Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Weekly Pick'em Games: Week 11

EasyE

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Everything going your way @2006Coltsbestever this is your week to shine. Good job!! Same with @EasyE :) 

Thanks, but to be honest I was lucky because the outcomes of both of those games could have easily gone the other way. It wouldn't shock me at all if next week you bounce back. A lot of this is luck. The Rams still might come through for you, if so, 1 game would only separate us.  

Updated standings going into Sunday night's game,

Week 11

@2006Coltsbestever105-57

@EasyE105-57

@chad72104-58 (1 back)

@Moe99-63 (6 back)

@Chrisaaron102399-63 (6 back)

@w87r98-64 (7 back)

@VikingsFanInChennai95-67 (10 back)

@RollerColt92-70 (13 back)

@coltsva92-70 (13 back)

Honorable Mention: @Solid8481-49

2 games to go, the Sunday night and Monday night games. I know Easy, Chad, and myself all took the Broncos and Chiefs. This all looks accurate and will save everyone else time trying to go back over everything.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Vikings win, that’d be 3 games in a row I’d have Dobbs give me a loss. Almost chose them at the beginning of the week, lol :) 

Yeah, I thought you had them at first, but you thought the game was at Minnesota if I remember right so you went Broncos. It would help the Colts out if the Vikings won.

A lot of times in picking these games it is more luck than just being smart. Of course, some of it is being good at it but you also have to be lucky. Going into today, I thought if I was to win a game we disagreed on, it would have been the Seahawks game. lmao , and that is the 1 I lost. Crazy stuff!

I wasn't going to let Herbert burn me again though no matter what haha . He has done it to me in the past a few times.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I thought you had them at first, but you thought the game was at Minnesota if I remember right so you went Broncos. It would help the Colts out if the Vikings won.

A lot of times in picking these games it is more luck than just being smart. Of course, some of it is being good at it but you also have to be lucky. Going into today, I thought if I was to win a game we disagreed on, it would have been the Seahawks game. lmao , and that is the 1 I lost. Crazy stuff!

I wasn't going to let Herbert burn me again though no matter what haha . He has done it to me in the past a few times.

Yeah he took a bad sack, fumbled a snap plus his WRs did have bad drops. Staley has 9 lives but Herbert and his team don’t play great situational football 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Week 11

@2006Coltsbestever105-57

@EasyE105-57

@chad72104-58 (1 back)

@Moe99-63 (6 back)

@w87r98-64 (7 back)

@coltsva92-70 (13 back)

2 games to go, the Sunday night and Monday night games. I know Easy, Chad, and myself all took the Broncos and Chiefs. This all looks accurate and will save everyone else time trying to go back over everything.  

I think I’m 93-69, going 9-3 this far this week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Week 11

@2006Coltsbestever105-57

@EasyE105-57

@chad72104-58 (1 back)

@Moe99-63 (6 back)

@w87r98-64 (7 back)

@coltsva92-70 (13 back)

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Week 11

@2006Coltsbestever105-57

@EasyE105-57

@chad72104-58 (1 back)

@Moe99-63 (6 back)

@w87r98-64 (7 back)

@coltsva92-70 (13 back)

@coltsvais 93-69. Now and then I may not be 100% accurate. If so let me know. Thanks.

As I skimmed back through, I didn't realize everyone had the Vikings except for Easy, Chad, and myself. 1 game left = Eagles at Chiefs, Monday Night Football.

Anyway, the updated standings through Week 11 so far are:

1. @2006Coltsbestever106-57 = I have Chiefs

1. @EasyE106-57 = Chiefs

2. @chad72105-58 (1 back) = Chiefs

3. @Chrisaaron102399-64 (7 back) = Eagles

3. @Moe99-64 (7 back) = Eagles

4. @w87r98-65 (8 back) = Chiefs

5. @VikingsFanInChennai95-68 (11 back) = Chiefs

6. @coltsva93-70 (13 back) = Eagles

7. @RollerColt92-71 (14 back) = Eagles

@Solid8481-50, as an Honorable Mention. Missed 1st 2 weeks of picking. = Chiefs.

This upcoming week, we have 3 Thursday games and 1 Friday game as a reminder. Good luck everyone, several people are bunched up and picking well. 

