Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023/24 NFL Weekly Pick'em Games for the season

Leaderboard overall standings through 18 weeks: 272 games played/picked

1. @2006Coltsbestever173-99

1. @Moe173-99

2. @chad72171-101 (2 games back)

3. @EasyE169-103 (4 games back) 

3. @Chrisaaron1023169-103 (4 games back)

4. @w87r167-105 (6 games back)

4. @VikingsFanInChennai167-105 (6 games back)

5. @RollerColt157-115 (16 games back)

5. @coltsva157-115 (16 games back)

Honorable Mention:

@Solid84146-94 (missed 1st 2 weeks = 0-32)146-126.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First off, I would like to thank everyone that participated in this. People are busy outside of here, may have health issues, work a lot, have family issues, etc.. To get your picks in 18 weeks in a row is impressive! 

We had 10 people do this which made it very competitive. From strategy used, looking at point spreads of games/checking on injuries of players, switching, playing it safe at times is time consuming. Going into this last week, 4 people legit could have won this Championship. Chad damn near pulled off the best comeback of all-time and Moe and Easy had me scared. I could play it safe somewhat but I had to worry about 3 other people so it was impossible because they were picking different lmao . 

Moe and I tied for the Championship. Congrats to Moe. I am happy to share it, but we basically fought to a DRAW. We both won. Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons-Homer trying to get a free beer from Moe haha . homer simpson episode 3 GIF. The Simpsons magic was our good luck charm.

Feel free to chime in and should there be a tiebreaker between Moe and I? Should we do Playoff picks?

Thanks, this has been fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

First off, I would like to thank everyone that participated in this. People are busy outside of here, may have health issues, work a lot, have family issues, etc.. To get your picks in 18 weeks in a row is impressive! 

We had 10 people do this which made it very competitive. From strategy used, looking at point spreads of games/checking on injuries of players, switching, playing it safe at times is time consuming. Going into this last week, 4 people legit could have won this Championship. Chad damn near pulled off the best comeback of all-time and Moe and Easy had me scared. I could play it safe somewhat but I had to worry about 3 other people so it was impossible because they were picking different lmao . 

Moe and I tied for the Championship. Congrats to Moe. I am happy to share it, but we basically fought to a DRAW. We both won. Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons-Homer trying to get a free beer from Moe haha . homer simpson episode 3 GIF. The Simpsons magic was our good luck charm.

Feel free to chime in and should there be a tiebreaker between Moe and I? Should we do Playoff picks?

Thanks, this has been fun.

To add to this, some of this luck. There are a lot games decided by 3 points or less. Gut feeling and eye test is a part of the process of picking. Sometimes you just need the ball to bounce your way.

• NFLfan pinned and featured this topic

A shared championship is good for future participation. I like that.

A separate playoff version seems to be universally liked and requested, from what I see. The only question is, whether we are going to weight the picks, the further along they get like NCAA March Madness brackets.

Like 1 point for correctly predicting a wild card game, 2 points for divisional round, 4 points for conference championship games and 8 points for SB, something like that. :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

A separate playoff version seems to be universally liked and requested, from what I see. The only question is, whether we are going to weight the picks, the further along they get like NCAA March Madness brackets.

Like 1 point for correctly predicting a wild card game, 2 points for divisional round, 4 points for conference championship games and 8 points for SB, something like that. :) 

I'm up for a playoff challenge, and will add to chad72 with another possible option.

With such a low number of games, maybe we assign value to each game? For example, your best bet is worth 30 points, 2nd best bet is 25 points, 3rd is 20, 4th is 15, 5th is 10, 6th is 5. 

So for week 1, I would have:

1. Cowboys over Packers (worth 30)

2. Bills over Steelers         (worth 25) etc down the line

3. Browns over Texans

4. Dolphins over Chiefs

5. Lions over Rams

6. Bucs over Eagles

Just a thought. I'm up for anything that adds interest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I am good with a shared Championship, so I agree. If we do Playoff picks, I am not sure how we would do that. We have never done that in here before. It has Always been just the Regular Season. Just wanted to get some thoughts on it. Problem with doing playoff picks, most people will probably agree on almost the same games and there are very little games. So more than likely we will let it be, just hate to see this end. 

