Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 9 Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

16 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Crazy how all the holiday commercials are starting. This year went by fast :peek: does that mean I'm getting old...

We’re both 35 with kids so I can confirm. Yeah it’s going faster now. BUT, we aren’t old (yet). 

Although my students believe anyone over 30 is apparently one foot in the grave already :funny:

34 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Crazy how all the holiday commercials are starting. This year went by fast :peek: does that mean I'm getting old...

As you get older time goes by faster and faster. Enjoy your life, your family, your friends, and of course football :). As you get older, things that seemed so important in the past become so insignificant.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Levis playing very good.  Good decisions.  Good throws.  Titans gets FG with 2 minute drive to end the half.  

Yeah, Levis doesn’t seem overwhelmed at all. Just playing with no fear whatsoever. He’s not making the big mistake and is doing enough small things to move the chains and keep his team in the game.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do they not even try to go downfield? Everyhing is screens and runs. It’s nuts with a deep threat like Pickens.

Yeah, no attacking of different levels of the field with TEs either. Steichen is definitely a very good play caller.

• Like 1

So many games in prime time seem to have moments like these -- a player appears to sustain a possible life altering injury. I forgot the Steelers player who appeared to get partially paralyzed as a result of a football play. I think that game was in prime time too.

Just now, DougDew said:

Tennessee’s offense is pretty bland.  They need receivers worse than we do.   Its all Hopkins.  

Steelers make a 4th quarter drive to go ahead. Then stop Tennessee twice. Levis throws his only pick in the end zone with 11 seconds left.

He nearly had two others picked on that drive, IIRC.

Levis stats:

22-39 56.4%, 262 Yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT, 2 Yards rushing. Titans score 16 points. Levis had ball in hand twice with a chance to win and failed twice. 2nd time in a game ending INT.

I will let you guys rate his performance. I know if AR had a game like that, the naysayers toward AR would say he played average at best. 

Nice win by Pitt. I am 1-0 this week so far, I picked Pitt to win.