Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Paris Summer Olympics

9 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Unbelievable finish by Steph Curry. Clear the court, isolate him and let him bring the gold home for the U.S. 

This validates my list when I say Curry is top 10 of all-time. My list as of now:

1. Jordan

2. Magic

3. LeBron

4. Kareem

5. Kobe

6. Wilt

7. Bird

8. Shaq

9. Curry

10. Russell

-If I ever write a book, I will go into huge detail and explain my criteria and rankings. Congrats to the USA, we won Gold again The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This validates my list when I say Curry is top 10 of all-time. My list as of now:

1. Jordan

2. Magic

3. LeBron

4. Kareem

5. Kobe

6. Wilt

7. Bird

8. Shaq

9. Curry

10. Russell

-If I ever write a book, I will go into huge detail and explain my criteria and rankings. Congrats to the USA, we won Gold again The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

he has to be top 10 by every metric… 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Myles said:

My daughter showed me some of the break dancing.  It was all bad.

I saw some very good sets for this being the first time, above was probably the worst, Rachael Gunn went winless and is an unathletic college professor who knew she couldnt be competetive in spins so tried something much different and it didnt work. If you look at track and field and swimming in the opening heats we saw some terrible times from people who could barely swim or run but got their countries on the international stage (We typically never see these heats televised). https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/aug/02/these-are-the-slowest-fastest-women-on-earth-and-they-all-have-a-story-to-tell

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Looking like us and China may tie for golds with only a few events left.

No China is perfect whenever they had to be while the US hasn’t been 

Once we lost women’s volleyball finals, there was no chance.

China 40 USA 39

Women’s 100 m, Men’s 200 m, Simone Biles’ Floor Routine, then the high jump guy not wanting to share gold medals, clearly 4 opportunities lost there but China cares about that far more than the USA, IMO

Its hard enough to be an Olympian and just medal, so who am I to judge these athletes for a silver or bronze? They represented their country well no matter what.

Chinese Federation OTOH….they’re definitely different like the Cold War era Soviet Union with their boot camp clinics/regimen/expectations from athletes 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No China is perfect whenever they had to be while the US hasn’t been 

Once we lost women’s volleyball finals, there was no chance.

China 40 USA 39

Women’s 100 m, Men’s 200 m, Simone Biles’ Floor Routine, then the high jump guy not wanting to share gold medals, clearly 4 opportunities lost there but China cares about that far more than the USA, IMO

Its hard enough to be an Olympian and just medal, so who am I to judge these athletes for a silver or bronze? They represented their country well no matter what.

We just won gold in females Cycling with Jennifer Valente.....

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@chad72did you watch Djokovic vs Alcarez for the Gold? That match was unbelievable. Dj still has it.

Heck yeah!!! Nobody personifies Us vs the world more than Djokovic and that’s why I love him!!!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Heck yeah!!! Nobody personifies Us vs the world more than Djokovic and that’s why I love him!!!

Pete Sampras will always be my favorite, he is in any top 5 discussion as well that is how great he was but Dj may be the GOAT? Federer was great too. Sampras was funny, I remember one time when asked why he never won the French Open, he said France sucks and I hate playing on clay Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

I saw some very good sets for this being the first time, above was probably the worst, Rachael Gunn went winless and is an unathletic college professor who knew she couldnt be competetive in spins so tried something much different and it didnt work. If you look at track and field and swimming in the opening heats we saw some terrible times from people who could barely swim or run but got their countries on the international stage (We typically never see these heats televised). https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/aug/02/these-are-the-slowest-fastest-women-on-earth-and-they-all-have-a-story-to-tell

I agree. My wife and I watched the finals, and thought it was pretty entertaining. The degree of difficulty was something else. I was dizzy just watching. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is funny is Nadal owned the French Open. He won like 10 of them. Sampras only cared about Wimbledon and the US Open.

Actually Nadal won 14 of them that Roland Garros has a Rafa statue in Paris outside the stadium :) 

What I didn’t know till now was Sampras dealt with anemia. He couldn’t go too long in rallies and that explained why he wanted to finish points faster with aggression. Hence he wasn’t able to make much dent at the French.

Only Djokovic has won AT LEAST 3 of every single Grand Slam, definitely the GOAT, and finished the last remaining piece of the puzzle with an Olympic Gold.

• Thanks 2

Everyone involved in picking this US women’s team should be terminated and never allowed to be involved again. This game should not even be close and they are on the verge of losing. 55 points and leaving off the two scorers that could have helped/that embarrassed this squad in the all-star game. If they lose with that controversy, which would be the reason we fell short of China in the gold medal count, it’s a true shame. 

12 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Everyone involved in picking this US women’s team should be terminated and never allowed to be involved again. This game should not even be close and they are on the verge of losing. 55 points and leaving off the two scorers that could have helped/that embarrassed this squad in the all-star game. If they lose with that controversy, which would be the reason we fell short of China in the gold medal count, it’s a true shame. 

