Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN.com projects a new team for Minshew

NewColtsFan

This is up on ESPN’s website.  A story, which is basically a thought experiment which predicts who will be the starting quarterback for all 32 teams.   

They project Denver trades Wilson to Atlanta.   Denver will then eat a massive $85 mill dead cap hit over two years.   The Broncos will need an inexpensive starting QB.  They would sign Minshew for 2 years and $14 million to be their starting QB in 24 and maybe 25.  

If you don’t see the story, look for it on the ESPN.com NFL page. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is up on ESPN’s website.  A story, which is basically a thought experiment which predicts who will be the starting quarterback for all 32 teams.   

They project Denver trades Wilson to Atlanta.   Denver will then eat a massive $85 mill dead cap hit over two years.   The Broncos will need an inexpensive starting QB.  They would sign Minshew for 2 years and $14 million to be their starting QB in 24 and maybe 25.  

Link please.

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Link please.

Huh? 

You know I don’t link.   You’ve made an issue of me not linking.   I literally wrote that if the story isn’t on the main ESPN.com page, you’ll find it on their NFL page.   

On the NFL page, the title of the story is “projecting the quarterback carousel”.  

Hope that helps.   

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 1:25 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Got a link?

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 1:25 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I can see that if Atlanta made the trade for Wilson.  If Denver pays for their mistake, Atlanta may do it.  It would also be very attractive to Minshew.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I can see that if Atlanta made the trade for Wilson.  If Denver pays for their mistake, Atlanta may do it.  It would also be very attractive to Minshew.

Yup….   All possible….  But again, it’s just NFL writers spit-balling ideas.  A wild * guess.   Not to be taken as a prediction.  

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 12:13 PM, Solid84 said:

I could see Minshew in a placeholder spot for a year or two. The thing that makes this unlikely to me is anyone trading for Wilson at this point.

Didnt Wilson have a decent bounce-back season this year?   I’m under that impression, but perhaps I’m wrong?  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Didnt Wilson have a decent bounce-back season this year?   I’m under that impression, but perhaps I’m wrong?  

17 hours ago, Myles said:

Yep.  26 TD's 8 INT's with a rating of 98.   Just glanced at it, but he was decent enough for a trade to happen. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

I honestly haven't followed him at all this season. My response was mostly based on last seasons collapse in Denver. I does seem like he did a lot better this season. I guess it depends on what the trade entails.

A QB starved team will take a run at Russell Wilson. And why not? He played better in 2023 and still has gas in the tank. Even if he’s only a placeholder for a couple of years, he definitely has value. 
I also expect Minshew to be with another team next season. He has his limitations but deserves a chance to start, and there a few teams where he could be an upgrade over what they have.