Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources Colts have called about Jerry Jeudy

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, richard pallo said:

I’m hoping we get him actually.  I think he would do great with Shane.  

The biggest thing for me is, at what cost.

He had a good college career and was highly rated in draft profiling. Has not lived up to the 15th overall choice, but played on poor teams with poor QBs

I have no problem with him coming over to the Colts, and I would root for him to succeed

He's under contract for the rest of this year and next.

Looking at our future outlook, I think our draft choices are equally important.

21 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The biggest thing for me is, at what cost.

He had a good college career and was highly rated in draft profiling. Has not lived up to the 15th overall choice, but played on poor teams with poor QBs

I have no problem with him coming over to the Colts, and I would root for him to succeed

He's under contract for the rest of this year and next.

Looking at our future outlook, I think our draft choices are equally important.

I agree.  A difficult decision for Ballard to figure out. That said I think he’s pretty good at evaluating players and making trades.  All we can do is wait and see what happens.

Just now, richard pallo said:

I agree.  A difficult decision for Ballard to figure out. That said I think he’s pretty good at evaluating players and making trades.  All we can do is wait and see what happens.

It would seem, by taking it to the deadline, Ballard should be able to get Jeudy for a later round pick. Otherwise, I think just pass.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

It would seem, by taking it to the deadline, Ballard should be able to get Jeudy for a later round pick. Otherwise, I think just pass.

But we don’t know the competition if any.  It’s going to be an interesting 10 days.  What ever pick it turns out to be I think he will feel he made a fair trade.

11 hours ago, Nickster said:

I never really paid attention to tagging.  I’ve changed some paradigms as I’ve gotten older.  I used to be pert near offended lol when a dude would turn down millions. But, I’ve backed off of that some.

It’s just a really bad deal for the excellent players who end up getting less than market value, risking their future earnings with every snap, while guys that aren’t as valuable get the guaranteed cash.  

And as of now the only 3 players that it’s actually being used in is RBs which is the most punishing position in the league with the shortest shelf lives.

It’s obviously unfair to these individuals IMO.  I hope they get rid of it.  I’d almost be willing to bet it will be gone soon.  The media is hyping it and they are very powerful lately in shaping and dictating many things in sports these days.

I dislike when excellence is punished. Happens a lot in society, especially in collectively bargained situations.

The tag is one of the most unfair elements of the CBA, for the reasons you stated. 

The fact is it only affects a few players. There have been four or five new CBAs, and a handful of lawsuits over the tag, and it has not gone anywhere. It probably won't go anywhere. 

12 hours ago, Superman said:

The tag is one of the most unfair elements of the CBA, for the reasons you stated. 

The fact is it only affects a few players. There have been four or five new CBAs, and a handful of lawsuits over the tag, and it has not gone anywhere. It probably won't go anywhere. 

If the media set it up as some sort to pariah, and quite honestly I think we agree that it is, then something could/would be done.

If the media let it go then it will go on. 

But this time I'd like to see the media go after something worthwhile and real like this unfair rule.

If you'd just adjust the rules it would't be so bad.  Maybe, teams could keep the player if they agree to do like a 3 year guarantee at the top current salaries that adjust over the 3 years to meet the inflated contracts at the position, or simply take away the 2 1st rounders on the exclusive tag.  Either of these types of solutions would be OK IMO.  

Right now, it's really just WRONG.  And unlike Sith's I don't really deal in absolutes so much these days.

Just now, Nickster said:

If the media set it up as some sort to pariah, and quite honestly I think we agree that it is, then something could/would be done.

If the media let it go then it will go on. 

But this time I'd like to see the media go after something worthwhile and real like this unfair rule.

If you'd just adjust the rules it would't be so bad.  Maybe, teams could keep the player if they agree to do like a 3 year guarantee at the top current salaries that adjust over the 3 years to meet the inflated contracts at the position, or simply take away the 2 1st rounders on the exclusive tag.  Either of these types of solutions would be OK IMO.  

Right now, it's really just WRONG.  And unlike Sith's I don't really deal in absolutes so much these days.

The tag has gotten a lot of press over the years. I think the truth of the matter is the NFLPA doesn't consider it a priority. And I think that's the biggest issue with anything you think is unfair or illogical in the CBA, poor NFLPA leadership and negotiations.