Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So this Anthony Richardson guy...........

CR91

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will take a scene from Rocky 3. 80's and 90's were the best. After Homer gets destroyed by Tatum like Rocky did against Clubber, I walk in and tell Homer, you can't go out like that, we can win the title together like Apollo did. Homer would be like, I don't need this anymore, why you here? I would tell him, you can't pull it off without me because I am the best, you need better training. I am bored but great memories 

Homer Simpson Fighting GIF.

Regarding the Rocky movies, fighters compared to real life fighters by Rolling Stone:

Apollo Creed = Ali

Rocky = Rocky Marciano 

Clubber = Mike Tyson

Drago = Vitali klitchko

😂

Rocky 2 and 4 are my favorite. Have you watched the Creed movies?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CR91 said:

😂

Rocky 2 and 4 are my favorite. Have you watched the Creed movies?

I have seen Creed 1. Rocky 3 is my favorite. Apollo training Rocky and Mr T's character were priceless. Rocky 2 had the best fight though :thmup:. After Rocky 4, it got too played out to me. 5 and 6 were MEH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have seen Creed 1. Rocky 3 is my favorite. Apollo training Rocky and Mr T's character were priceless. Rocky 2 had the best fight though :thmup:. After Rocky 4, it got too played out to me. 5 and 6 were MEH.

Fights were too short though. Creed 2 is good. It's Apollo's son vs Draco's son

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No doubt about it Rocky 3 was the best with Clubber Lang

Predictions for the fight ?

Animated GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wepner had a strong chin, he was a good fighter.

Yeah, when he wasn’t bleeding all over the place, haha.  From what I remember he was similar to Smokin’ Joe; kept moving forward.

I always thought Bonecrusher Smith had the body to take on anyone.   I met him once at his training camp in the 80’s.  Those arms were massive and packed a lot of power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah, when he wasn’t bleeding all over the place, haha.  From what I remember he was similar to Smokin’ Joe; kept moving forward.

I always thought Bonecrusher Smith had the body to take on anyone.   I met him once at his training camp in the 80’s.  Those arms were massive and packed a lot of power.

He was called "The Bayonne Bleeder".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CR91 said:

Fights were too short though. Creed 2 is good. It's Apollo's son vs Draco's son

I have seen a few clips of Creed 2 on Youtube but never have watched the whole movie. I seen where Drago is in it. I thought Creed 1 was kind of average but I grew up with the Rocky movies with Rocky fighting. As far as the fights between Rocky and Clubber being short, that was fine because there were 2 of them. The way I would rank the Rocky movies would be:

1. Rocky 3 - had more action than any of them and the Creed twist was shocking. Back then there was no internet or teasers, so nobody had no idea that Creed would train Rocky. Mr T was by far the baddest villain of them all. He made people want to hate him. Hulk Hogan was even it who Rocky fought for charity lmao . Mick even passed away, it all kinds of twists and turns.

2. Rocky 1 - the 1st one because of the storyline. He also went the distance with GOAT = Apollo, nobody ever done that.

3. Rocky 2 - had the best fight, so I can see how that would be #1 in many eyes. That was my mom's favorite because of Adrian coming out of the coma and telling Rocky to win and the fight was the best of the whole series.

4. Rocky 4 - This one was good but not great. They could have made this much better to where it could of been the best of the series. It was kind of unrealistic because no way in real life would Apollo get killed in 2 rounds. The fight between Apollo and Drago should have at least gone 7 or 8 rounds and just show Apollo taking a beating. 2 Rounds = no way. #2, they made Drago out to be like a superhero, Rocky already beat Clubber who was just as strong, so I didn't care for the storyline. The training scenes by Rocky and Drago and the music is what saved that one from being average.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Fun fact: Smith took Mike Tyson the distance, only 1 of 2 fighters to do that when Mike was Champ from 1986-1989. Tony Tucker was the other.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 11:06 PM, Indyfan4life said:

How can you get healthy if you don’t work out or strengthen the area of the body you injured and had surgery on? It’ll never cease to amaze me how little some people understand the human body. 

LOL You got me, I must be a robot.  

Richardson just missed an entire season being hurt. I think it would make sense to be a little bit more cautious this soon after coming back from shoulder surgery. 

Besides, some of us remember a certain QB snowboarding getting injured. 

