Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Gay the highest paid kicker in the NFL

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Adios amigo. We’re both stubborn. No one is going to win here. You play the hindsight and what-if game. I don’t.

Not hindsight if said it at the time which most here did but as all know I'm a big stats guy (among biggest here) and risk went against the numbers and didnt pay off. 

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Not hindsight if said it at the time which most here did but as all know I'm a big stats guy (among biggest here) and risk went against the numbers and didnt pay off. 

cool. What was Minshew’s stats- 3rd down conversions- red zone %? Just curious… you know the stats that actually make up the difference in the game and certainly did last night. Not the risk/reward of a fieldgoal try to take the lead. 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

cool. What was Minshew’s stats- 3rd down conversions- red zone %? Just curious… you know the stats that actually make up the difference in the game and certainly did last night. Not the risk/reward of a fieldgoal try to take the lead. 

Changing subject partly is fine.....Minshew was awful as I also said last night, in fact his misplaced easy throw cost us the first down late in the game making a routine catch into a very difficult one.. HOWEVER to say a missed fg as opposed to punt deep doesnt make a difference in a close game is an argument you would be all alone in making and for good reason, no logic to this reasoning.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Changing subject partly is fine.....Minshew was awful as I also said last night, in fact his misplaced easy throw cost us the first down late in the game making a routine catch into a very difficult one.. HOWEVER to say a missed fg as opposed to punt deep doesnt make a difference in a close game is an argument you would be all alone in making and for good reason, no logic to this reasoning.

its not changing subject. The subject is kicking a fieldgoal versus punting. You claim it didn’t make sense because risk/reward. I claim your numbers don’t factor in the poor scoring performance our offense was showing. We couldn’t convert 3rd downs. We couldn’t score in the redzone. Our qb was throwing over heads and out bounds, completely not seeing wide open receivers. We had made two field goals already and felt the points were needed versus cj stroud. Shane Steichen didn’t agree with your analysis on the risk/reward not being worth the attempt. Points were at a premium for our offense. If not for a solid defensive effort, we would have been smoked last night and not because we missed a 57 yard fg instead of punting. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

its not changing subject. The subject is kicking a fieldgoal versus punting. You claim it didn’t make sense because risk/reward. I claim your numbers don’t factor in the poor scoring performance our offense was showing. We couldn’t convert 3rd downs. We couldn’t score in the redzone. Our qb was throwing over heads and out bounds, completely not seeing wide open receivers. We had made two field goals already and felt the points were needed versus cj stroud. Shane Steichen didn’t agree with your analysis on the risk/reward not being worth the attempt. Points were at a premium for our offense. If not for a solid defensive effort, we would have been smoked last night and not because we missed a 57 yard fg instead of punting. 

If we had punted them deep we change field  position and probably get it back in great field position. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I never claimed we converted 3rd downs nor played good redzone ball However if scoring is at a premium it doesnt make take a low risk field goal and give opponent good field position in fact the opposite, dont give the short field make them go long instead. The risk didnt pay off so S.S. was wrong. Majority here felt as I did not worth it SO is hindsight ......

hindsight. / (ˈhaɪndˌsaɪt) / noun. the ability to understand, after something has happened, what should have been done or what caused the event.

It was said before the miss even took place, if was saying yes kick then after oh we should have punted then it becomes hindsight and if that occured and you had an issue you would the be 100% right in having issue, it did not though.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If we had punted them deep we change field  position and probably get it back in great field position. 

Most understand this thank you, some pushing a different agenda will not admit it though unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Thats still putting faith in stopping cj stroud, and then having your quarterback get you in scoring position again. They wanted the points, not the field position… clearly

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Thats still putting faith in stopping cj stroud, and then having your quarterback get you in scoring position again. They wanted the points, not the field position… clearly

So just give it to them at mid field. What planet does that make sense.  That was a very iffy FG.

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

if scoring is at a premium it doesnt make take a low risk field goal and give opponent good field position in fact the opposite, dont give the short field make them go long instead.

it makes sense to try and score when you get an opportunity that you don’t feel confident you are going to get too many times in the ballgame… I think it’s pretty obvious that was the case. Especially when the opposing qb was performing the way he was. 

points over field position when you can’t sustain a drive and get into scoring position in the first place… 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So just give it to them at mid field. What planet does that make sense.  That was a very iffy FG.

one where your quarterback cannot sustain a drive Chloe. That’s the world we lived in last night. 

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

it makes sense to try and score when you get an opportunity that you don’t feel confident you are going to get too many times in the ballgame… I think it’s pretty obvious that was the case. Especially when the opposing qb was performing the way he was. 

points over field position when you can’t sustain a drive and get into scoring position in the first place… 

one where your quarterback cannot sustain a drive Chloe. That’s the world we lived in last night. 

If your QB can’t sustain a drive and your field goal kicker has been hit or miss from that distance you pin them deep.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If your QB can’t sustain a drive and your field goal kicker has been hit or miss from that distance you pin them deep.

again- trusting gay over his offense to get in scoring position and possibly for the defense continue holding stroud regardless of field position. 

We are acting like it wasn’t inches and that he didn’t hit a 52 yarder in the game… it was a higher percentage chance of scoring than anything else we had last night aside from JT busting a touchdown run… which he did once.