Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football Has Returned...Yippee-Ki-Yay!

Wow,

ICollege Football Ku GIF by Kansas Athletics 

I wish I was just as excited about the NFL season as I am about the College season.

I stuck to my boycott of annoying ESPN talk shows :blah:, the NFL Mock Drafts, the long period before the actual Draft, 

the annoying ESPN talk shows:blah: (worth repeating) all summer long to finally kick back and watch great football 🍺

I am a Texas Longhorn Fan but just as excited to see any other college team play because of all the energy,

fast paced, loud cheering fans (like Colts Fans) and because it's that time of the year for great College Football :cheer2:

Mighty Blue

:rock:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This should be the thread for college football. I just now noticed it. My Nebraska team is 3-0 and they have a guy by the name of Dylan (Mahomes) Railola at QB + a great O.Line and Defense. Nebraska is currently ranked #23. 

@NFLfan, please pin this because we have 2 other threads that is talking about college football. 

Thanks.

Lets Go Football GIF by Huskers

On 9/1/2024 at 8:19 PM, Mighty Blue said:

Wow,

ICollege Football Ku GIF by Kansas Athletics 

I wish I was just as excited about the NFL season as I am about the College season.

I stuck to my boycott of annoying ESPN talk shows :blah:, the NFL Mock Drafts, the long period before the actual Draft, 

the annoying ESPN talk shows:blah: (worth repeating) all summer long to finally kick back and watch great football 🍺

I am a Texas Longhorn Fan but just as excited to see any other college team play because of all the energy,

fast paced, loud cheering fans (like Colts Fans) and because it's that time of the year for great College Football :cheer2:

Mighty Blue

:rock:

Texas has a great team, I am Huskers fan, have been since 1983. I think we are back finally. It's been a while since the 1994, 1995, 1997 days when we won it all. My 1995 team is the greatest team ever. They had an O.line that is as big as any team today, team speed on Defense that was unreal, and unstoppable running game with a great coach. They beat passing teams easily. Crushed Florida in the 95 Title game (62-20) who ran an all-pro passing offense with tons of weapons and a good QB. Still didn't matter. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO). Biggest myth was Tommie Frazier was just an average passer, no, he just didn't need too that much because nobody could stop our run. He still made key throws when necessary. My 95 team would do the same thing to recent Alabama teams, they would have no answer for our option and our defense would swarm their QB. Too much speed.

• NFLfan pinned this topic

Have a $1 bet on Indiana winning it all, didnt think too much of it in preseason and figured James Madison was 12-1 last year and 7 coaches and 18 players came over so .500 plus record. Starting to think they may make a run at the 12 team playoffs if Big 10 gets 3 in.  Odds were 500-1 so like playing a lottery ticket.

• Like 1

Vanderbilt who was a 22.5-point underdog takes down Alabama. One of the biggest upsets of all-time. My Huskers won a tough grueling game against Rutgers 14-7 in 97 degree heat out in Lincoln. On a day Dylan Mahomes struggled, and Rutgers had several chances to score in this game, Huskers found a way. This makes up for the Illinois loss as we handed Rutgers their 1st loss. Huskers now improve to 5-1 and 2-1 in Big Ten play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

There were some very exciting games and unexpected results this week. 

IU just keeps rolling. 

Cignatti is a winner, no way around it. Their offense is like a machine and their rb depth (Ninja Turtles) comes into play late in games. Will be interesting how high they jump tomorrow with all the upsets.

Hats off to both Army and Navy only 3 group of 5 teams left with a perfect record and they are 2 , no transfers no portal. Excellent job to the acadamies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vanderbilt who was a 22.5-point underdog takes down Alabama. One of the biggest upsets of all-time. My Huskers won a tough grueling game against Rutgers 14-7 in 97 degree heat out in Lincoln. On a day Dylan Mahomes struggled, and Rutgers had several chances to score in this game, Huskers found a way. This makes up for the Illinois loss as we handed Rutgers their 1st loss. Huskers now improve to 5-1 and 2-1 in Big Ten play. 

Nebraska and Indiana is on deck next...2 weeks from today. It will be fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nebraska at Indiana tomorrow @DougDew, I am nervous because Indiana has been crushing teams. When it comes to basketball, I am an IU fan but have been football Nebraska fan since 1983. We need Dylan to play a good game to win this and the defense needs to bring the heat like they did against a good Rutgers team. Indiana is similar to Illinois, so this won't be easy. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nebraska at Indiana tomorrow @DougDew, I am nervous because Indiana has been crushing teams. When it comes to basketball, I am an IU fan but have been football Nebraska fan since 1983. We need Dylan to play a good game to win this and the defense needs to bring the heat like they did against a good Rutgers team. Indiana is similar to Illinois, so this won't be easy. 

Upset win on the road and bowl eligibility.  A win can advance the program another step. 

The D let us down against Illinois, and Rourke is probably a better QB than Alltman.  Indiana's schedule has been the weakest of the top 25, I think, so if the D steps it up from the ILL game and Dylan can do a better job of scrambling to extend drives, I think we can get the W.

• Like 1

Indiana looks a machine on offense, they are really good. I am impressed. That early fumble killed Nebraska and it cost them to fall behind 14-0. 28-7 Indiana at the half. Indiana has a 6-year QB, Nebraska has a freshman playing QB so I am not shocked Indiana is winning, but I thought this would be a 50/50 game and much closer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Indiana looks a machine on offense, they are really good. I am impressed. That early fumble killed Nebraska and it cost them to fall behind 14-0. 28-7 Indiana at the half. Indiana has a 6-year QB, Nebraska has a freshman playing QB so I am not shocked Indiana is winning, but I thought this would be a 50/50 game and much closer.