This looks accurate, any discrepancies let me know. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted November 12

On 11/12/2023 at 8:25 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I tried to talk @Chrisaaron1023out of taking the Patriots with a Homer Gif even. It didn't work lol.

Lol you did. But titans forever screw me. And I'll pick vikings next week so they'll definitely lose

Crystal Ball GIF by Fall Out Boy

Thanks Vikings... picks them to lose two weeks in a row and they randomly win. Finally jumps on the bandwagon.. and what do you know...

6 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Thanks Vikings... picks them to lose two weeks in a row and they randomly win. Finally jumps on the bandwagon.. and what do you know...

What unsettled me going all in on Dobbs was that second half vs Saints where he cooled down. Dennis Allen slowed him down. Vance Joseph of Broncos might not make a great HC but I’m sure he saw the same thing as a DC. So home court is why I went with Broncos, to be honest. Helps the D mostly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I was so close to picking the Chargers yesterday. I kept dwelling on it up until gametime. Then I was like, Herbert isn't screwing me this week. I got away with one but barely. Every time I take the Chargers I lose unless they play a crap team, I have won with them once, when they beat the Jets. 

I want to know how lucky one can get.. I’m 8-2 in my league, soon to be 8-3. I scored 125.6 points this weekend with one guy, a kicker left to play. I matched up against a 1-9 team. His score currently blows my mind. 193.3 with two guys remaining tonight. Nearly all his starters have 20 or more points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I want to know how lucky one can get.. I’m 8-2 in my league, soon to be 8-3. I scored 125.6 points this weekend with one guy, a kicker left to play. I matched up against a 1-9 team. His score currently blows my mind. 193.3 with two guys remaining tonight. Nearly all his starters have 20 or more points.

You should have joined our weekly picks from the beginning because you are on here a lot. They are fun and competitive. We have 9 people that have picked every week + another that has since Week 3. I am really impressed with the way @EasyEand @chad72is picking but not only that, the others are picking good. I love the knowledge in here but picking is a lot of luck too. I have had some games where I have lost on missed FG's and the opposing team making FG's. Then I have won games, I had no business winning by the skin of my teeth by a FG or less. I am just happy I was able to get 9 people to do it every week, that is a pretty nice sample size and the more, the merry.

Rules are pretty simple but if you miss a week you are screwed because a missed pick is a loss, that is why if you miss 1 week you are 0-16 for that week in a full week. That messes up your W/L % and puts you out of trying to win. Maybe next year, you will join?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should have joined our weekly picks from the beginning because you are on here a lot. They are fun and competitive. We have 9 people that have picked every week + another that has since Week 3. I am really impressed with the way @EasyEand @chad72is picking but not only that, the others are picking good. I love the knowledge in here but picking is a lot of luck too. I have had some games where I have lost on missed FG's and the opposing team making FG's. Then I have won games, I had no business winning by the skin of my teeth by a FG or less. I am just happy I was able to get 9 people to do it every week, that is a pretty nice sample size and the more, the merry.

Rules are pretty simple but if you miss a week you are screwed because a missed pick is a loss, that is why if you miss 1 week you are 0-16 for that week in a full week. That messes up your W/L % and puts you out of trying to win. Maybe next year, you will join?

Tag me next year and we’ll see. 

• Like 4

On 11/19/2023 at 11:02 PM, chad72 said:

So you’re doing reverse psychology on Steelers and Chiefs???  :) 

If Goedert was healthy and both teams didn’t have a bye week, I would have chosen the Eagles, to be honest 

And, on cue, Steelers played their worst game of the year :D 

Can't believe Chargers are even worse... lol, hope they don't reach playoffs. Get better coach and come back next year. 

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

Those last place finishers playing spoil sport on play-off seedings :headspin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Can't believe Chargers are even worse... lol, hope they don't reach playoffs. Get better coach and come back next year. 

OK, I might take a chance on the Eagles tonight then, let me think about it.

Alright @2006Coltsbestever @EasyE @VikingsFanInChennai here it goes.

