Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NBA, Pacers and all NBA talk

Predictable actually. I knew NY would win tonight after we thrashed them in Game 4, + no way was we beating them 3 in a row. Pacers will still win the series. We will definitely win Friday. 

Telling stat, they shot 30 more shots than us. That won't happen again just like I said Divincenzo wouldn't shoot like Bird again after Game 2. Brunson is a problem though. Please, no Scott Foster if there Is a Game 7.

Before the season started, from fans to the media had us winning 46 games on average, being a 7th seed, and losing in Round 1. We won 47, was a 6th seed, and in Round 2 only down 2-3. So yes, we have overachieved even if it ends Friday. In reality, only 1 fan base is happy at the end of the year, that is the team that wins the Championship. Nobody is beating Denver so why watch. I watch for the journey just to see how far the Pacers can go and they are exciting to watch most nights. This has been the best season we have had in 10 years and it still isn't over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Before the season started, from fans to the media had us winning 46 games on average, being a 7th seed, and losing in Round 1. We won 47, was a 6th seed, and in Round 2 only down 2-3. So yes, we have overachieved even if it ends Friday. In reality, only 1 fan base is happy at the end of the year, that is the team that wins the Championship. Nobody is beating Denver so why watch. I watch for the journey just to see how far the Pacers can go and they are exciting to watch most nights. This has been the best season we have had in 10 years and it still isn't over.

You've done well this season. The Knicks are a tough team. I think the Pacers have a bright future. I think if the Nuggets can finish the series with the Wolves, we have a chance to repeat. They scare me more than any other team. The Celtics would be scary in the finals if that were the matchup, but I like our chances. The Nuggets are clutch in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

You've done well this season. The Knicks are a tough team. I think the Pacers have a bright future. I think if the Nuggets can finish the series with the Wolves, we have a chance to repeat. They scare me more than any other team. The Celtics would be scary in the finals if that were the matchup, but I like our chances. The Nuggets are clutch in the playoffs.

I still think we will win the series. NY hasn't beat us yet at INDY and I don't see that changing. Get it to Game 7, then all the pressure is on them being at home. I just think we have the better team and have said that all series long. If we don't win the series I will say I was wrong but it still won't take away that we have overachieved and had a good season. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think we will win the series. NY hasn't beat us yet at INDY and I don't see that changing. Get it to Game 7, then all the pressure is on them being at home. I just think we have the better team and have said that all series long. If we don't win the series I will say I was wrong but it still won't take away that we have overachieved and had a good season. 

2 in a row isn't out of the question. You are the underdog to do so, but it's happened plenty of times before in the playoffs. Nuggets were down 0-2 and won 3 in a row. You can do it. DeVecinzo is better than you give him credit for though. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Nobody is beating Denver so I am already giving you congrats. You will beat Boston in 6 if that is the Finals. They are mentally weak, Joker will take their lunch money.

• Like 1

Nobody is beating Denver so I am already giving you congrats. You will beat Boston in 6 if that is the Finals. They are mentally weak, Joker will take their lunch money.

I appreciate it. Just not counting my chickens before they hatch yet. Another NBA finals win would be the cherry on top heading into the NFL season.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

2 in a row isn't out of the question. You are the underdog to do so, but it's happened plenty of times before in the playoffs. Nuggets were down 0-2 and won 3 in a row. You can do it. DeVecinzo is better than you give him credit for though. 

They got physical with us last night, and punked us. They won't do that on Friday. We can beat them 2 in a row and have proven that.

• Like 1

They got physical with us last night, and punked us. They won't do that on Friday. We can beat them 2 in a row and have proven that.

I hope you do. Would be a lot of fun to see the Pacers have a realistic shot at the finals. They have gotten a lot of bad luck throughout their history as a franchise.

Just now, Yoshinator said:

I hope you do. Would be a lot of fun to see the Pacers have a realistic shot at the finals. They have gotten a lot of bad luck throughout their history as a franchise.

Yeah in the Reggie days we made 6 Eastern Finals and a Finals but it was always something where we came up short. Same for the Paul George days from 2012-2014. The problem in those years we couldn't beat Miami who had Lebron and Wade. When Reggie played, it was Jordan, than Kobe/Shaq. Just unfortunate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah in the Reggie days we made 6 Eastern Finals and a Finals but it was always something where we came up short. Same for the Paul George days from 2012-2014. The problem in those years we couldn't beat Miami who had Lebron and Wade. When Reggie played, it was Jordan, than Kobe/Shaq. Just unfortunate.

