Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 17 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

It is the next to last week of the 2023 regular season in the NFL. It starts tonight with the Jets at the Browns and ends on Sunday night with the Vikings hosting the Packers, each vying to keep their slim playoffs hopes alive.

Note: There is no Monday Night Football game this week.

Tonight

New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns

Saturday, Dec 30th

8:15 pm Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys

Sunday Dec 31st, New Year's Eve

1:00 pm Arizona Cardinals @  Philadelphia Eagles

1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons @ Chicago Bears

1:00 pm Carolina Panthers @ Jacksonville Jaguars

1:00 pm Las Vegas Raiders @ Indianapolis Colts

1:00 pm Los Angeles Rams @ New York Giants

1:00 pm Miami Dolphins @ Baltimore Ravens

1:00 pm New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills

1:00 pm New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers @ Washington Commanders

1:00 pm Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans

4:05 pm Pittsburgh Steelers @ Seattle Seahawks

4:25 pm Cincinnati Bengals Kansas City Chiefs

4:25 pm Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver Broncos

8:20 pm Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings

Enjoy the games!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big AFC Week 17 Games:

#2 Dolphins @ #1 Ravens

#10 Bengals @ #3 Chiefs

Panthers @ #4 Jaguars

#13 Jets @ @5 Browns 

#16 Patriots @ #6 Bills

#11 Raiders @ #7 Colts

#14 Titans @ #8 Texans

#9 Steelers @ #7(NFC) Seahawks

#15 Chargers @ #12 Broncos 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I meant when Rodger’s went down.

Gosh no. Siemian is one of the worst QBs I have seen play in the NFL. He played for the Vikings in a backup role. He is worse than Christian Ponder.

Curtis Painter may have been better than Siemian.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Gosh no. Siemian is one of the worst QBs I have seen play in the NFL. He played for the Vikings in a backup role. He is worse than Christian Ponder.

I agree. I’ve seen him play in person as well as for multiple teams. He’s not even a serviceable backup in my opinion. If his number is called to be starting, something has truly gone wrong for that teams season, which I mean yeah it’s the Jets… 

But seriously though, he’s one of the worst QBs I’ve seen play. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Joe Flacco has been so underrated his whole career. Not a great QB but good, a lot better than Trent Dilfer was.

I think he’s being overrated a bit this season because of how bad the QB play has generally been with so many inexperienced and low caliber backups… but yeah he’s definitely better than Trent ever was. 

But put the Browns in a cage match against the Bills and I’m taking the Bills with Josh Allen. 

What are your thoughts on the other games?

Did anyone see the story about the Packers suspending Jaire Alexander for the next game for conduct detrimental to the team?  What did he do wrong? He failed to say that the Packers, who won the coin toss to start the game, would be deferring to the second half.  He told the ref that the Packers would start the game on defense. I believe that because he did not say "defer", the Packers did not get the ball to start either half of the game last week.

It seems harsh to suspend him for that for an important upcoming game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I think he’s being overrated a bit this season because of how bad the QB play has generally been with so many inexperienced and low caliber backups… but yeah he’s definitely better than Trent ever was. 

But put the Browns in a cage match against the Bills and I’m taking the Bills with Josh Allen. 

Bills are off their game.  It's a toss up to me.  Home field determines the winner.

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

I think that game would be 50/50. Flacco is a winner. I think Allen is a better QB but he has his moments where he has some bad turnovers in the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did anyone see the story about the Packers suspending Jaire Alexander for the next game for conduct detrimental to the team. What did he do wrong? He failed to say that the Packers, who won the coin toss to start the game, would be deferring to the second half He told the ref that the Packers would start the game on defense. Because he did not say "defer", I believe the Packers did not get the ball to start either half of the game last week.

It seems harsh to suspend him for an important upcoming game.

Colts and Vikings both will win for starters, let me pause for station identification and let me think about my other locks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did anyone see the story about the Packers suspending Jaire Alexander for the next game for conduct detrimental to the team?  What did he do wrong? He failed to say that the Packers, who won the coin toss to start the game, would be deferring to the second half.  He told the ref that the Packers would start the game on defense. I believe that because he did not say "defer", the Packers did not get the ball to start either half of the game last week.

It seems harsh to suspend him for that for an important upcoming game.

He was not a captain and wasn’t supposed to be out there.

• Thanks 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-suspend-jaire-alexander-after-he-nearly-mixed-up-coin-toss-182028007.html

Alexander will miss Sunday's game against the Vikings.

The Green Bay Packers have placed cornerback Jaire Alexander on the reserve/suspended list for "conduct detrimental to the team" regarding his participation in Sunday's pregame coin toss before their 33-30 win over the Carolina Panthers.

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PainCu00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SiemTr00.htm

In what world is Painter even close to Trevor ? Certainly not this version of Earth maybe an alternate reality...lol...

• Thanks 1

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PainCu00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SiemTr00.htm

In what world is Painter even close to Trevor ? Certainly not this version of Erath maybe an alternate reality...lol...

Lol. Maybe I exaggerated (about his being worse than Painter), but I stand by my comment that Siemian is one of the worst I have seen play in the NFL.