Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 5 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

Are you enjoying the NFL season so far? (Please write your thoughts in the comments section.)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying the NFL season so far? (Please write your thoughts in the comments section.)

• Yes
    • No

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Game tied between Vikes and Chiefs. Kelce appeared to sustain a non-contact injury. His loss maybe big in the game. In the season, he was missed and the Lions beat the Chiefs.

Kelce came back and scored a TD

20 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Bengals defense is spoiling a decent game by Burrow. 

Burrow is having a very good game.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Tonight’s game will be really good.

Note on panthers but Reich looks overwhelmed.

I always felt like his heart wasn’t as into football as preaching. Which mind you isn’t a bad thing but perhaps he should consider retiring to looking to his faith. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Cincy has a two possession game. Sounds like Trey forced a TO or recovered a TO.

@RollerColt Cincy is doing well now.

Bengals win and Joe looked good. He fed Chase and their relationship looks fixed. I know he was frustrated all week and local pundits were claiming Chase had demanded a trade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

The 49ers should just go ahead and pick out their Super Bowl rings

So far they look like a machine. I honestly think because of the way they are built they are the 1 team that can just plug an above average QB in and make deep runs every year. Great defense, great play makers, great coaching. Look at Jimmy G, he was the QB when they went to a SB and went back to an NFC Championship Game barely losing. He is just an above average to good QB, nothing great. Purdy does look like the real deal as in good at worse. His record as a starter is great at 10-0.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Nobody watched this game? The Raiders beat the Pack 17-13. CB Amik Robertson with the pick to seal the win for the Raiders at the end.

@VikingsFanInChennai

He was one of my late round picks in one of the Gavin Mock Drafts we had. Lol.

Yeah I didn't watch it, had to sleep and come in early for work tonight. I seen Raiders won though lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Nobody watched this game? The Raiders beat the Pack 17-13. CB Amik Robertson with the pick to seal the win for the Raiders at the end.

@VikingsFanInChennai

Was just following drive by drive..

I liked Robertson too, seems he became starter only last year and he's been doing well since then, especially in pass coverage. I think his height was the concern. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jordan Love has looked bad this year. Only completing 56% of his passes with 6 INT's. They play Denver next, if they don't win that, not good.

He looked very good the first 2 games. Then hit a rookie wall the next 3 games. He had no INTs and 6 TDs the first 2 games, go figure. Points to a bit of coaching issues too, to not build upon those first 2 games. The bye week probably came at a good time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai

Nope. I blacked out from exhaustion from this illness. I think I might be turning a corner today though. I went back and saw some posts I made that are embarrassing… like the Drake Maye comment, ugh…

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah that one hurts me badly. I’m 4-1 at the moment but that might change fast with this development. 

Hopefully he comes back in two weeks. I would keep him on the bench rather than cutting/waiving him. He is expected back.

Feel better.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@RollerColtyou need to sit Jefferson for at least 4 weeks. He is being placed on IR. I think Kirk will be using Addison more. We may need to sign another receiver.

That's bad, just see the news after reading your message. That's the wrap for Vikings, and hopefully Kirk era.

Tom Pelissero reports that Jefferson might be out longer if team loses a lot more games by then, and the season is almost lost by then. They want him to be completely healed, that's the right thing to do.

Time for Addison and Osborn to shine. Mattison needs to get more touches, and they will need to see if they need an RB also... so, next draft, Vikings will need RB, QB, edge rusher, CB...

Jets report that Cook is still recovering from injury, so that makes sense why he's struggling. But, Vikings could've kept him and Mattison as well for next few years...

Vikings might have picked wrong CB FA from the Bucs... their other CB, Sean-Murphy Bunting got picked by Titans and he's got near elite PFF grade so far.

Steelers CB Joey Porter has given up 0.0 passer rating in all of his 86 snaps so far, that's like perfect QB rating I think... granted he's played only in rotational role. But, Vikings could've drafted him, or they could've moved up for Gonzalez, who was defensive rookie of September.

I think Vikings owner should go back and find a GM who can do good old school scouting, and not just analytics... And I hope Flores can do better with the secondary group he chose to go with this year . 

I think silver lining is Vikings run defense has improved from last many years. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hopefully he comes back in two weeks. I would keep him on the bench rather than cutting/waiving him. He is expected back.

Feel better.

Yeah I’ve got in on the bench. He and Richardson will sit in my IR section for the time being I guess. 

Looks like slim pickings for WRs 

• Like 1

• NFLfan unpinned this topic