If you come back and win 2 games, you'll make the final 4 minimum. That would be equivalent to the 2014 season the Colts had with Andrew Luck. So, there's a lot on the line for you coming up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

If you come back and win 2 games, you'll make the final 4 minimum. That would be equivalent to the 2014 season the Colts had with Andrew Luck. So, there's a lot on the line for you coming up. 

Like I said I still feel good about the series. Bowen and Andy (here locally even) haven't had 1 good thing to say about the series moving forward. It is just 1 freakin game and of course I am home now watching ESPN, and ESPN is just slobbering all over NY. I hate playing big market teams because we get 0 respect from the media. 2 media people picked us to win the series that was Shaq and Barkley. It amazes how happy these analysts are on ESPN today compared to yesterday. Even if NY advances, they have almost 0 chance against Boston to win that series and they would lose in 5 to Denver. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Media is already talking about what the Pacers should do in the offseason regarding Pascal and how Haliburton can get better. Series isn't over, calm down is what I would say to them.

Is Siakam a FA at the end of the year?

5 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Is Siakam a FA at the end of the year?

Yeah, there is talk whether or not we should extend him. That is a no brainer to me, I say yes. He has struggled a bit vs the Knicks but played great vs the Bucks and was great in the Regular Season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, there is talk whether or not we should extend him. That is a no brainer to me, I say yes. He has struggled a bit vs the Knicks but played great vs the Bucks and was great in the Regular Season. 

Yeah, I agree. Get him extended for 3-4 more years. He's a vital part of your team opposite Haliburton. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I agree. Get him extended for 3-4 more years. He's a vital part of your team opposite Haliburton. 

He is a solid player and he and Myles together mesh when they get in beast mode. Haliburton has 2 great options when the team is running with Pascal in there.

• Thanks 1

Fun Facts:

Pacers have won 2 Game 7's on the road in their NBA history. 1995 Semi-Final at NY 4-3, 2005 1st Round at Boston 4-3. 

Stephen A Smith acting a fool, dancing around like the series is over lmao . We have something for them come Friday trust me!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Friday can't get here quick enough, time to shut the naysayers up again. Whoever wins Friday will win the series, obviously if NY wins, they win but I think if we win, we will win Game 7 as well.

I do think they need to change their strategy on Brunson, throw different defenders at him. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I do think they need to change their strategy on Brunson, throw different defenders at him. 

I think we will figure it out. Usually when a team gets blown out, they bounce back and win the next one. NY just did that; I think we do the same. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we will figure it out. Usually when a team gets blown out, they bounce back and win the next one. NY just did that; I think we do the same. 

All of my life the media just doesn’t like Indiana based teams. It’s kind boggling.

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2024 at 12:23 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

you said that when we were down 0-2. Question, are you ever optimistic? You seem miserable watching the Colts and Pacers. Cheer up, Pacers have already overachieved this season. 

It certainly didn't look good after being down 0-2.  I was happy they came back but I am certainly not as optimistic as you. Winning the final 2 games is possible just not likely.  I am a realist.  By the Pacers overachieving already this season, it just gives them a worse draft pick.  They have to make it to the conference finals to be successful.  They have not proven they could stop Brunson.  

28 minutes ago, Myles said:

It certainly didn't look good after being down 0-2.  I was happy they came back but I am certainly not as optimistic as you. Winning the final 2 games is possible just not likely.  I am a realist.  By the Pacers overachieving already this season, it just gives them a worse draft pick.  They have to make it to the conference finals to be successful.  They have not proven they could stop Brunson.  

The NBA is a lot different than the NFL regarding the draft. The draft is a complete crap shoot in the NBA unless you have a sure thing at #1. Pacers could get the best player in the draft this year picking 20th for example. Some Overseas player may be the best player that we have never heard of. We will have to agree to disagree regarding the Pacers not overachieving already. The Knicks were favored to win this series coming in and if we take them 7 and lose, there is no shame in that at all. 

Many in the media and fans seem to think Brunson has outplayed Haliburton by a lot in this series. Stats prove otherwise.

Series stats:

Brunson

28.1 Points

6.7 Assists

FG% 47.9

FT% 84.2

Haliburton

20.1 Points

10.9 Assists

FG% 47.7%

FT% 85.5

Assists are like Points; Haliburton is averaging 4 more = 8 points for his teammates. He hasn't been the scorer that Brunson has been, but Brunson takes more shots. Their FG% and FT% are almost equal so both are efficient. 1 last thing, it isn't like Haliburton isn't scoring either. He is giving us 20 Points a game. He just also loves getting his teammates involved.

