Cowboys over Panthers

Niners over Bucs

Seahawks over Rams

Bills over Jets

Broncos over Vikings

Chiefs over Eagles

My pick for TNF

Bengals 22 @ Ravens 20

Bengals offense is good in 4th quarter, and Ravens keep collapsing in 4th quarter when the opposition asks them to score and win. Bengals defense also seems to make a stop when needed more often than Ravens, in those situations. 

Only problem is, if @RollerColt and I pick a team, more often it's not good for them haha

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

My pick for TNF

Bengals 22 @ Ravens 20

Bengals offense is good in 4th quarter, and Ravens keep collapsing in 4th quarter when the opposition asks them to score and win. Bengals defense also seems to make a stop when needed more often than Ravens, in those situations. 

Only problem is, if @RollerColt and I pick a team, more often it's not good for them haha

Bengals are desperate is my reasoning. They really can’t afford to get swept by Baltimore. Losing tonight is a death knell for their playoff hopes. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Living in a land called Indiana: check

Living in a region that has a bengal as a mascot: check.

Holy heck, you’re on to something LOL!

Border of Bengal and Bangladesh are where Sunderban Mongrove forest is, the largest tiger habitat (Bengal Tigers). Hence, the Bengals and the tiger stripes, I guess 

Amazon Cincinnati GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Cincinnati Bengals Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Border of Bengal and Bangladesh are where Sunderban Mongrove forest is, the largest tiger habitat (Bengal Tigers). Hence, the Bengals and the tiger stripes, I guess 

They are majestic animals, if you ever get to see one. I have seen them only once in my life.

https://www.earthday.org/the-royal-bengal-tiger/

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Home to one of my favorite ecosystems: the Ganges River Delta. Oh I miss teaching geography…

• Like 2

Bengals vs. Ravens

Cowboys vs. Panthers

Steelers vs. Browns 

Bears vs. Lions 

Chargers vs. Packers 

Cardinals vs. Texans 

Titans vs. Jaguars 

Raiders vs. Dolphins 

Giants vs. Commanders 

Buccaneers vs. 49ers 

Jets vs. Bills

Seahawks vs. Rams 

Vikings vs. Broncos

Eagles vs. Chiefs 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

You still teach, if I'm not mistaken? 

Yep. I teach world history exclusively now. For years I taught Eastern Hemisphere geography. Loved it, but my new school currently doesn’t offer it. 

Oh no… Jackson is hurt… and Mark Andrews is out… 

29 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Thanks! I love studying our precious planet and the people who inhabit it. I’m working with my administration to hopefully offer geography next year as an elective. Fingers crossed!

That'd be nice to have the option of teaching what you love... By the way, when I went touring around the US, I realized how young the continent is, you take a look at any other continent that has been used and exploited by humans for millennia while the North America is still very young with modern humans living there only for few centuries.. another thing is, the regions closer to polar regions are very much still the old beautiful Earth, and as you go towards the equator and tropical climate, that the natural wealth is very unrecognizable and are being deprived.. 

• Like 1

After tonight, there is a 3-way for 1st place out of us 9 picking. @chad72is now 96-55, @EasyE96-55, and @2006Coltsbestever96-55. I am getting my mojo back a little now. Denver Broncos Football GIF by NBC Sports Washington. Easy and I agree on every game on Sunday and Monday's game. Chad went 3 different on Sunday with Chargers over Packers, Steelers over Browns, and Rams over Seahawks. As of now we went Broncos over Vikings. Monday we went Chiefs over Eagles. 

The 3 picks on Sunday that are different from Chad's, I don't feel strong about. Those are crapshoot games. 

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That'd be nice to have the option of teaching what you love... By the way, when I went touring around the US, I realized how young the continent is, you take a look at any other continent that has been used and exploited by humans for millennia while the North America is still very young with modern humans living there only for few centuries.. another thing is, the regions closer to polar regions are very much still the old beautiful Earth, and as you go towards the equator and tropical climate, that the natural wealth is very unrecognizable and are being deprived.. 

A very good, and correct observation! 

