Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think we have to go defense the rest of the way. I thought we had traded up for Ta'Amu, but I can see why they like Hilton. Maybe the defensive guys they really like are all still there? I'll just have to trust them and see how it works out.

I thought Taamu also but was thinking 5 spots ?

There are still possible starters out there (or at least nickles).

Dennard, Minnifield, Bokin off the top of my head...

we are loaded with nickles our number 1 seems to be a nickle at this point, yes I know different scheme but still

how about no

Wait til next year

I don't know.

I don't see the urgency to fix everything this year, and it won't happen even if we try.

However, we're out of money this year, so our best/only options are draft picks, if Freeney's contract situation doesn't change.

Next year we have tons of money to spend in FA, and could decide to do with fewer draft picks.

I don't know.

I don't see the urgency to fix everything this year, and it won't happen even if we try.

However, we're out of money this year, so our best/only options are draft picks, if Freeney's contract situation doesn't change.

Next year we have tons of money to spend in FA, and could decide to do with fewer draft picks.

My pint is not to waste any draft pick this year or next because of how high they could possibly be

My pint is not to waste any draft pick this year or next because of how high they could possibly be

I guess once you get to rounds 5+, I don't think of them as high.

Yep, they are in that round, but with all the dipping into FA we'll have to do next year just to get to the cap floor, I could do without some of those picks next year, if we want better picks this year.

I don't want that practice to go beyond next year, but I'd be fine with it.

We need som form of defense out their consiidering we have passed on almost all of the talent on that side of the ball, even though whatever we get now might as well be considered depth players cause there is no way were getting Ta'amu

and we still need a defensive tackle, Im sure Ta'amu will be out of the running for that by the time our next pick rolls around

Even if we don't get one, we can manage with McKinney + Antonio Johnson for one year. Could we manage with Eldridge for one year? Hmm.

Even if we don't get one, we can manage with McKinney + Antonio Johnson for one year. Could we manage with Eldridge for one year? Hmm.

actually I am not against drafting two tight ends I was against where we drafted them , we could have gotten Green in the 4th and heck even Fleener in the second if you want but I would have chosen Jenkins or especially upshaw over him

Some good players available to take yet and shore up the D, only thing is sitting out the 4th round, see who is still there beginning the fith, A lot of surprises last night with players passed or taken later than thought, some questionable picks as well. Anxious to see what is on the board come the 5th round, don't think we can move back into the 4th unless we give up some early round picks in next years draft

I am kind of surprised at who all is available. I am really surprised that Bobbie Massie is still available. I kept hearing he was a 2nd round pick that may sneak into the first round. I hope the guy isn't hurt or got pulled over with a trunk full of weed.

There are a couple of other guys as well, Boykin, Ta'amu, Lamar Miller, and Jared Crick that should go quick.

One guy who I feel would be a good 3-4 OLB is Jonathan Massaquoi from Troy. He was a DE there but is 6'2" and 250 lbs. He could learn the system for a year and then take over for Freeney. Hopefully he will last until the 5th round.