Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittsburgh signs Darius Rush

holeymoley99

7 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Steelers are signing him off KC's Practice Squad to their active roster. Something tells me he is going to pan out in this league. Wish him the best.

Pittsburgh already have a lot of CBs, and they haven't even started playing Joey Porter Jr in full role yet, even though he's been playing at near elite level in pass coverage in limited snaps. 

They've got Patrick Peterson, Desmond King, Levi Wallace, Joey Porter and couple of other guys too.

Maybe, there's an injury or they may like Rush that much. 

9 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Pittsburgh already have a lot of CBs, and they haven't even started playing Joey Porter Jr in full role yet, even though he's been playing at near elite level in pass coverage in limited snaps. 

They've got Patrick Peterson, Desmond King, Levi Wallace, Joey Porter and couple of other guys too.

Maybe, there's an injury or they may like Rush that much. 

Ohh ...

In a corresponding move, the Steelers released veteran CB Desmond King II. King’s release is not unexpected, as reports surfaced Tuesday that the team was looking to trade or release him following his signing less than two months ago.

The Colts had multiple opportunities to re-sign Darius, but for whatever reason elected not to.   Makes me think the team was not happy with him beyond his performance in practice and pre-season games.   Feels like if they really wanted to being DR back to Indy they had plenty of chances, yet didn’t.   

That speaks loudly to me.   The Colts talked him up a lot when they drafted him.  Something doesn’t add up to me not re-claiming him.     Hmmmm?!?  

On 10/18/2023 at 5:59 PM, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts had multiple opportunities to re-sign Darius, but for whatever reason elected not to.   Makes me think the team was not happy with him beyond his performance in practice and pre-season games.   Feels like if they really wanted to being DR back to Indy they had plenty of chances, yet didn’t.   

That speaks loudly to me.   The Colts talked him up a lot when they drafted him.  Something doesn’t add up to me not re-claiming him.     Hmmmm?!?  

Could be he wasn’t a fit

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 5:59 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Brings me back to a PS question I asked in the Colts Forum. Can a PS Player refuse to sign if a team makes an offer? Maybe the Colts tried to get him after they cut him, and he didn’t want anything to do with the Colts after we cut him?

17 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

Brings me back to a PS question I asked in the Colts Forum. Can a PS Player refuse to sign if a team makes an offer? Maybe the Colts tried to get him after they cut him, and he didn’t want anything to do with the Colts after we cut him?

Good questions….   And the honest answer is….   I don’t know.   But perhaps @w87r and @Superman could weigh in with what they know.  

I know nearly a year ago I read a story that said when Eason was claimed off the Colts PS, that Ballard and Reich tried to convince him to stay and turn down the claim made by another team.   I didn’t know that was allowed. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good questions….   And the honest answer is….   I don’t know.   But perhaps @w87r and @Superman could weigh in with what they know.  

I know nearly a year ago I read a story that said when Eason was claimed off the Colts PS, that Ballard and Reich tried to convince him to stay and turn down the claim made by another team.   I didn’t know that was allowed. 

Yeah, they have the power to make their own decision.

A player doesn't have to sign with another team, if offered a contract. They can elect not to, but it's hard for them at that point to turn down a guaranteed 3-4 weeks(can't remember of top of head, think 3) on an active roster. Money difference is significant from practice squad to vet minimum. (2-3 times as much)

As far as to the second point, I think it happens frequently, PS players are offered a deal from a different team, but let's the team know and gives them a chance to promote them to active roster.

I think those were the questions, little scattered minded today?

@jimmy g

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2