• Like 2

I had a client that lives in Florida that says he has never played a full season even in High School and would never play a full season again since he is so injury prone. I sure hope that will not happen 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

I had a client that lives in Florida that says he has never played a full season even in High School and would never play a full season again since he is so injury prone. I sure hope that will not happen 

giphy.gif

On 6/28/2024 at 5:38 PM, atapcl said:

I’m 71 & 2/3 years. Wait until you guys get to 60!

I hit 80 the 20th. It doesn't get better but thank God I can still golf. Not good but still swinging!😜

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I hit 80 the 20th. It doesn't get better but thank God I can still golf. Not good but still swinging!😜

If I make 80 it will be a miracle homer simpson laughing GIF- 80 is impressive. Now days, 70 isn't really real old but a lot of people would be happy to live to be 80. Talking about the Rocky movies earlier, look at how great of shape Carl Weathers was in, he worked out for over 40 years, didn't drink or smoke and he passed at 76.

On 6/28/2024 at 4:52 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Anymore when I get out of bed, I have to be careful. I may aggravate something lmao . Once you turn 50, I see the crap that happens. I will be 53 shortly. 

53???   I have socks older than you.    HA

• Like 2

On 7/2/2024 at 12:54 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

I'm 6'-4", 220 lbs. Work out at the gym 3 days a week. Play Pickleball on the other days against guys half my age, and I'm older than dirt. I suppose you can guess I'm retired. Kicking butt and taking names.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

I'm 6'-4", 220 lbs. Work out at the gym 3 days a week. Play Pickleball on the other days against guys half my age, and I'm older than dirt. I suppose you can guess I'm retired. Kicking butt and taking names.

6’4 at 220?! Dang! You’re in great shape!!! I’m 5’7” and just finally got to below 200 for the first time since college. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

6’4 at 220?! Dang! You’re in great shape!!! I’m 5’7” and just finally got to below 200 for the first time since college. 

A healthy diet and a lot of exercise. Most people don't have time to devote to their health.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, CoachLite said:

I still have my moments when I get poked lol. I may be a little out of shape and have some arthritis due to running for 25+ years but when someone pokes Ol Homey, I can come alive Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by MOODMAN.in my prime i only weighed 180 pounds but it was all muscle at 5'8. I could bench press 250 pounds and i ran the Mini in 2 hours. 6'4 220 is intimidating, I would want you on my side :thmup:.

15 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Good to know there are a few of us who take as good care of our bodies as we do our cars.  Most guys our age (I'm also retired) don't.

Can I ask which state you're in?  We're in FL and pickleball abounds.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Good to know there are a few of us who take as good care of our bodies as we do our cars.  Most guys our age (I'm also retired) don't.

I would have gave everything to be 6'4, I honestly believe I could have played in the NFL OR NBA had i been that tall. I was very strong and athletic for my size is why. Being 5'8 is decent size but nobody takes you serious on a pro level unless you are 6'0 tall. Only reason why Spud Webb was taken serious was because he had 45 inch vertical leap, and it was neat he could slam like a 6'6 guy. I did some boxing when I was in my 20's at a local gym and took on someone that was 6'2 and he was too slow. He could barely hit me, I was laughing chuckling homer simpson GIF-that was 30 years ago but still funny.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I'm in New Mexico. We have ~300 days of sun and plenty of opportunities to play outdoors.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would have gave everything to be 6'4, I honestly believe I could have played in the NFL OR NBA had i been that tall. I was very strong and athletic for my size is why. Being 5'8 is decent size but nobody takes you serious on a pro level unless you are 6'0 tall. Only reason why Spud Webb was taken serious was because he had 45 inch vertical leap, and it was neat he could slam like a 6'6 guy. I did some boxing when I was in my 20's at a local gym and took on someone that was 6'2 and he was too slow. He could barely hit me, I was laughing chuckling homer simpson GIF-that was 30 years ago but still funny.

I don't run side-to-side as fast as I used to, but I have good reflexes and "fast hands". My most often used comment to opponents when they try to lob me is "you can't teach tall". I don't play singles too much anymore because the kids run me ragged.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh, yeah? Try fitting into a Triumph TR-6. I used to drive an MG-TF (I'm that old), but I never used the doors to get in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CoachLite said:

I don't run side-to-side as fast as I used to, but I have good reflexes and "fast hands". My most often used comment to opponents when they try to lob me is "you can't teach tall". I don't play singles too much anymore because the kids run me ragged.

to be honest, I will be 53 shortly and if we boxed now, you would probably KO me with you being 6'4 220 pound. It would be like Apollo vs Drago, you being Drago.homer simpson laughing GIF