Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Weekly NFL pick'em games: Week 15

2006Coltsbestever

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Al Michaels has had some doozies this year. In the back of his head, he has to be thinking, I could be at home drinking a Scotch with my family half asleep in my recliner instead of this garbage haha 

Well I guess that’s what he’ll be doing during the playoffs since NBC fired him. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Curse my stupid brain. I even mentioned in the previous week I was officially swearing off the friggin’ Chargers. I knew this was going to happen.

I quit picking the Chargers for the most part since around early October because they kept burning me. I had to pick them over the Pats and they barley won that one lmao .

• Like 1

Thursday night

Chargers at Raiders

Saturday

Vikings at Bengals

Steelers at Colts

Broncos at Lions

Sunday

Bears at Browns

Bucs at Packers

Texans at Titans

Jets at Dolphins

Chiefs at Pats

Giants at Saints

Falcons at Panthers

Commanders at Rams

49ers at Cards

Cowboys at Bills

Ravens at Jags

Monday night

Eagles at Seahawks

Can’t believe I forgot to do my picks. AGAIN. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Thursday night

Chargers at Raiders

Saturday

Vikings at Bengals

Steelers at Colts

Broncos at Lions

Sunday

Bears at Browns

Bucs at Packers

Texans at Titans

Jets at Dolphins

Chiefs at Pats

Giants at Saints

Falcons at Panthers

Commanders at Rams

49ers at Cards

Cowboys at Bills

Ravens at Jags

Monday night

Eagles at Seahawks

I too missed my pick once for TNF, so if I end up in 7th place by 1 point, I will consider it as 6th place finish

Go Me Success GIF by Susanne Lamb

5 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Thursday night

Chargers at Raiders

Saturday

Vikings at Bengals

Steelers at Colts

Broncos at Lions

Sunday

Bears at Browns

Bucs at Packers

Texans at Titans

Jets at Dolphins

Chiefs at Pats

Giants at Saints

Falcons at Panthers

Commanders at Rams

49ers at Cards

Cowboys at Bills

Ravens at Jags

Monday night

Eagles at Seahawks

No worries, for the picks you have made, you have picked pretty good. It is just fun doing them, brings something different to the site. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No worries, for the picks you have made, you have picked pretty good. It is just fun doing them, brings something different to the site. 

Yeah, this is taking a lot more time than I thought. Ending up just like fantasy football, keeping track of injuries etc. That is why I stopped doing FF, because it was taking time away from what I want to do.

Probably just going to enjoy the games next year and not do this. But as long as I am doing it, I will put my best foot forward. :) 

Only a few more weeks to go.

• Like 2

Just now, chad72 said:

Yeah, this is taking a lot more time than I thought. Ending up just like fantasy football, keeping track of injuries etc. That is why I stopped doing FF, because it was taking time away from what I want to do.

Probably just going to enjoy the games next year and not do this. But as long as I am doing it, I will put my best foot forward. :) 

Only a few more weeks to go.

Just see how you feel. You have picked outstanding and even though it is in fun, I love the competition and the suspense of seeing who might win this. You and EasyE both have had me on my toes for a month now chuckling homer simpson GIF. The strategies, and the switching, and keeping up with injuries is fun to me but this is only thing I have going on football wise. I am not doing Fantasy or anything like that. In the past we have only done Regular Season and whoever wins that, wins. We can do a Playoff picks thread as well if you guys want to do it. It would be separate from our Regular Season stuff but would be a nice little thing to win. Less games and easier to pick but still a nice accomplishment winning that IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just see how you feel. You have picked outstanding and even though it is in fun, I love the competition and the suspense of seeing who might win this. You and EasyE both have had me on my toes for a month now chuckling homer simpson GIF. The strategies, and the switching, and keeping up with injuries is fun to me but this is only thing I have going on football wise. I am not doing Fantasy or anything like that. In the past we have only done Regular Season and whoever wins that, wins. We can do a Playoff picks thread as well if you guys want to do it. It would be separate from our Regular Season stuff but would be a nice little thing to win. Less games and easier to pick but still a nice accomplishment winning that IMO. 

It will be fun going 0-4 in a week :funny:

12 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It will be fun going 0-4 in a week :funny:

Yeah, we can do a playoff weekly pick'em thread when the playoffs start. Everyone would be 0-0 at that point. So that gives someone a chance to win something that doesn't win our main 18 weekly picks. We can discuss it more later, that is still a month away. 

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@2006Coltsbestever

I am swapping 2 picks.

While I don’t believe the Steelers will win, to make up 1 game vs @EasyE and you, I’m going with the Steelers to win against the Colts.

Also, Broncos’ D has had some key injuries, so I’m taking the Lions to win a close one.

Noted. It's strange because a lot of my strategy comes from ESPN and Caesar Sports. Colts are favored by 1.5 but yet on the ESPN predictor they have the Steelers at a 56% chance of winning to our 44%. I just don't see us losing this game unless we turn the ball over 2 or 3 times. Their offense is bad. If we score more than 21 points, I think they are a toast. They do tend to get lucky in a lot of close games and get weird breaks at times. I will be looking close at the REFS today too. The REFS seem like they favor the Steelers in big games. This is a big game IMO because I think the winner of this will make the playoffs and the loser will miss. 

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Noted. It's strange because a lot of my strategy comes from ESPN and Caesar Sports. Colts are favored by 1.5 but yet on the ESPN predictor they have the Steelers at a 56% chance of winning to our 44%. I just don't see us losing this game unless we turn the ball over 2 or 3 times. Their offense is bad. If we score more than 21 points, I think they are a toast. They do tend to get lucky in a lot of close games and get weird breaks at times. I will be looking close at the REFS today too. The REFS seem like they favor the Steelers in big games. This is a big game IMO because I think the winner of this will make the playoffs and the loser will miss. 

I would probably say 30% of my strategy comes from ESPN, 40% from Caesars Sports - I trust Vegas, but 30% of it comes from eye test/gut feeling which is why statistics aren't everything. Sometimes even if a team isn't favored, I have a good eye and can still pick them to win. That just comes from watching for 47 years I guess.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just playing the game :) 

Good luck!!! I’ll be disappointed big time if the refs play a part but nothing will surprise me at this point.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am 4-0 so far. I still wished the Vikings would have won. Sometimes you have to pick with your brain not your heart.

…and still, it doesn’t work at times. The ones on the field play with heart and when the talent gap isn’t huge, it’s hard to predict. Good job on 4-0 so far. You and @vikingsfaninchennai too

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'm changing my pick

Jets 23 vs Dolphins 20

This does have upset written all over it and Hill is out + Rodgers is talking about playing next week - sounds fishy haha . Having said that, I am sticking with Miami. I already told myself I was going to switch this week, so far, I am 4-0 heading into today.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

…and still, it doesn’t work at times. The ones on the field play with heart and when the talent gap isn’t huge, it’s hard to predict. Good job on 4-0 so far. You and @vikingsfaninchennai too

Oh, I admit as much as I talk about knowing football, in reality everybody in here picking know a lot too. You have to be lucky too when picking. Having knowledge is one thing but when LadyLuck is on your side that helps bigtime. 

Week 15 picks:

Chargers 14 @ Raiders 16

Vikings 17 @ Bengals 20

Steelers 18 @ Colts 22

Broncos 26 @ Lions 31

Bears 17 @ Browns 23

Bucs 24 @ Packers 26

Texans 15 @ Titans 17

Jets 16 @ Dolphins 27

Chiefs 23 @ Patriots 11

Giants 19 @ Saints 16

Falcons 27 @ Panthers 15