Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady finally admits he knew about Deflategate...shocker..lol

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Otto Graham in fairness belongs in the top 10, he was great for his time and won a lot but Mt Rushmore, I disagree with you there. Same for Bill Russell, my Mt Rushmore in basketball is Jordan, Magic, LeBron, and Kareem. I would take Kareem over Russell all day and every day. 

Wilt is best Center to play the game, strongest at that spot,athletic freak. The league had to change rules to contain him. In todays NBA he would dominate.

• Like 1

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Wilt is best Center to play the game, strongest at that spot,athletic freak. The league had to change rules to contain him. In todays NBA he would dominate.

IMO Wilt was better than Russell, he just didn't win as much. Statistically, nobody can match him when he was at his peak. He once averaged 50 Points and 25 Rebounds a game in a season. That is just crazy!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO Wilt was better than Russell, he just didn't win as much. Statistically, nobody can match him when he was at his peak. He once averaged 50 Points and 25 Rebounds a game in a season. That is just crazy!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Wilt's numbers are video game numbers and at age 59 he outbenched a prime Shaq 465 lbs to 460...at age 59...smh.

At Kansas was a track and field star    https://medium.com/@gavin.ray/wilt-chamberlain-is-the-greatest-athlete-of-all-time-and-its-not-even-close-1e169af3aad0

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Yeah Wilt's numbers are video game numbers and at age 59 he outbenched a prime Shaq 465 lbs to 460...at age 59...smh.

At Kansas was a track and field star    https://medium.com/@gavin.ray/wilt-chamberlain-is-the-greatest-athlete-of-all-time-and-its-not-even-close-1e169af3aad0

Shaq is the closest thing to Wilt we will ever see. Today's centers are more finesse. Joker plays like a PG and likes to shoot 3's even. He is a great player but doesn't overpower you down low. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I figured you would love my knowledge of knowing who Bobby Layne was. I even have done my research on Sammy Baugh too. I don't disregard what the older generation did, but the game is just different now.

I do respect those that study the older generations and accomplishments. Slingin Sammy too was a great one. IMO the sport that most fans study the past greats is Baseball and by a wide margin. Everyone knows Babe Ruth the greatest power hitter of all time and Cy Young and Ty Cobb.........could go on and on but in Baseball those legends never die like in other sports.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

I do respect those that study the older generations and accomplishments. Slingin Sammy too was a great one. IMO the sport that most fans study the past greats is Baseball and by a wide margin. Everyone knows Babe Ruth the greatest power hitter of all time and Cy Young and Ty Cobb.........could go on and on but in Baseball those legends never die like in other sports.

Yeah, baseball is big when it comes to players that played even 100 years ago. Babe Ruth of course. There is only one Babe. Guy could party all night, drink, be with women, and wake up on 2 hours of sleep and then hit 3 HR's in a game Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. To me Willie Mays is probably the greatest there ever was and he played in the 50's, 60's, and up through 70's. Pitchers in the 70's were throwing 90 MPH by then. Mays won a World Series, so he was a champion, batted .302 for his career, and hit 660 HR's. I just know those stats off the top of my head without looking them up lol. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Russell was by far the better defender, though.  He regularly ate Wilt for breakfast.

3 hours ago, NFLUp said:

Russell was by far the better defender, though.  He regularly ate Wilt for breakfast.

Wilt averaged  29.9 pts and 28.1 rebounds in 94 career games vs Russell. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Wilt dominated Bill Russell when they played, what Boston fans don't comprehend for some reason is, the Celtics had all the best players on their team other than players like West, Baylor, and Robertson. Outside of that the league had a bunch of MEH players back then except on Boston. Boston had Cousy, Havlicek, Sam Jones, Tom Heinsohn, and KC Jones besides Russell. Russell could get away with playing a bad game on occasion because Havlicek or Sam Jones or even Heinsohn could go for 25 and they would still win. Cousy wasn't a great shooter but was a great Assist guy and would just run that team like a great QB does.

Bill Simmons has Bill Russell as the 2nd greatest player ever, that is what ruins his list and I agree with a lot of his rankings. Loved his book and love his knowledge on ranking players but his Russell ranking is simply because he is from Boston. No way in hell is Bill Russell the 2nd greatest player of all-time. He had too many offensive deficiencies to be that. To me Larry Bird was the better player compared to Bill Russell. 

