Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Weekly Pick'em Games: Week 7

2006Coltsbestever

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Looks like everyone that posted picks so far have the Rams winning.

Could that be because Colts fans don't like the Steelers? haha  They tend to win whenever I believe they will lose. I don't like picking against them. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Could that be because Colts fans don't like the Steelers? haha  They tend to win whenever I believe they will lose. I don't like picking against them. 

I hate them with a passion. That said I think the Rams are technically more talented across the board.

Stafford > Pickett

Nacua and Kupp > whoever their WRs are

Donald > whoever their lineman are

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Maybe? That wasn't the reason I picked them to lose though. I just think Stafford is playing some decent ball.

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

I hate them with a passion. That said I think the Rams are technically more talented across the board.

Stafford > Pickett

Nacua and Kupp > whoever their WRs are

Donald > whoever their lineman are

They do have TJ Watt and Cam Heyward, but he is hurt. Another reason I'm down on the Steelers now.

• Like 2

I’ll go further in my madness:

I hate the color yellow because of Pittsburgh.

I hate the Iowa Hawkeyes because they have the same color as Pittsburgh.

I hate a local rival high school because they have the same colors as Pittsburgh. 

Hell I hate the Pirates because they have the same color and because they represent Pittsburgh. 

What does this mean? I’m ridiculous in my dislike of that place and that team. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I hate the color yellow because of Pittsburgh.

I hate the Iowa Hawkeyes because they have the same color as Pittsburgh.

I hate a local rival high school because they have the same colors as Pittsburgh. 

Hell I hate the Pirates because they have the same color and because they represent Pittsburgh. 

That is a lot of dislike. I don't dislike the Steelers. The two teams I grew up disliking are the Cowboys and the Patriots.Many Vikings fans hate the Packers but it is because most live amongst Packers fans. I don't have Packers fans around me. Cowboys fans are everywhere here. Ugh.

My older sister went to college in Pittsburgh. Her boyfriend at the time went to Pitt. I have never visited there though I have been to many parts of Pennsylvania.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is a lot of dislike. I don't dislike the Steelers. The two teams I grew up disliking are the Cowboys and the Patriots.Many Vikings fans hate the Packers but it is because most live amongst Packers fans. I don't have Packers fans around me. Cowboys fans are everywhere here. Ugh.

My older sister went to college in Pittsburgh. Her boyfriend at the time went to Pitt. I have never visited there though I have been to many parts of Pennsylvania.

I blame my Bengals childhood upbringing. I think my parents programmed me at birth to hate anything black and yellow LOL. 

Then all of the heartbreak and controversial games over the years in the Colts and Bengals games…

The ‘95 Colts game… the ‘05 Colts game… Them killing Carson Palmer during the first play of the Bengals playoff game… The stupid coach going on the field and all sorts of crap happening during the 2015 Bengals playoff game… 

Best of all? I was there to witness all of that disappointment live in person… It’s boiling my blood just remembering it all… 

I’d be okay with Pittsburgh going to the cellar for a while so the rest of the North can enjoy some success. I’m happy to see New England out of the spotlight so the other teams can be more competitive. It’s no fun when the entire division sucks… 

I can’t stand Dallas either. They haven’t been “Murica’s Team” in decades. It’s high time they get removed from all of the prime time games. 

58 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I hate the color yellow because of Packers 

I hate the Iowa Hawkeyes because they have the same color as Packers 

I hate a local rival high school because they have the same colors as Packers

Hell I hate the Pirates because they have the same color and because they represent Packers 

Fixed it for you.   :funny:

39 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Pittsburgh is stunning City with classical architecture, I loved being there.. saw the stadium from outside. Rivers and mountains (few mountain tunnels to pass through going from Philly) during the fall are awesome, should be nice to visit at this part of time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Fixed it for you.   :funny:

Morgan Freeman Laughing GIF

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Pittsburgh is stunning City with classical architecture, I loved being there.. saw the stadium from outside. Rivers and mountains (few mountain tunnels to pass through going from Philly) during the fall are awesome, should be nice to visit at this part of time. 

City is beautiful. All their teams suck. :bossy:

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It sounds nice. I have to visit. I love nature -- mountains and oceans. Are you familiar with the areas up the Hudson in NY (Hastings, Tarrytown, Cold Spring, Irvington, Croton on the Hudson, etc.). I love that area. I take the MetroNorth from home up the Hudson just for the view.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

It sounds nice. I have to visit. I love nature -- mountains and oceans. Are you familiar with the areas up the Hudson in NY (Hastings, Tarrytown, Cold Spring, Irvington, Croton on the Hudson, etc.). I love that area. I take the MetroNorth from home up the Hudson just for the view.

My friend did post graduation in Carnegie Mellon, so I visited there few times.. colleges and City were old fashioned good looking like Victorian era.

I had been through Northern NY few times while passing through driving, these places are very refreshing away from the concrete structures but I didn't know enough to visit any area around particularly. My previous client Hertz were located in Pearl River, NY but I was not working for them when I was there. They had invited me for a visit but couldn't meet up there instead met in Manhattan.