It would definitely be a separate thing; our Regular Season standings will remain the same

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I am good with a shared Championship, so I agree. If we do Playoff picks, I am not sure how we would do that. We have never done that in here before. It has Always been just the Regular Season. Just wanted to get some thoughts on it. Problem with doing playoff picks, most people will probably agree on almost the same games and there are very little games. So more than likely we will let it be, just hate to see this end. 

It would definitely be a separate thing; our Regular Season standings will remain the same

Maybe add margin of victory to give bonus points?? 1-3, 4-6 etc.??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Maybe add margin of victory to give bonus points?? 1-3, 4-6 etc.??

Yeah, that would be entertaining. As you know, I have the Ravens winning it all and you do too. I would like to see what Moe thinks. Regarding Moe and I, it goes down in the books as a tie no matter what we decide, and I am happy about it. You are in 2nd by yourself which is great out of 10 people. Regular Season and Playoffs are different as we agree on that. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfanplease pin this. Regular Season is over, but some may want to chime in here.

Thanks.

Thanks for pinning this, if we do this next season, maybe even more people will do it. Everyone just has to remember if you miss a pick, unfortunately it is a loss. 

@2006Coltsbestever How does this look?

Wild-card weekend: Jan. 13, 14 and 15

NFC

(7) Green Bay Packers at (2) Dallas Cowboys

(6) Los Angeles Rams at (3) Detroit Lions

(5) Philadelphia Eagles at (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC

(5) Cleveland Browns at (4) Houston Texans

(6) Miami Dolphins at (3) Kansas City Chiefs

(7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Buffalo Bills

Scoring for right predictions : +1 for wild card round, +2 for divisional round, +4 for conference championship, +8 for Super Bowl - ALL predictions can be changed up to game time

Bonus scoring (points in parentheses): Predict range of margin of victory right - options are 1-3 (+2), 4-6 (+2), 7-10 (+2), 11-13 (+2), 14-20 (+1), 20+ (+1) - mainly because getting prediction right within the window of 3-4 points is harder than window of 7 points or more.

What do you think? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

How does this look?

Wild-card weekend: Jan. 13, 14 and 15

NFC

(7) Green Bay Packers at (2) Dallas Cowboys

(6) Los Angeles Rams at (3) Detroit Lions

(5) Philadelphia Eagles at (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC

(5) Cleveland Browns at (4) Houston Texans

(6) Miami Dolphins at (3) Kansas City Chiefs

(7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Buffalo Bills

Scoring for right predictions : +1 for wild card round, +2 for divisional round, +4 for conference championship, +8 for Super Bowl - ALL predictions can be changed up to game time

Bonus scoring: Predict range of margin of victory right - options are 1-3 (+2), 4-6 (+2), 7-10 (+2), 11-14 (+2), 14-20 (+1), 20+ (+1) - mainly because getting prediction right within the window of 3-4 points is harder than window of 7 points or more.

What do you think? 

Yeah, we can roll with that if everyone else is up for it. I am game. We will just treat this as a different thing compared to our Regular Season bit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, we can roll with that if everyone else is up for it. I am game. We will just treat this as a different thing compared to our Regular Season bit. 

Thanks. I can start a thread outlining the rules in the late afternoon. If you have time for it, please go ahead and start it as a Contest thread. :) Put your own spin on it. 

• Like 1

Something to shoot for next year. Here is my scale = winning %:

Hall of Fame = 65% or better

Great = 63.5-64.9%

Very Good = 62-63.4%

Good = 60.5-61.9%

Here was everyone's %:

2006 = 63.6% (great)

Moe = 63.6% (great)

Chad = 62.9% (very good)

Easy = 62.1% (very good)

Chrisaaron = 62.1% (very good)

w87r = 61.4% (good)

VikingsFan = 61.4% (good)

Coltsva = 57.7%

RollerColt = 57.7%

Solid84 = 60.8% in games he picked from Week 3-18, missed 1st 2 weeks. (Good)

I want to get that 65% winning %. That would be beyond impressive. Moe and I were great but not quite 65%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moe said:

This year I just rolled with my picks and didn’t change any, next season will be different.