Well, the All Star squad did beat them, that should tell you politics and bias played a part in their selections.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, the All Star squad did beat them, that should tell you politics and bias played a part in their selections.

Yeah. They squeaked it out with free throws, which wasn’t a sure thing the way they shot them today. Again- should have never been even close. Far different from the men’s situation. 

Well screw the French and IOC for shameful Olympic Village arrangements, and stripping Jordan Chiles of the medal respectively!!!

Romanian gymnasts, get ready to meet LA!!!  :)  Ana was gracious, Sabrina and her Mom with their racist taunts towards Chiles, not so much!!!

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Yeah. They squeaked it out with free throws, which wasn’t a sure thing the way they shot them today. Again- should have never been even close. Far different from the men’s situation. 

Won by 1 point. Clark should have been on the team but that is a different topic. We won regardless. That was way to close. I like Plum.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Well screw the French and IOC for shameful Olympic Village arrangements, and stripping Jordan Chiles of the medal respectively!!!

Romanian gymnasts, get ready to meet LA!!!  :) 

Just throwing it out there, but the Romanian team asked the IOC if they could share bronze with USA and they refused. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

Just throwing it out there, but the Romanian team asked the IOC if they could share bronze with USA and they refused. 

Not Ana who was gracious but Sabrina and her Mom who were part of racial stuff directed towards Chiles!!! 

Just now, chad72 said:

Not Ana who was gracious but Sabrina and her Mom who were part of racial stuff directed towards Chiles!!! 

Ridiculous part is Ana should’ve won it outright, but they called her for stepping out of bounds (which she didn’t). 

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Romanian gymnasts, get ready to meet LA!!!  :)  Ana was gracious, Sabrina and her Mom with their racist taunts towards Chiles, not so much!!!

what you don’t have a cardboard bed and no air conditioning at home? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Like I said earlier, when asked what do you think of france, Pete Sampras said "I think it sucks". Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. Pete never held back. He is in my top 5 of GOATS with Dj, Federer, Nadal, Borg, Pete was better than McEnroe.

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

what you don’t have a cardboard bed and no air conditioning at home? 

I’m still * off about the River Seine. Been one of the worst polluted rivers in centuries, but they thought it would be a good idea to toss swimmers into it. They thought somehow they’d reverse all those years of pollution and miraculously make it pristine. Complete fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’m still * off about the River Seine. Been one of the worst polluted rivers in centuries, but they thought it would be a good idea to toss swimmers into it. They thought somehow they’d reverse all those years of pollution and miraculously make it pristine. Complete fail.

there are very few rivers that should be used as a swimming pool. 

19 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

there are very few rivers that should be used as a swimming pool. 

A very sad reality… And one that won’t get better any time soon unfortunately. 

My very own Ohio River is so bad I tell my kiddos to never swim in it. 

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

A very sad reality… And one that won’t get better any time soon unfortunately. 

My very own Ohio River is so bad I tell my kiddos to never swim in it. 

Pat McAfee would like to have a word about the White River with you :) 

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Pat McAfee would like to have a word about the White River with you :) 

haha. 

The White, like many rivers, has been used as a sewer for over a century. It’s no longer dumped directly but still an extension and has plenty of farmland run off. So it gets it all. There was a time that there was basically little life in the river. It’s improved but still recommended to not let it touch your skin. 

• Like 1

Live by the clock, die by the clock. Maybe that’s why the Romanian Federation wanted to share the bronze, because they knew if the video got out, they’d have less legs to stand on, not because they truly cared an iota for Jordan Chiles.

If the premises of the judgement are no longer affected by the technicalities of the scoring and purely the clock, its game, set, match to me if USAG can back it.

Its pathetic on the FIG to not share the footage, and yes, they should all be roasted and held accountable one by one. The fight is on now.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Live by the clock, die by the clock. Maybe that’s why the Romanian Federation wanted to share the bronze, because they knew if the video got out, they’d have less legs to stand on, not because they truly cared an iota for Jordan Chiles.

If the premises of the judgement are no longer affected by the technicalities of the scoring and purely the clock, its game, set, match to me if USAG can back it.

Its pathetic on the FIG to not share the footage, and yes, they should all be roasted and held accountable one by one. The fight is on now.

I still think it’s b.s. that the final gymnasts only get 1 minute to appeal while everyone else gets 4. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I still think it’s b.s. that the final gymnasts only get 1 minute to appeal while everyone else gets 4. 

They will finally have their leg between their tails and grant both girls a bronze medal, something they should have done in the first place. 

36 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@2006Coltsbestever @holeymoley99 @ColtStrong2013 who do you think leads the way in 2028 if Lebron, KD and Curry hang it up?

I am thinking Damian Lillard and Trae Young should get their moments in the sun in LA. What do you think?

I would add Jaylen Brown of Celtics to play with his teammate Jayson Tatum too.

Hopefully Haliburton continues to get better and is in the mix too. 

• Like 2