Deforestation and desertification are some of the biggest threats we face ecologically. And unfortunately it’s now taking hold out in the western part of the U.S. 

• Like 3

I was so sure I had posted my picks this week, but for the life of me I can’t find the post. haha

Bengals vs. Ravens

Cowboys vs. Panthers

Steelers vs. Browns 

Bears vs. Lions 

Chargers vs. Packers 

Cardinals vs. Texans 

Titans vs. Jaguars 

Raiders vs. Dolphins 

Giants vs. Commanders 

Buccaneers vs. 49ers 

Jets vs. Bills

Seahawks vs. Rams 

Vikings vs. Broncos

Eagles vs. Chiefs 

74-44 so far I believe. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Big day today, @EasyE and myself agreed on every game. @chad72 went with the Chargers over Packers, Steelers over Browns, and Rams over Seahawks on the 3 different ones. All 3 of us are 96-55 tied for 1st place. 

Dude, do you ever stop obsessing over this? You say it’s all for fun but I somehow doubt it. :) 

Just now, chad72 said:

Dude, do you ever stop obsessing over this? You say it’s all for fun but I somehow doubt it. :) 

How am I obsessing over it? I am having fun with it. If you win all 3 games today, I won't lose sleep over it. It is fun but I also would like to win. This is one of the better fun threads I come too to get away from the negativity of some others in here. I like every poster in here that is picking. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How am I obsessing over it? 

Hmmm…let me see. 1 game done on TNF, you give us the leaderboard. Say things like “my mojo is coming back” like it’s all about you.

Then, again today, remind us of the leaderboard…it sure sounds obsessive to me. 

I’d think all the good posters picking in this thread know where they stand :).

On 11/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

holly madison GIF

Different times: and now that he’s dead, they’re all coming out with claims of mental abuse and trickery etc. not saying they’re wrong but well never actually know the truth. 

the only truth is this, Playboy was an American Icon and it’s all but dead these days. 

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hmmm…let me see. 1 game done on TNF, you give us the leaderboard. Say things like “my mojo is coming back” like it’s all about you.

Then, again today, remind us of the leaderboard…it sure sounds obsessive to me. 

I’d think all the good posters picking in this thread know where they stand :).

Wow, ok, the last 2 years prior to this year we had a few pick in here, I always updated everything and, on the fly, and nobody had a problem with it. I simply updated the leaderboard because I am amazed their is a 3-way tie for first through 10 weeks. I just found it impressive. What is wrong with being happy getting picks right = me saying my mojo is back? I take pride in picking games. You could do the same thing and I would love it, I would actually hope you would. It would not bother me at all.

I really hope you are joking with these posts because you are making something out of nothing, you really are. 

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Different times: and now that he’s dead, they’re all coming out with claims of mental abuse and trickery etc. not saying they’re wrong but well never actually know the truth. 

the only truth is this, Playboy was an American Icon and it’s all but dead these days. 

Different times indeed. 

My picks for week 11

Bengals 22 @ Ravens 20 

Steelers 18 @ Browns 14

Bears 19 @ Lions 25

Chargers 23 @ Packers 16  

Raiders 13 @ Dolphins 34

Giants 9 @ Commanders 17

Cowboys 31 @ Panthers 7

Titans 16 @ Jaguars 26 

Cardinals 24 @ Texans 26  

Buccaneers 15 @ 49ers 23

Jets 13 @ Bills 15

Seahawks 36 @ Rams 34

Vikings 24  @ Broncos 20 

Eagles 23 @ Chiefs 27

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

My picks for week 11

Bengals 22 @ Ravens 20 

Steelers 18 @ Browns 14

Bears 19 @ Lions 25

Chargers 23 @ Packers 16  

Raiders 13 @ Dolphins 34

Giants 9 @ Commanders 17

Cowboys 31 @ Panthers 7

Titans 16 @ Jaguars 26 

Cardinals 24 @ Texans 26  

Buccaneers 15 @ 49ers 23

Jets 13 @ Bills 15

Seahawks 36 @ Rams 34

Vikings 24  @ Broncos 20 

Eagles 23 @ Chiefs 27

I can see the Steelers and Chargers both winning, I probably made 2 dumb picks picking against them. 