I hate to tell you @Moe - changing picks isn't cracked up to be what it is. If I had stood pat, I would be champion since changing picks put my record at 3-6 with those changed picks. You did the right thing by standing pat.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

I hate to tell you @Moe - changing picks isn't cracked up to be what it is. If I had stood pat, I would be champion since changing picks put my record at 3-6 with those changed picks. You did the right thing by standing pat.

Had you kept your Raiders pick you would have beat Moe and I because you would have stuck with the Bills who won. I went back and looked and I was 4-5 when switching. I got cute last week and changed to the Cards, instead of just sticking with the Seahawks. Matt Prater missed 2 Fgs in the 4th Qtr that screwed me, the chances of that happening is slim. Otherwise I would have been 174-98 instead of 173-99. Luckily it really didn't cost me as I still tied for 1st but that could have cost me the Championship.

14 hours ago, Moe said:

This year I just rolled with my picks and didn’t change any, next season will be different.

Switching can also cost you. You went conservative but it paid off. You trusted your gut feeling all year, hard to do when you are battling for position with 3 or 4 other people. I only switched 9 times but was 4-5 when doing so. So I lost 1 game in the standings which almost was a disaster. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think I switched 2 picks all year. Not only did I lose the game. MY switched picks got Blown TH out hahaha 🤣

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I think I switched 2 picks all year. Not only did I lose the game. MY switched picks got Blown TH out hahaha 🤣

I only did it 9 times which is still pretty conservative as I trust my gut a lot, but it didn't pay off. I am damn lucky because I still finished 1st/tied for 1st. Chad was on fire that last week! Switching wrecked @EasyE, he had 4 switches in the last week and got all of them wrong, that is the reason why you caught him for a tie. @Moeand @chad72pretty much matched me the last half of the season, I could never get a big enough lead to feel safe. 

On 1/7/2024 at 11:59 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leaderboard overall standings through 18 weeks: 272 games played/picked

1. @2006Coltsbestever173-99

1. @Moe173-99

2. @chad72171-101 (2 games back)

3. @EasyE169-103 (4 games back) 

3. @Chrisaaron1023169-103 (4 games back)

4. @w87r167-105 (6 games back)

4. @VikingsFanInChennai167-105 (6 games back)

5. @RollerColt157-115 (16 games back)

5. @coltsva157-115 (16 games back)

Honorable Mention:

@Solid84146-94 (missed 1st 2 weeks = 0-32)146-126.

Congrats @2006Coltsbesteverand @Moedang good pickins guys. Congrats to everyone though. This is really fun to me and very less stressful. I loved it and going to miss it until next season. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Congrats @2006Coltsbesteverand @Moedang good pickins guys. Congrats to everyone though. This is really fun to me and very less stressful. I loved it and going to miss it until next season. 

Yeah, what makes this pure and fun is, there is no money involved. We all just want to win based on our football knowledge. I have been here since 2015 and this is the most fun I have ever had in here. I equate this too @chad72 being Marvin Hagler - had me scared at the end, @Moebeing Roberto Duran - tough as nails and always stayed the course, you as a like Tommy Hearns = just laying punching bombs at times and with great picking, and I felt like Sugar Ray Leonard just trying to hang on to the Title, which I barely did. All 4 of those boxers were pretty even, I compared you to Tommy because you like to take a lot of chances. I know I have a hell of imagination that is out there, but this stuff was fun. Hats off to @Chrisaaron1023as well, he has been doing these picks for years with me, he always has some great weeks. He killed last week by going 13-3!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, what makes this pure and fun is, there is no money involved. We all just want to win based on our football knowledge. I have been here since 2015 and this is the most fun I have ever had in here. I equate this too @chad72 being Marvin Hagler - had me scared at the end, @Moebeing Roberto Duran - tough as nails and always stayed the course, you as a like Tommy Hearns = just laying punching bombs at times and with great picking, and I felt like Sugar Ray Leonard just trying to hang on to the Title, which I barely did. All 4 of those boxers were pretty even, I compared you to Tommy because you like to take a lot of chances. I know I have a hell of imagination that is out there, but this stuff was fun. Hats off to @Chrisaaron1023as well, he has been doing these picks for years with me, he always has some great weeks. He killed last week by going 13-3!