Simmons top 10 updated:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Bill Russell

3. LeBron James

4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

5. Magic Johnson

6. Larry Bird

7. Wilt Chamberlain 

8. Tim Duncan

9. Kobe Bryant 

10. Jerry West

Mine is:

1. Michael Jordan (we agree)

2. Magic Johnson

3. LeBron James (we agree)

4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (we agree)

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Larry Bird (we agree)

7. Wilt Chamberlain (we agree)

8. Steph Curry - Bill has Curry 15th.

9. Shaq O'Neal - Bill has Shaq 13th.

10. Bill Russell - yes, he makes my top 10, great defensive player, great rebounder, a good scorer but not a dominant scorer and a winner. His 11 championships can be viewed in a lot of different ways compared to how players won theirs in the 80's-up until now. 11 is 11 though so a top 10 list without him would not like right.

He had West and Duncan in his top 10 - I don't. I have Shaq and Curry instead. To me Shaq was more dominant at his peak than Duncan was, and Curry changed the game with his 3-point shooting. Shaq is the only player in NBA history other than Michael Jordan to win 3 straight Finals MVP's (2000-2002), he has to be top 10. I never thought I would see a better shooter than Reggie Miller, then Steph entered the building. Steph also does have 4 championships, a Finals MVP, and 2 League MVP's + he has the most 3 pointers made in NBA history.

Notices of posts on this thread kept popping up. I knew there was no way the conversation was still about TB and the roast…. so I literally just hopped in here to see where the conversation veered off to. Wow, what a tangent! 

Might be one of the best I’ve seen on the forum lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Notices of posts on this thread kept popping up. I knew there was no way the conversation was still about TB and the roast…. so I literally just hopped in here to see where the conversation veered off to. Wow, what a tangent! 

Might be one of the best I’ve seen on the forum lmao

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO). Thank you very much.

Ah what the hell, I will do a Sweet 16/Top 16. My top 10 is above.

11. Oscar Robertson

12. Tim Duncan

13. Hakeem Olajuwon

14. Jerry West

15. Karl Malone

16. Dirk Nowitzki

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO). Thank you very much.

Ah what the hell, I will do a Sweet 16/Top 16. My top 10 is above.

11. Oscar Robertson

12. Tim Duncan

13. Hakeem Olajuwon

14. Jerry West

15. Karl Malone

16. Dirk Nowitzki

Hells yeah the Mail Man at 15! He was the main reason I paid attention to the Jazz in my youth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Reggie would have as well.   

I agree. 1998 was the year. Jazz had the Bulls beat in 1997 but choked away 2 close games at the end. Pacers took the Bulls 7 and had the lead in Game 7 with 4 minutes left. That was a painful loss.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. 1998 was the year. Jazz had the Bulls beat in 1997 but choked away 2 close games at the end. Pacers took the Bulls 7 and had the lead in Game 7 with 4 minutes left. That was a painful loss.

Tony Kukoc had a great series.   The pacers contained Jordan as well as any team ever did.   Kukoc won it.  That Pacers team was great. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Tony Kukoc had a great series.   The pacers contained Jordan as well as any team ever did.   Kukoc won it.  That Pacers team was great. 

Kukoc killed Indy in Game 7. Dude didn't miss, had he just played an average game, we advance. That is the gut punch about the whole thing. They also killed us on the boards.

• Like 1

It is amazing how SB Championships won influence fans and media on who they think was the best QBs of all-time. On Getup earlier, a question was asked to the whole panel, who's career would you rather have, Eli Manning or Aaron Rodgers? Everyone said Eli Manning because he has 2 SB Rings as a starter to Aaron's 1. 

Now everyone in here knows why I was praying and lost sleep over Peyton trying to get Ring #2. Once Peyton got #2, he separated himself from the other 2-time winners because League MVP's is the tiebreaker. Only 5 QBs as a starter in league history have won more SBs than Peyton = Brady (7), Bradshaw (4), Montana (4), Aikman (3), and Mahomes (3). When you win 2, you join an elite group and are just looked at differently. Right or wrong, that is the way it is. Nobody ever even talks about Dan Marino as being a Top 5 QB of all-time because he never won a SB.

