Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts vs Jags plus injury reports (MERGE)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, JediXMan said:

Yeah Ogletree is the better receiving TE but Mo is still the he better blocker and they definitely need him with the back up playing.

Right. This week, I worry most, even if Cox plays, the Jags rush w/Allen still find a way to come unabated to Minshew

• w87r changed the title to NFL Preview Colts vs Jags plus injury reports (MERGE)
3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Yeah Ogletree is the better receiving TE but Mo is still the better blocker and they definitely need him with the back up playing.

Ogletree has actually been our best blocker this season. Both Run blocking and Pass blocking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

What. ?

ogletree inactivate?

He is our best TE

She’s talking about a game earlier this season not tomorrow regarding Ogletree when he cleared concussion protocol but was left inactive on game day and saying they could do the same with Mo tomorrow.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• But if the Colts sign someone next week or the week after then it really doesn’t matter.    I would’ve preferred we sign some two weeks ago.   Get them familiar with the DC and position coach.   But once we didn’t then it really doesn’t matter when.  It just matters that we do it before camp opens.  At least to me.    And the fact no one else is signing these top FA safeties tells me the market just isn’t there yet.   I’m preaching a healthy dose of patients.  
    • How about getting a proven commodity in the FA market? I know that assumes the player wants to be here, but money talks and the Colts have some. This D needs a solid center fielder. Simmons fits that role perfectly. If he’s gettable, here’s to Ballard pulling the trigger, even if it’s a slight overpay. The team CANNOT leave this crucial position to players who have consistently underperformed in the past (Cross and Thomas). 
    • All - this is the real question.   What do the 32 GMs in the league know that the rest of us (we're on the outside looking in) don't know?   Answer that question and you'll have what you need to analyze the choices made by the leadership of your favorite team.
    • We have the weak secondary where a player in FA can be signed for a year and get a starting job. We also have the money to afford any of them. Not too many other teams have that combination of both factors right now. Also, the draft recently happened and I'm guessing a lot of these teams want to try out their early round picks in the secondary right now. We didn't draft anyone in the secondary until the 5th round. We are somewhat desperate (not to mention Daniel Scott is out for the year again). Other teams are not at the moment.
    • Why do you think A and B are the only options?    What’s the reason for Ballard to be cheap?   What incentive would there be?    Posters like Superman and w87r have crunched the numbers.  The Colts are among the league leaders in spending.     Ballard’s is going into his 8th year.  He’s been competitive in 6 of the 8 seasons and I personally think season 1 was a tank.    Also…. Ballard always says the team is always looking to improve.  It’s now mid-June, so the Colts have 5 more weeks to sign someone before camp starts.  There are a number of FA safeties available.  Why aren’t the other 31 teams signing these players either.  They’re certainly good enough.  But it’s Ballard who is wrong or incompetent or cheap or something and not anyone else.    
  • Members

• KB

KB 1,152

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 3,789

• Nadine

Nadine 8,162

Administrators
    • IndyJoe

IndyJoe 0

Rookie
    • mirobi48