Everyone was awesome and competitive. I loved it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was a crazy season. Each week was no guarantee picks lmao

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 10:51 AM, King Colt said:

The KC Mia. game will be broadcast exclusively on Peacock. Thank you NFL We all know you are going broke.

NFL or peacock? NFL isn't going broke. Lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EasyE said:

It was a crazy season. Each week was no guarantee picks lmao

You guys will have me on my toes next season, I will have my hands full, but I enjoy the competition. @Solid84picked 60.8% of his games right after he joined - he is a strong-minded person and I know he likes winning lol. @w87rwas coming on to and he knows his stuff! Who knows, we may even have more people do it next season. 

Money wise, I finished $450 ahead on the NFL front picking 2 games a week with a point spread, so I could not ask for anything more between our picks here and winning some cash outside of here. I just bet on 2 games a week = either $50 or $100 on the 2 games every week and I came out good. I had 2 college bets, I had $100 on Deion winning 6 games, I lost, but I put $100 on Michigan to beat Ohio St and gave up 3.5 points - I won because Michigan won 30-24. I broke even there. I don't do college much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys will have me on my toes next season, I will have my hands full, but I enjoy the competition. @Solid84picked 60.8% of his games right after he joined - he is a strong-minded person and I know he likes winning lol. @w87rwas coming on to and he knows his stuff! Who knows, we may even have more people do it next season. 

Money wise, I finished $450 ahead on the NFL front picking 2 games a week with a point spread, so I could not ask for anything more between our picks here and winning some cash outside of here. I just bet on 2 games a week = either $50 or $100 on the 2 games every week and I came out good. I had 2 college bets, I had $100 on Deion winning 6 games, I lost, but I put $100 on Michigan to beat Ohio St and gave up 3.5 points - I won because Michigan won 30-24. I broke even there. I don't do college much. 

I don't want you on your toes and hands full. Lol it's for fun. Make the picks from your gut and not a search. It's so much funnier not having to researching picks. Lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was giving up crazy picks also just to try and catch up to you. Next season I won't be so nice. Lmao JK 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I was giving up crazy picks also just to try and catch up to you. Next season I won't be so nice. Lmao JK 

Yeah, that is thing, if you are behind 4 or 5 games you have take chances to catch someone if you want to win. You tried bigtime that is for sure. Chad almost pulled it off chuckling homer simpson GIF.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, that is thing, if you are behind 4 or 5 games you have take chances to catch someone if you want to win. You tried bigtime that is for sure. Chad almost pulled it off chuckling homer simpson GIF.

I also made gut picks when I was in first place. I love it cause it was stress free fun. Lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

New season starts next week right? Haha

Dang we have to go awhile to start up again. I play money Cornhole tournaments. That's the only sport this old guy can play anymore.. Lmao 

• Like 1

Yeah, we are doing a Playoff picks thread too, I seen you got your picks in. Good luck. 

13 minutes ago, EasyE said:

New season starts next week right? Haha

Dang we have to go awhile to start up again. I play money Cornhole tournaments. That's the only sport this old guy can play anymore.. Lmao 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, we are doing a Playoff picks thread too, I seen you got your picks in. Good luck. 

I am playing. I think Superbowl will be Ravens and 49ers. 49ers are not going to be beat with a fully healthy staff. When that team is full healthy I don't see any other teams beating them. JMO 

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I felt like a * trying to figure how the format went. Grandpa drinking too much of Grandpa cough medicine. Lmao 

I think the Bucs will be a good sleeper winning the Superbowl. They got plenty of offensive weapons for sure. I don't think Mayfield can get it done. But heck he has the weapons. Lol