be a factor there, IMO. 

Also, Zaire basically admitted he got blocked all day on his podcast. He was trying to cope but it was clear he didnt feel he played very well and was bothered by trolls online. Every tackle he made was 8 yards downfield. Speed as well. They were non factors. 

It was just a great adjustment from Houston. Nobody expected Stover to be a factor in the run game. In college, he was far more known as a receiver. Now they know and I think they will have a better plan next time we see them. 

7 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agree somewhat. However, I feel both the Eagles and Vikings were stronger up front, but i get your point. I do think a change definitely is not going to make them take a step back. Any change will have a positive effect, but how much, I dont know.

Maybe the Eagles were stronger up front but if so not by much statistically our DL is way better than both.