Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early 53 man roster guess (merge)

On 8/21/2024 at 1:41 PM, colts52761 said:

Please Cut Ehlinger!

I am not really concerned about what they do with the third QB spot because if they ever see the field it’s either in meaningless mop up time or the Colts have much bigger problems.

47 minutes ago, craigerb said:

Why do you think they will be so easy to find?

Oh.   Sorry Craig.  I phrased poorly.

I was being sarcastic and trying to imply the poster would quickly realize just how few there have been.   Turns out I was being too smart for my own good.  :peek:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, krunk said:

Dulin hasn't been injured at any point this camp. What I have found strange is to my recollection I have not seen him catch or be thrown a single pass the entire preseason. Nor have I seen him on any special teams activity. I have seen Anthony Gould though.

Dulin has been injured with hamstring issues and sat out 2 weeks, just came back and had 1 catch on 4 targets for 11 yards vs Bengals.

On 8/19/2024 at 7:55 PM, CR91 said:

QB - Richardson, Flacco (2)

RB - Taylor, Sermon, Hull (3)

WR - Pittman Jr, Pierce, Downs, Mitchell, Gould (5)

TE - Granson, MAC, Olgetree, Woods, Mallory (5)

LT -  Raimann, Freeland (2)

LG - Nelson, Tucker (2)

C - Kelly, Pinter (2)

RG - Fries, Bortolini (2)

RT - Smith, Goncalves (2)

Offense - 25

DE - Paye, Dayo (2)

3T - Buckner, Tomi (2)

NT - Stewart, Davis, Johnson (3)

Leo - Latu, Lewis, Land (3)

Will - Speed (1)

Mike - Franklin, Stayed (2)

Sam - Carlies, Olubi (2)

CB - Moore, Brents, Jones, Flowers, Simpson, Abraham (6)

FS - Blackmon, Thomas (2)

SS - Cross, Harrison (2)

Defense - 25

K- Gay

P - Sanchez

H - Rhodes

ST - (3)

PS - Ehlinger, Bean, Treadwell, Montgomery, Dulin, Fields, Goodson, Avery, Leo, Laulu, Bryan, Young, Anderson, Scott, Witt

You don't think Treadwell will make the team?

Just now, NFLfan said:

I put him on the PS. I just don't put much value in a 6th WR who mostly won't be part of the 46 game day roster. PS makes more sense

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 10:01 AM, NFLfan said:

I think he should, but realistically, he probably won't. I haven't paid any attention to his work on special teams, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

I wonder what the value of the Gunner position is today with the new kickoff rule? Will those players have less value to the team and if not good enough to be backend depth  they get cut?

Gunners always made their biggest impacts on punts and those rules haven’t changed.

2 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

I wonder what the value of the Gunner position is today with the new kickoff rule? Will those players have less value to the team and if not good enough to be backend depth  they get cut?

You still have punt returns but it’s a fair question.

5 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Thanks would you know if the same players are gunners on both special teams units

Can be depends on the player so I think there would be an impact but you still need gunners to cover punts so I don’t think teams are just going to dump gunners.

2 hours ago, craigerb said:

Tomi is Adetomiwa and Stayed is Stuard, right? Are you making up your own nicknames?

Tomi is the easy way to say his name. Stayed was a autocorrection

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now