Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul

It is Boxing, so I figured it should go under this topic. IMO, Mike Tyson at his peak was the greatest Heavy Wt. Champion of all-time. He had good hand speed, perfect head movement, great footwork, and the best power puncher with his right hand and upper cut I have ever seen. From 1985-1989, he was 37-0 with 33 KO's. Jake Paul is currently 9-1, 8 KO's and only 27 years old. Good power puncher, ok hand speed, but is in great shape. 

My opinion personally, I don't think Jake Paul realizes what he is getting into here. They won't be wearing head gear, this is a real fight. Younger people on social media are making fun of Tyson saying he is an old man, and that Paul will KO him. Here is the deal - they are in for a rude awaking when Tyson destroys this guy within 3 rounds. I will love every bit of it because Tyson is in my generation and at 58 years old will beat this man down easily who is 27. The younger generation is about to be taught what Boxing is all about. mike tyson GIF- We will see how much technology being better now helps Mr. Paul out lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

This just seems like a bad idea… If Paul wins he beat an old man. If Paul loses he lost to an old man. 

if Paul wins or loses, he still wins because all he cares about is the money he’s making… 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

As many here know I work in the mma/kb and Boxing industry( matchmaking events, judging and announcing). The whole Paul thing is a joke to get casual fans buying and talking. Several bouts have been staged. Tyson is totally shot and is a shell of his former self ( he was shot 20 years ago when he lost to Danny Williams and Kevin McBride back to back) but the last thing to go on a former fighter is his punch, Tyson doesnt have heavy hands like a Foreman or Earnie Shavers but he has compact power that is helped but speed (His speed also isnt what it was but is there). IF the bout is legit and most in the business do not believe that it is, Mike will ko Paul early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

As many here know I work in the mma/kb and Boxing industry( matchmaking events, judging and announcing). The whole Paul thing is a joke to get casual fans buying and talking. Several bouts have been staged. Tyson is totally shot and is a shell of his former self ( he was shot 20 years ago when he lost to Danny Williams and Kevin McBride back to back) but the last thing to go on a former fighter is his punch, Tyson doesnt have heavy hands like a Foreman or Earnie Shavers but he has compact power that is helped but speed (His speed also isnt what it was but is there). IF the bout is legit and most in the business do not believe that it is, Mike will ko Paul early.

It has been announced that is a legit Pro fight as well. Both fighters will wear 14 Oz gloves, no head gear, and it is 8 Rounds. 2 minute rounds though, not 3. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It has been announced that is a legit Pro fight as well. Both fighters will wear 14 Oz gloves, no head gear, and it is 8 Rounds. 2 minute rounds though, not 3. 

Woodley bout the signal was caught on tape which made everyone look bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Woodley bout the signal was caught on tape which made everyone look bad.

Paul is young and has power. Even at 58, I can't see Mike losing though. At the end of his career, he fought McBride like he didn't even want to be there, he seemed not to care. I am getting a different vibe here. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Paul is young and has power. Even at 58, I can't see Mike losing though. At the end of his career, he fought McBride like he didn't even want to be there, he seemed not to care. I am getting a different vibe here. 

McBride was a below avg Hvy but was a still a real fighter, Paul isnt a real fighter.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RollerColt said:

July 20th is gonna be interesting. Tyson is currently a +150 underdog.

Tyson in 3. My early prediction. Paul can take a punch and has power + he's young, but after getting battered for 2 rounds, he will go down in 3. Remember though, it is only 2-minute rounds, not 3. If for some reason, Paul can get by the 3rd, he may have a shot with Tyson being 58 years old. I guess that is what Vegas is banking on.

• 2 weeks later...

I find these type of events so strange. A YouTube personality vs a 60yr old.  I’m sure it will sell really well and they will accomplish their goal.  Good for them but I guess I don’t understand why people want to watch this stuff. Well, I guess it’s all meant to be entertaining so that kind of answers my own question. 

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I find these type of events so strange. A YouTube personality vs a 60yr old.  I’m sure it will sell really well and they will accomplish their goal.  Good for them but I guess I don’t understand why people want to watch this stuff. Well, I guess it’s all meant to be entertaining so that kind of answers my own question. 

It's simple why everyone will watch. It is because it is Mike Tyson, regardless of his age. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's simple why everyone will watch. It is because it is Mike Tyson, regardless of his age. 

Yeah but Tyson doesn't look like he is in great boxing shape. Paul in under 5 rounds.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah but Tyson doesn't look like he is in great boxing shape. Paul in under 5 rounds.

You sure about that. I have seen Tyson training on Youtube, he still hits hard and moves real fast. He also has very little body fat. Tyson in 3 is my prediction. 

• 2 weeks later...

Less than 2 months away when the greatest crushes this Jake Paul guy. Tyson in 3. Tyson is getting in great shape, he looks fast and strong as of now. 

When I list boxers where they rank all-time, I go by peak. You have to when it comes to boxing because most fighters Don't last long. Mike Tyson from 1985-1995 only lost once in 10 years. His record in that time frame was 43-1 37 KO's. Buster Douglas KO'd him in the 10th round in a fight where Mike didn't even train for and Mike actually KO'd him in the 8th, Douglas got a 13 count. 

Notable wins in that 10 year frame.

Berbick

Holmes but he was old, still it was Holmes.

Tucker 

Spinks

Bruno

Ruddock (twice)

On 5/23/2024 at 5:53 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Less than 2 months away when the greatest crushes this Jake Paul guy. Tyson in 3. Tyson is getting in great shape, he looks fast and strong as of now. 

When I list boxers where they rank all-time, I go by peak. You have to when it comes to boxing because most fighters Don't last long. Mike Tyson from 1985-1995 only lost once in 10 years. His record in that time frame was 43-1 37 KO's. Buster Douglas KO'd him in the 10th round in a fight where Mike didn't even train for and Mike actually KO'd him in the 8th, Douglas got a 13 count. 

Notable wins in that 10 year frame.

Berbick

Holmes but he was old, still it was Holmes.

Tucker 

Spinks

Bruno

Ruddock (twice)

Douglas could have beat the count at anytime, if you rewatch he hit the mat with his glove in frustration at being careless at 2 seconds in, he waited like many to get up on the refs count. The count was never 10 or above, fight ends at 10 count. Also many think a 10 count is 10 seconds this is also incorrect some refs count quicker then a second and some less. Ive been involved in the business many years, have matchmade and judged more fights then I can count have seen many strange things but that fight was not one of them honestly.

10 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Fight off due to health reasons ....hopefully Paul doesnt schedule his brother as a replacement.....

It has just been postponed. They are still going to fight. New fight date will be announced soon. Doctors found an ulcer in Mike's stomach so it is a health risk that he fights. If you get hit in the wrong spot with an ulcer, your stomach can cause internal bleeding. That is nothing to play around with. The fight will still happen according to both parties.

Fight has been re-scheduled for November 15th. I knew they would still fight; some Tyson haters were thinking he was just trying to get out of the fight. Like he is afraid of a Youtuber that has fought tomato cans! He just couldn't take a risk with the type of ulcer he has because had he got hit wrong in the area, his stomach could have exploded. Jake Paul isn't getting off that easily The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)