Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 11 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

Just now, chad72 said:

Ravens can still win without Mark Andrews but OBJ who came out banged up needs to be healthy 

I’ll be cheering hard for the Chiefs if they end up facing the Ravens in the AFC Championship. Didn’t sit well with me when they started cheering for Burrow being hurt. I never wished injury on anyone, not even Brady. 

On 11/17/2023 at 9:10 AM, RollerColt said:

I knew this was coming... That'll be another kick to the groin. 

I don't know what the issue was before coming into the game.

All I know is , Burrow had a 100+ rating while completing 65% of his passes, to throwing the ball backwards while trying to throw on sideline.

Did he have an issue before? Perhaps, but what happened in the game is the reason he couldn't throw anymore.

I just don't like the team singling out an instance when clearly most teams seem to not go 100% on injury reporting rules.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I never wished injury on anyone, not even Brady. 

Lol

I wish I could say that, I've been pulling for a, in Steichen terms, a "lil"ankle from a few players so I could improve my fantasy RB position.

Lol, nothing serious just need a good 2-3 week run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I don't know what the issue was before coming into the game.

All I know is , Burrow had a 100+ rating while completing 65% of his passes, to throwing the ball backwards while trying to throw on sideline.

Did he have an issue before? Perhaps, but what happened in the game is the reason he couldn't throw anymore.

I just don't like the team singling out an instance when clearly most teams seem to not go 100% on injury reporting rules.

I’m just wondering where all these betting whiners were when Brady and the Patriots were withholding injury information… oh wait they only cry and complain when they lose money… 

Maybe they should just not throw their money into something that has a high risk of failing?

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lol

I wish I could say that, I've been pulling for a, in Steichen terms, a "lil"ankle from a few players so I could improve my fantasy RB position.

Lol, nothing serious just need a good 2-3 week run.

I never wish injury on anyone either, but I do look at it like this, the other fanbases weren't crying when AR went down, or when Luck went down in 2017 or retired. It is what it is. I do like Joe Burrow, his injury sucks but that is football. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel bad for guys like @RollerColtbecause with Burrow being at 100%, the Bengals were like a top 5 in the league IMO. You only get so many chances to win a SB. He is young though and will be back.

Teams like the Chiefs are very rare. I’m trying to stay positive, but historically teams that lose the Super Bowl don’t return for a long time. And it’s usually a different regime. 

We had Manning, one of the greatest of all time, and only made it twice winning once… 

At one point the Seahawks with Russ looked like they were starting a new dynasty only for it to crumble. 

Matt Ryan and the Falcons blew their only chance… 

It goes on and on… 

I just have to hope that eventually before I die I’ll see my two teams win it all. Hope is all we have. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Teams like the Chiefs are very rare. I’m trying to stay positive, but historically teams that lose the Super Bowl don’t return for a long time. And it’s usually a different regime. 

We had Manning, one of the greatest of all time, and only made it twice winning once… 

At one point the Seahawks with Russ looked like they were starting a new dynasty only for it to crumble. 

Matt Ryan and the Falcons blew their only chance… 

It goes on and on… 

I just have to hope that eventually before I die I’ll see my two teams win it all. Hope is all we have. 

Joe Burrow is still young luckily and as long as he and Chase stay with Cincy and are healthy entering any playoff run, they have a shot. Matt Ryan has to be tore up inside losing the way the Falcons lost in 2016. If I was in his shoes, I would be thinking about that almost every day. It would eat me alive. Most great QB's at least should win 1 SB, that completes a resume along with the huge stats, etc.. Ryan was so close he could taste it. 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:20 AM, RollerColt said:

I’ll be cheering hard for the Chiefs if they end up facing the Ravens in the AFC Championship. Didn’t sit well with me when they started cheering for Burrow being hurt. I never wished injury on anyone, not even Brady. 

One thing I will admit is that the Chiefs don’t play dirty. The Ravens, during their SB run in 2012, went a lot of head hunting versus Patriots too when they took out RB Ridley out of the game with a helmet to helmet shot by that safety Pollard.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

One thing I will admit is that the Chiefs don’t play dirty. The Ravens, during their SB run in 2012, went a lot of head hunting versus Patriots too when they took out RB Ridley out of the game with a helmet to helmet shot by that safety Pollard.

They’ve always been a dirty team in my opinion. 

On 11/18/2023 at 12:31 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Joe Burrow is still young luckily and as long as he and Chase stay with Cincy and are healthy entering any playoff run, they have a shot. Matt Ryan has to be tore up inside losing the way the Falcons lost in 2016. If I was in his shoes, I would be thinking about that almost every day. It would eat me alive. Most great QB's at least should win 1 SB, that completes a resume along with the huge stats, etc.. Ryan was so close he could taste it. 

Starting slow year after year eventually caught up with Burrow and the Bengals this year. It was always the reason Brady and Peyton got high seeds in the playoffs, generally won 6 out of their first 8 games consistently to start their first half. Easier said than done.

If it were the Colts, I’d rather be like the Bengals. Get a Top 10 pick for 2 of the 4 years Burrow is a QB (probably headed there in 2023), and make 2 AFCCG with 1 SB appearance :) . I’ll take the highs with the lows like that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Starting slow year after year eventually caught up with Burrow and the Bengals this year. It was always the reason Brady and Peyton got high seeds in the playoffs, generally won 6 out of their first 8 games consistently to start their first half. Easier said than done.

If it were the Colts, I’d rather be like the Bengals. Get a Top 10 pick for 2 of the 4 years Burrow is a QB (probably headed there in 2023), and make 2 AFCCG with 1 SB appearance :) . I’ll take the highs with the lows like that.

I loved the Peyton days because by Thanksgiving, the division was usually clinch haha . We were always around 9-2, 10-1 or even 11-0 by then.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I loved the Peyton days because by Thanksgiving, the division was usually clinch haha . We were always around 9-2, 10-1 or even 11-0 by then.

I was listening to Dungy speak at this last Tuesday at The Indiana Chamber of Commerce Awards show. I was at a table thanks to my company offering tickets.

He talked about Peyton’s habits as to how he has the time to check on the weather forecast while going through 4-5 years of film on the Bears’ DC tendencies and defender tendencies while preparing for the SB. He then came back to Dungy and insisted on the wet bucket drill with Saturday.

Dungy said it hadn’t ever rained all game for a SB in 40 years but Peyton’s preparation enabled them to be ready.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Dang Texans up 14-10. There is nothing stopping CJ lol.

Levis struggling today.

1 game doesn’t make Levis a world beater. Titans better surround him with an OL and WRs, otherwise he’s ending up like David Carr.

• Like 2