In 2015, Broncos made the best move in their history when they decided to bench Brock OZ and bring Peyton back in. I was even getting into it with a few in here that wanted OZ to stay the starter, they were Patriots fans though of course. They are knowledgeable fans and know you can't be in the GOAT convo without winning multiple SBs. Peyton did it and he belongs in the GOAT convo combined with his 5 League MVP's.

On 5/6/2024 at 6:19 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Where do you have Otto Graham ?  7 championships and 3 runner ups  in the 10 seasons he played.  MVP 5 of his 10 seasons. It is a team game BUT the greatest winning QB of all time by quite a bit at 57-13.

And I doubt  Graham's accomplishments were   tainted and back in those days if a person was a "known cheater" they wouldn't get the time of day from fans,media, or other players. Nowadays is much different and instead of being disgraced and shamed  they are described as all time greats. haha

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 3:15 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wilt dominated Bill Russell when they played, what Boston fans don't comprehend for some reason is, the Celtics had all the best players on their team other than players like West, Baylor, and Robertson. Outside of that the league had a bunch of MEH players back then except on Boston. Boston had Cousy, Havlicek, Sam Jones, Tom Heinsohn, and KC Jones besides Russell. Russell could get away with playing a bad game on occasion because Havlicek or Sam Jones or even Heinsohn could go for 25 and they would still win. Cousy wasn't a great shooter but was a great Assist guy and would just run that team like a great QB does.

Bill Simmons has Bill Russell as the 2nd greatest player ever, that is what ruins his list and I agree with a lot of his rankings. Loved his book and love his knowledge on ranking players but his Russell ranking is simply because he is from Boston. No way in hell is Bill Russell the 2nd greatest player of all-time. He had too many offensive deficiencies to be that. To me Larry Bird was the better player compared to Bill Russell. 

Simmons top 10 updated:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Bill Russell

3. LeBron James

4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

5. Magic Johnson

6. Larry Bird

7. Wilt Chamberlain 

8. Tim Duncan

9. Kobe Bryant 

10. Jerry West

Mine is:

1. Michael Jordan (we agree)

2. Magic Johnson

3. LeBron James (we agree)

4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (we agree)

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Larry Bird (we agree)

7. Wilt Chamberlain (we agree)

8. Steph Curry - Bill has Curry 15th.

9. Shaq O'Neal - Bill has Shaq 13th.

10. Bill Russell - yes, he makes my top 10, great defensive player, great rebounder, a good scorer but not a dominant scorer and a winner. His 11 championships can be viewed in a lot of different ways compared to how players won theirs in the 80's-up until now. 11 is 11 though so a top 10 list without him would not like right.

He had West and Duncan in his top 10 - I don't. I have Shaq and Curry instead. To me Shaq was more dominant at his peak than Duncan was, and Curry changed the game with his 3-point shooting. Shaq is the only player in NBA history other than Michael Jordan to win 3 straight Finals MVP's (2000-2002), he has to be top 10. I never thought I would see a better shooter than Reggie Miller, then Steph entered the building. Steph also does have 4 championships, a Finals MVP, and 2 League MVP's + he has the most 3 pointers made in NBA history.

Nice list, you certainly know your basketball. I don't watch or know a fraction about basketball compared to you. 

But I will give my all time list too anyway, but a much shorter list than yours and Simmons.

1. LeBron James

2. Dr. J (Julias Irving) I really liked the Fast Break style  the Celtics,Lakers, and 76ers played way back then.

3. Cameron Brink   :woah: :funny: :funny:  :woah:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Nice list, you certainly know your basketball. I don't watch or know a fraction about basketball compared to you. 

But I will give my all time list too anyway, but a much shorter list than yours and Simmons.

1. LeBron James

2. Dr. J (Julias Irving) I really liked the Fast Break style  the Celtics,Lakers, and 76ers played way back then.

3. Cameron Brink   :woah: :funny: :funny:  :woah:

Julius Erving to me was the greatest ABA player of all-time. I started watching basketball around 1977 pretty much when the ABA closed shop. NBA wise, the 'Doc' was very good and won a Championship in 1983 with Moses in Philly. Cameron Brink lmao , she is a baller :thmup:.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...