IU is the real deal. It’s almost surreal to have Hoosier football playing so well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They look like a playoff team to me; their offense looks unstoppable. Nebraska has a good defense and can't stop them.

Agreed. And while I have doubts they’ll beat Michigan and Ohio State, just imagine if they somehow win those games… 

It’s nice to have another Indiana team doing well that isn’t named Notre Dame lol…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Agreed. And while I have doubts they’ll beat Michigan and Ohio State, just imagine if they somehow win those games… 

It’s nice to have another Indiana team doing well that isn’t named Notre Dame lol…

This is the best team they have ever had that I have seen. They might beat Michigan, beating Ohio St. is a stretch.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2024 at 12:44 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Have a $1 bet on Indiana winning it all, didnt think too much of it in preseason and figured James Madison was 12-1 last year and 7 coaches and 18 players came over so .500 plus record. Starting to think they may make a run at the 12 team playoffs if Big 10 gets 3 in.  Odds were 500-1 so like playing a lottery ticket.

Odds have dropped quite a bit since then, glad I go in when I did.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Almost a pick 6. Dylan is young, he will learn. 2 costly turnovers by Nebraska in the redzone. This game is over now. 35-7. Nebraska should have 21 points but they don't, too sloppy. Indiana with a good win today. I am happy for them because they have sucked forever. 

Thanks. 

Only the second time in history for IU to go 7-0 I believe. 

• Like 2

Tennessee Vols with a big win against Bama. Playoff hopes are still alive but have to travel to Georgia soon. The loss to Arkansas was brutal. I still enjoy the NFL more but there is something about meaningful football in October that you can only have in college. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2024 at 10:11 PM, AwesomeAustin said:

Tennessee Vols with a big win against Bama. Playoff hopes are still alive but have to travel to Georgia soon. The loss to Arkansas was brutal. I still enjoy the NFL more but there is something about meaningful football in October that you can only have in college. 

I am liking this. If college football can get a little more like the NFL in the parity (will never totally get there) that it is more than 2 or 3 teams that are playoff worthy that have a shot at winning it all, there will be more interest in college football in general. It is more about quality than quantity. Quantity is incorporating 8 or 12 teams in the playoffs, while quality is 5-6 out of those teams having a REAL chance of winning it all instead of 2 or 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I am liking this. If college football can get a little more like the NFL in the parity (will never totally get there) that it is more than 2 or 3 teams that are playoff worthy that have a shot at winning it all, there will be more interest in college football in general. It is more about quality than quantity. Quantity is incorporating 8 or 12 teams in the playoffs, while quality is 5-6 out of those teams having a REAL chance of winning it all instead of 2 or 3.

I’m excited to see how the 12 team playoffs age. There should be a lot of competitive football. I have a feeling it will end up settling on 16 teams when it’s all said and done.   

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I’m excited to see how the 12 team playoffs age. There should be a lot of competitive football. I have a feeling it will end up settling on 16 teams when it’s all said and done.   

Like the top seed in the NFL, the top 4 seeds in college football have to mean something, with a first round bye, that is probably the thought process.

However, I can see it going to 14 teams like the NFL with only a clear top 2 getting a bye but that is as far as I can see it going, from 12 to 14, not 16.

Beyond that, the product will be diluted. But for now, 12 is good enough to see if we have enough upsets in the wild card round or whatever Bowl they come up with (chunky or chicken noodle soup :))

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Like the top seed in the NFL, the top 4 seeds in college football have to mean something, with a first round bye, that is probably the thought process.

However, I can see it going to 14 teams like the NFL with only a clear top 2 getting a bye but that is as far as I can see it going, from 12 to 14, not 16.

Beyond that, the product will be diluted. But for now, 12 is good enough to see if we have enough upsets in the wild card round or whatever Bowl they come up with (chunky or chicken noodle soup :))

I could see that scenario too. I think ultimately money will decide bc sports adds games to make more of it. I need to see how long the top teams will have off before playing. I hope none of them come out flat bc of extended time off. I see that time off being filled eventually. 

I am really proud of Nebraska today, only lost 21-17, they hung with 4th ranked Ohio State (at Ohio St) and had them pooping in their drawers until the end lmao .Indiana must be that great to beat them last week 56-7. By the way, Indiana is 8-0 and 5-0 in Big Ten play. They may go undefeated! They look better than Ohio St to me. Nebraska won't be a playoff team this year so, go Indiana. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Comparing them last week vs Nebraska compared to Ohio state this week there is no comparison who the better squad is and should be ranked higher.

I U has a great head coach who has a team that plays like dogs and has a bite to go along. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IU looks scary good; I wouldn't want to play them. They haven't trailed in a game all year. Think about that, 8 games and have not trailed!

They played today without their starting QB. Very impressive. I'm almost speechless. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too but their backup is good, and they have a great all-around team and great coach. They will need their starter though to make a run at a championship.

You are probably right but damn they play with spirit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are probably right but damn they play with spirit. 

I think it is safe to say, this may be the greatest Indiana team of all-time. They have a fast defense, good RB's, great QB, good O.Line, and great coach. They are just loaded. Their coach would want to make me run through a wall for him.

• Like 1