The last time the Chiefs won a SB, and had a SB rematch vs Vikings in the regular season, they lost. The last time they ran into teams that were 6-0 (2012 Falcons) and 8-1 (2013 record setting Broncos) after the bye week, they lost and those teams went on to get the #1 seed in their conferences. However, betting against Andy Reid after a bye week is a very very hard thing to do, I understand that. The last time Taylor Swift missed a Chiefs game (2nd Broncos game), they lost (Kelce and Swift weren't dating during the first Lions game they lost) and because her Brazil Eras tour is postponed by a day, she can't make it today :). I do think the Eagles are a better team, talent wise, and if not for the 14 points gained with a defensive TD and special teams return by Toney, the Eagles definitely win it, odds of TOP control happening is still high but the odds of those defensive TD and special teams return happening again is low, IMO. The only equalizer is Patrick Mahomes, always the X factor. I don't think Nick Sirianni is dumb like Mike McDaniels to come out passing like the Dolphins did. With Nick Bolton on IR and Goedert missing games, going run happy is the way to beat the Chiefs and the Eagles have the best OL and run game to test the Chiefs' weaker run D vs going against their vaunted pass D. The only Swift on the field will be DeAndre Swift, who came from the Lions ironically that beat the Chiefs.

I know I am 2nd in the standings and I either go behind by 2 games, or take the risk to be tied for 1st place. So, this big elaborate explanation to say "what the heck, I am changing my pick and going with the Eagles tonight".

Let me say it again, I am picking the Eagles to upset the Chiefs tonight. This is my final answer. If I fall flat on my face (it can definitely happen), so be it, it is just 1 game. LOL 😃

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

The last time the Chiefs won a SB, and had a SB rematch vs Vikings in the regular season, they lost. The last time they ran into teams that were 6-0 (2012 Falcons) and 8-1 (2013 record setting Broncos) after the bye week, they lost and those teams went on to get the #1 seed in their conferences. However, betting against Andy Reid after a bye week is a very very hard thing to do, I understand that. The last time Taylor Swift missed a Chiefs game (2nd Broncos game), they lost (Kelce and Swift weren't dating during the first Lions game they lost) and because her Brazil Eras tour is postponed by a day, she can't make it today :). I do think the Eagles are a better team, talent wise, and if not for the 14 points gained with a defensive TD and special teams return by Toney, the Eagles definitely win it, odds of TOP control happening is still high but the odds of those defensive TD and special teams return happening again is low, IMO. The only equalizer is Patrick Mahomes, always the X factor. I don't think Nick Sirianni is dumb like Mike McDaniels to come out passing like the Dolphins did. With Nick Bolton on IR and Goedert missing games, going run happy is the way to beat the Chiefs and the Eagles have the best OL and run game to test the Chiefs' weaker run D vs going against their vaunted pass D. The only Swift on the field will be DeAndre Swift, who came from the Lions ironically that beat the Chiefs.

I know I am 2nd in the standings and I either go behind by 2 games, or take the risk to be tied for 1st place. So, this big elaborate explanation to say "what the heck, I am changing my pick and going with the Eagles tonight".

Let me say it again, I am picking the Eagles to upset the Chiefs tonight. This is my final answer. If I fall flat on my face (it can definitely happen), so be it, it is just 1 game. LOL 😃

didnt read family guy GIF

It's funny how Taylor Swift comes into the picture in our game predictions :D

On 11/16/2023 at 11:25 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After tonight, there is a 3-way for 1st place out of us 9 picking. @chad72is now 96-55, @EasyE96-55, and @2006Coltsbestever96-55. I am getting my mojo back a little now. Denver Broncos Football GIF by NBC Sports Washington. Easy and I agree on every game on Sunday and Monday's game. Chad went 3 different on Sunday with Chargers over Packers, Steelers over Browns, and Rams over Seahawks. As of now we went Broncos over Vikings. Monday we went Chiefs over Eagles. 

The 3 picks on Sunday that are different from Chad's, I don't feel strong about. Those are crapshoot games. 

COPYCAT!!! Lmao Just kidding bud!! Don't get mad haha. This is all for fun and not like we playing for money or anything of value...lmao

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

This analysis must have been deep

deep GIF

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I don't know about Steelers worse game of the year. Steelers can't score points. 10 against Jags and 6 against Texans 7 against 49ers. Steelers are hurting on offense period!! lol