I loved the places around Susquehanna river up north, the mountain passes were awesome during fall and winter. I wanted to drive up north through Hudson river, but never got to do. I visited Buffalo few times so got to see some of the region on the way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

0-1. Just getting my head start to 6 wrong picks!

Saints came close to 5 yard line in the end zone twice and only got 3 points, and misses a FG too. So not a bad pick, today was not their day.

Jaguars struggled to get going after initial few drives and Saints pass coverage except few plays were just tight and excellent. 

I don't hate Pittsburgh. I don't know why, but that team doesn't upset me as much as some other teams. 

I'm a bit frustrated with New Orleans. I picked them to win and they let me down. They had so many chances to score and didn't take advantage of Jacksonville's two turnovers in the first half. By the time NO work up, it was too late.  Not happy that Jacksonville gained another game ahead of us. If the Colts lose this Sunday....I won't think of that yet. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I don't hate Pittsburgh. I don't know why, but that team doesn't upset me as much as some other teams. 

I'm a bit frustrated with New Orleans. I picked them to win and they let me down. They had so many chances to score and didn't take advantage of Jacksonville's two turnovers in the first half. By the time NO work up, it was too late.  Not happy that Jacksonville gained another game ahead of us. If the Colts lose this Sunday....I won't think of that yet. 

Agreed. Carr and the Saints for most of the game were out of sorts and miscommunicating. To have two turnovers and only come away with 3 points... That's not winning football. 

On 10/18/2023 at 10:42 PM, Solid84 said:

Thursday

Jaguars @ Saints

Sunday

Lions @ Ravens

Raiders @ Bears

Browns @ Colts

Bills @ Pats

Commanders @ Giants

Falcons @ Buccaneers

Steelers @ Rams

Cardinals @ Seahawks

Packers @ Broncos

Chargers @ Chiefs

Dolphins @ Eagles

Monday

49'ers @ Vikings

39-22 so far - 10-5 last week.

Just shoot me now…

• Like 1

Well, I have had a lousy week so far. I am 3-8 and the Colts got cheated on top of it. Worst week I have ever had in 3 years of picking here. @Moeyou are also currently 3-8 Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- I was 61-32 coming in, you were 60-33. You do have Miami tonight and I have Philly, we both have SF tomorrow night. Worst I can do is be tied with you for 1st place after this week if Philly loses. Everyone else did bad too. What a stinky week lmao . I will wait until Thursday to make my Week 8 picks. I need time away from here after today. Get my barring's back but I need to get my mind off of football for at least 2 or 3 days. Today's Colts loss was just nauseating and I posted my takes on the other threads about the Colts loss and the lousy REFS. I am almost at the end of Beverly Cops 1, getting ready to watch part 2 and will do it in peace. Take care everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, I have had a lousy week so far. I am 3-8 and the Colts got cheated on top of it. Worst week I have ever had in 3 years of picking here. @Moeyou are also currently 3-8 Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- I was 61-32 coming in, you were 60-33. You do have Miami tonight and I have Philly, we both have SF tomorrow night. Worst I can do is be tied with you for 1st place after this week if Philly loses. Everyone else did bad too. What a stinky week lmao . I will wait until Thursday to make my Week 8 picks. I need time away from here after today. Get my barring's back but I need to get my mind off of football for at least 2 or 3 days. Today's Colts loss was just nauseating and I posted my takes on the other threads about the Colts loss and the lousy REFS. I am almost at the end of Beverly Cops 1, getting ready to watch part 2 and will do it in peace. Take care everyone. 

1 last thing I just read and it is all over the internet, fans around the league want the REFS to be investigated regarding the Colts/Browns game. Fans are thinking about protesting it and even state that they think the game was fixed. Thought I would leave you guys on that note The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1 last thing I just read and it is all over the internet, fans around the league want the REFS to be investigated regarding the Colts/Browns game. Fans are thinking about protesting it and even state that they think the game was fixed. Thought I would leave you guys on that note The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Yeah, all of Reddit is * off. Even Browns fans. The integrity is being questioned after that crap show. The NFL better be careful. 

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This will all be forgotten by tomorrow evening. The league at the most will issue an apology letter but that’s it

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 9:04 AM, chad72 said:

57-36 so far

Week 7 picks:

Jaguars at Saints

Raiders at Bears

Browns at Colts

Bills at Patriots

Commanders at Giants

Falcons at Bucs

Lions at Ravens

Steelers at Rams

Cardinals at Seahawks

Packers at Broncos

Chargers at Chiefs

Sunday Night Football

Dolphins at Eagles

Monday Night Football

49ers at Vikings

Just 6-5 so far, yuck!!!

9 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I think it was a fluke that I did well that one year… I’m just not a gambling person and suck at these types of things. 

You're not alone. I've been through such weeks so much that looking back at the picks every week only brings me uncontrollable laughter.. 

But, those cursory 6 wrong selections would look so much respectable this week :funny:

7 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Anyone get over 5 games right??

I'm 6-6 so far, and will be 7-6 if SF wins tomorrow. 

I'm in another league, where it's picked for or against the spread, and there I've only got 3 right, probably 2.