I do think Brunson has been better in the series but not by much like many think.

So much for the series being over. Pacers win. It's 3-3 now. Winner take all Game 7 Sunday at NY. One thing we have done in these playoffs is protect homecourt. Pacers 6-0 at home. I have said all series that we have the better/deeper team, they have homecourt in Game 7 which makes it even. One huge adjustment that Carlisle made going into Game 6, pressuring Brunson all the way up the court. We forced him into terrible shots tonight. Haliburton outplayed him. Great night hearing all these Knicks fans whine and the media be so disappointed. At halftime, they were playing the GO NY GO NY, GO chant. If I hear that 1 more time, my ears are going to bleed.

GO PACERS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So much for the series being over. Pacers win. It's 3-3 now. Winner take all Game 7 Sunday at NY. One thing we have done in these playoffs is protect homecourt. Pacers 6-0 at home. I have said all series that we have the better/deeper team, they have homecourt in Game 7 which makes it even. One huge adjustment that Carlisle made going into Game 6, pressuring Brunson all the way up the court. We forced him into terrible shots tonight. Haliburton outplayed him. Great night hearing all these Knicks fans whine and the media be so disappointed. At halftime, they were playing the GO NY GO NY, GO chant. If I hear that 1 more time, my ears are going to bleed.

GO PACERS!

Pizza Yes GIF

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Pizza Yes GIF

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsonswe upset a lot of people tonight. I think it's comical. Almost everyone wants NY to win, if we win Game 7 I will literally lmao for hours. The media is full of NY fans, I can't get away from them. They are like cockroaches, I also have noticed everytime we win, hosts of radio shows avoid talking about the game. When NY won Game 5, they would not shut up about the game and declared the series over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsonswe upset a lot of people tonight. I think it's comical. Almost everyone wants NY to win, if we win Game 7 I will literally lmao for hours. The media is full of NY fans, I can't get away from them. They are like cockroaches, I also have noticed everytime we win, hosts of radio shows avoid talking about the game. When NY won Game 5, they would not shut up about the game and declared the series over.

Yep, I’ve noticed the bias and it is sickening! :yuk: GO PACERS! I love how this is all playing out. Wish Reggie was able to suit up for Game 7!!!

R-E-G… G-I-E….

RE-GGIE

RE-GGIE…

SHOOT THE 3!!

:td:

• Thanks 1

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPNme after Game 6!

1 hour ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Yep, I’ve noticed the bias and it is sickening! :yuk: GO PACERS! I love how this is all playing out. Wish Reggie was able to suit up for Game 7!!!

R-E-G… G-I-E….

RE-GGIE

RE-GGIE…

SHOOT THE 3!!

:td:

Yeah I have never seen such bias from the media in my life regarding any 1 series. At halftime, espn was playing GO NY GO NY, GO chants. It just isn't them, every single host on CBS radio are pulling for NY. What the hell did the Pacers do to deserve this kind of hate? I am puzzled. We aren't a dirty team, play beautiful basketball on offense. Usually people root for the underdog. Knicks are still favored to win the series. They are a 2 point favorite in Game 7. I hope we win big, as a fan, the media and NY fans made it personal with me after Game 5. I have sent our FO an e-mail saying make it personal, block out their crowd, block out the media, and bring it home.Warming Up Watch Out GIF by Indiana Pacers

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It’s a new series now. 0-0 winner takes all. Even if we lose, we sure proved a lot of talkers wrong this season. Indiana basketball is making a comeback!

Yep, winner take all tomorrow, but we have already overachieved as is. If we lose, crap happens but what Pacers fans even need to realize is, NY was favored to win this series and in 6 games by Caesars book odds and in Vegas. I get it they have injuries, but they still have their 2 best players completely healthy in Brunson and Divincenzo + they have HCA. I don't think Haliburton is near 100% and he is our best player, I can tell by the way he moves. 

I'm thinking of putting money on the Pacers because I don't like the favoritism shown for the Knicks. It wouldn't be a lot, as I have a set amount in my Fanduel account. I don't know if I'll go straight win or loss, point spread or player statistics. Have until tomorrow to decide. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I'm thinking of putting money on the Pacers because I don't like the favoritism shown for the Knicks. It wouldn't be a lot, as I have a set amount in my Fanduel account. I don't know if I'll go straight win or loss, point spread or player statistics. Have until tomorrow to decide. 

Tough call with the game in NY. NY is only favored by 2.5 last I looked. You wouldn't be getting many points if you went INDY.