There will be enough surprises for sure 😊

If Dallas Goedert were healthy, I bet more folks would be picking the Eagles. It’s a shame he is out for several games.

Still, if the Eagles choose to run 60% of the time and play good D and control TOP like the SB, they can pull it off.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can see the Steelers and Chargers both winning, I probably made 2 dumb picks picking against them. 

You have Staley and the inept Steelers offense on your side too. :) 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow, ok, the last 2 years prior to this year we had a few pick in here, I always updated everything and, on the fly, and nobody had a problem with it. I simply updated the leaderboard because I am amazed their is a 3-way tie for first through 10 weeks. I just found it impressive. What is wrong with being happy getting picks right = me saying my mojo is back? I take pride in picking games. You could do the same thing and I would love it, I would actually hope you would. It would not bother me at all.

I really hope you are joking with these posts because you are making something out of nothing, you really are. 

No worries man!!! I’m not upset whatsoever, if I made it sound that way. I found it a bit amusing but then it’s fair, what you said. I don’t know the history of this picking thread over the past years since I wasn’t part of it. So it could be me getting used to your style of posting here with the constant updates.

Cheers!!! :)  Enjoy the games.

When it’s playoffs time, we both bet on Ravens to win and will have plenty of opposition from @RollerColt :) then 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Dallas Goedert were healthy, I bet more folks would be picking the Eagles. It’s a shame he is out for several games.

Still, if the Eagles choose to run 60% of the time and play good D and control TOP like the SB, they can pull it off.

You have Staley and the inept Steelers offense on your side too. :) 

Chiefs pass defense is good, Goedert being injured and maybe Eagles will struggle just a little enough for Mahomes .. but I can't trust Chiefs offense this year

Steelers are THAT team for me. Whenever I choose them to lose, they'll win so I'm trying to get revenge on them, my standings here be damned :funny:

Chiefs pass defense is good, Goedert being injured and maybe Eagles will struggle just a little enough for Mahomes .. but I can't trust Chiefs offense this year

Steelers are THAT team for me. Whenever I choose them to lose, they'll win so I'm trying to get revenge on them, my standings here be damned :funny:

So you’re doing reverse psychology on Steelers and Chiefs???  :) 

If Goedert was healthy and both teams didn’t have a bye week, I would have chosen the Eagles, to be honest 

28 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No worries man!!! I’m not upset whatsoever, if I made it sound that way. I found it a bit amusing but then it’s fair, what you said. I don’t know the history of this picking thread over the past years since I wasn’t part of it. So it could be me getting used to your style of posting here with the constant updates.

When it’s playoffs time, we both bet on Ravens to win and will have plenty of opposition from @RollerColt :) then 

With the way some posters have been in here lately, I never know what to think anymore, or if I am offending them in some way, etc.. You just threw me way off with your series of posts earlier, I was like is this Twilight Zone? What did I say was wrong? lmao . No big deal. Of course, I want to win our pick segment, but this is about having fun as well. I just love competition of any type, just like when I did Fantasy Football. You want to talk about people talking trash, I don't make a pimple on a few of those guys rear end when it comes to that. They were relentless. chuckling homer simpson GIF. I like the fact we have so many people in here doing well with these picks because it is fun to keep track of it. Good luck today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With the way some posters have been in here lately, I never know what to think anymore, or if I am offending them in some way, etc.. You just threw me way off with your series of posts earlier, I was like is this Twilight Zone? What did I say was wrong? lmao . No big deal. Of course, I want to win our pick segment, but this is about having fun as well. I just love competition of any type, just like when I did Fantasy Football. You want to talk about people talking trash, I don't make a pimple on a few of those guys rear end when it comes to that. They were relentless. chuckling homer simpson GIF. I like the fact we have so many people in here doing well with these picks because it is fun to keep track of it. Good luck today.

It’s like you get amped up for something and it either goes your way or it doesn’t.

But with time, the things that don’t go your way are a blimp on the radar of life. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Get prepared.

Daniel Day Lewis Fight GIF by MIRAMAX