Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

São Paulo to Host 2024 Game

RollerColt

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/sao-paulo-brazil-to-host-regular-season-game-during-2024-nfl-season

Pretty cool for the Brazilians to get to see a live game. 

I love it. One of my closest friends is Brazilian. I would love to go to Brazil for that game, but I have a few trips next year, including a nephew's college graduation out of state and my youngest cousin's wedding in another part of South America. (I don't know why they chose to marry there because older relatives will not be able to go.) The NFL in Brazil should be fun.

@DiogoSales What do you think of NFL football in Sao Paulo?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

That's cool. If the Football fans in Brazil are only half as enthusiastic as they are regarding soccer, the atmosphere will be incredible and unique!

For them, it is football, so tell them it is football but the American Gringo version, they will understand. :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I love it. One of my closest friends is Brazilian. I would love to go to Brazil for that game, but I have a few trips next year, including a nephew's college graduation out of state and my youngest cousin's wedding in another part of South America. (I don't know why they chose to marry there because older relatives will not be able to go.) The NFL in Brazil should be fun.

@DiogoSales What do you think of NFL football in Sao Paulo?

Lets goooooooooo!!!

I'm going for sure! The audience of NFL in Brazil is getting bigger and bigger, this will be a expensive ticket, but it's a great signal for us in terms of football popularity. 

NBA already have a big audience here, we do a NBA House on the plaoffs in São Paulo that is a pretty big event and is sold out every year. NFL should be able to profit here, love it!

Ps: We have better stadiums that this one chosen, I don't know whats behind it, but anyway, will not take anything away from it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

Finally!!

Still a thousand kilometers away but at least it is in my country.

Exactly. We call it AMERICAN Football...heheh

I used to wonder if you were from Brasil or from Brazil, IN (Clay County). So, you are from Brasil.

I have to tell my friend that the NFL is going to Brasil. Her husband is a huge fan of the NFL. But they are from Rio. My friend is a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles haha.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I used to wonder if you were from Brasil or from Brazil, IN (Clay County). So, you are from Brasil.

I have to tell my friend that the NFL is going to Brasil. Her husband is a huge fan of the NFL. But they are from Rio. My friend is a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles haha.

welp I do have my avatar carrying a Big ol' Brazilian flag...
Had no idea that you guys had a Brazil in USA.

27 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Lets goooooooooo!!!

I'm going for sure! The audience of NFL in Brazil is getting bigger and bigger, this will be a expensive ticket, but it's a great signal for us in terms of football popularity. 

NBA already have a big audience here, we do a NBA House on the plaoffs in São Paulo that is a pretty big event and is sold out every year. NFL should be able to profit here, love it!

Ps: We have better stadiums that this one chosen, I don't know whats behind it, but anyway, will not take anything away from it.

Yeah it'd be nice if they had choosen one of the better stadiums. Like Maracanã, Beira Rio. But they played Wolrd Cup games at the Corinthians Arena so for an NFL game it should be more than fine. Truth is we have a lot of good Stadiums around.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

welp I do have my avatar carrying a Big ol' Brazilian flag...
Had no idea that you guys had a Brazil in USA.

I know. You actually told me about 6 or so years ago that you were from Brazil and I had forgotten. I'm not from Indiana, but I noticed that there was a city named Brazil in Indiana and wondered if you were from there. :)  There is also a city in Indiana called Peru.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2023 at 2:06 PM, DiogoSales said:

On 12/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, The Brazilian Ninja said:

Finally!!

Still a thousand kilometers away but at least it is in my country.

The NFL announced that the game is being played on Friday of Opening Week this year. The Eagles will be the home team. The opponent has not been named.

In his annual news conference at Super Bowl LVIII Monday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced that the Philadelphia Eagles will be the host team in the game played in Brazil in 2024. The matchup will be played on Friday of opening weekend in the 2024 season. The Eagles’ opponent will be revealed closer to the NFL’s 2024 schedule release in the spring. It is Philadelphia’s first international game since 2018.

The first game of the 2024 season will take place on a Thursday, so the Brazil game will be the second game of the year.

https://theathletic.com/5253391/2024/02/05/roger-goodell-super-bowl-brazil-game?source=user-shared-article

• Like 3

• 2 months later...