Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Season Weekly Pick'em Game: Week 2

Chrisaaron1023

On 9/14/2023 at 4:35 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Thursday

Vikings  .......  16          Eagles ......  31

sorry @VikingsFanInChennai Lol

....but my pick is good news for Viking fans since I think I've missed Thursday's pick about 23 straight times haha

Rest of weeks picks later

I was 8-8 last week

Interesting week

SUNDAY

Falcons     over       Packers 

Bills            over.      Raiders 

Bengals      over      Ravens

Lions          over       Seattle 

*Colts           over      Texas

.....*I've now turned into a HOMER?? haha

Chiefs        crush.    jags

Tampa.      in OT over  Bears

Chargers    over.     Tenn

Giants         whip.    Cards

Rams.         upset     SF

Jets.            upset    Dallas

*Broncos      over      Washington

*If Payton is going to make a run at KC, they need games like these....if not they may get into position to Draft Caleb/Maye

Dolphins       roll over    Pats

Monday 

Saints.           over       Carolina

Steelers.        over       brownies

Note: to keep up with the Sharpies here picking is difficult to begin with AND when you try to also "guess" the script you can lose obvious picks. 

I'm guessing the Cincy vs Ram rematch of the super bowl next week in prime time  would be more appealing if they both won today. Also Jets should lose to Dallas but I'm thinking they get enough help to win?

Best Bets:

KC

Dolphins

Giants

Minor Best Bets

Chargers 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Interesting week

SUNDAY

Falcons     over       Packers 

Bills            over.      Raiders 

Bengals      over      Ravens

Lions          over       Seattle 

*Colts           over      Texas

.....*I've now turned into a HOMER?? haha

Chiefs        crush.    jags

Tampa.      in OT over  Bears

Chargers    over.     Tenn

Giants         whip.    Cards

Rams.         upset     SF

Jets.            upset    Dallas

*Broncos      over      Washington

*If Payton is going to make a run at KC, they need games like these....if not they may get into position to Draft Caleb/Maye

Dolphins       roll over    Pats

Monday 

Saints.           over       Carolina

Steelers.        over       brownies

Note: to keep up with the Sharpies here picking is difficult to begin with AND when you try to also "guess" the script you can lose obvious picks. 

I'm guessing the Cincy vs Ram rematch of the super bowl next week in prime time  would be more appealing if they both won today. Also Jets should lose to Dallas but I'm thinking they get enough help to win?

Best Bets:

KC

Dolphins

Giants

Minor Best Bets

Chargers 

There is only 1 Homer homer simpson GIF

By the way, nice bets. I have $50 on the Ravens and getting 3.5. I have $50 on the Colts and had to give up 1. Last I looked, Houston is favored by 1 now but no big deal. 

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is only 1 Homer homer simpson GIF

By the way, nice bets. I have $50 on the Ravens and getting 3.5. I have $50 on the Colts and had to give up 1. Last I looked, Houston is favored by 1 now but no big deal. 

I kinda think that maybe, possibly, the colts/Texans game may be huge..... like maybe determine the Division winner down the road.... We all know Jax has the best roster and QB in the division but what if they then turn into the Jags again, like we all know and love? lol..If they do today's colt game may be big. 8-8-1 may do it.

I think KC romps over Jax today. 

• Like 1

My picks for week 2

Vikings 17 - Eagles 27

Packers 26 - Falcons 20 

Raiders 23 - Bills 24

Ravens 19 - Bengals 17 

Seahawks 16 - Lions 25 

Colts 28 - Texans 13 

Chiefs 29 - Jaguars 26 

Bears 24 - Bucs 15 

Chargers 19 - Titans 14

49ers 31 - Rams 18 

Giants 21 - Cardinals 11 

Jets 10 - Cowboys 33 

Commanders 9 - Broncos 17

Dolphins 22 - Patriots 20 

Saints 35 - Panthers 30 

Browns 19 - Steelers 16

• Like 1

Whoooops... I went out of station and just checked back to enter the picks, set up my 3 fantasy leagues and 2 active Survivor selections... That was close call! :D

I wanted to pick Colts defense in one of my fantasy leagues, and just when I finished selecting the team, it was already 1 PM!!! So, it went into waivers.. Then, I added Cleveland defense as it is a late game... 

I bet on Calvin Ridley to get at least 50 yards in the game; he ended up with 32.  A couple long passes would have worked. It didn't matter about touchdowns, as I only needed the yardage. 

Got the Packers-Falcons correct. One out of two isn't bad. I got the Chiefs-Jaguars wrong. 

13 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I bet on Calvin Ridley to get at least 50 yards in the game; he ended up with 32.  A couple long passes would have worked. It didn't matter about touchdowns, as I only needed the yardage. 

Got the Packers-Falcons correct. One out of two isn't bad. I got the Chiefs-Jaguars wrong. 

I’m not sure how the Packers blew a 24-12 lead in the fourth quarter to lose 24-25 but playing without Aaron Jones and Watson, 2 marquee offensive players didn’t help at all.

By overrating the Jaguars, I also realized the Chiefs D is far better than the Colts D when it matters. Bengals almost made a run but fell short. It’s deja vu every season for them.

53 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I’m not sure how the Packers blew a 24-12 lead in the fourth quarter to lose 24-25 but playing without Aaron Jones and Watson, 2 marquee offensive players didn’t help at all.

By overrating the Jaguars, I also realized the Chiefs D is far better than the Colts D when it matters. Bengals almost made a run but fell short. It’s deja vu every season for them.

All NFC North teams lost, I think...

Many teams are in 0-2, Chargers, Broncos, Bengals, Patriots, Texans, Cardinals, Vikings, Bears... Out of all of them, I think Cardinals played the best given their situation with a QB just selected after roster cuts, and even were in better situation at times. Rookie HC has prepared the players and have them play for the win every game. 

Ridder played and even rushed really well in the second half , and Falcons have great RBs. 

55 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

All NFC North teams lost, I think...

Many teams are in 0-2, Chargers, Broncos, Bengals, Patriots, Texans, Cardinals, Vikings, Bears... Out of all of them, I think Cardinals played the best given their situation with a QB just selected after roster cuts, and even were in better situation at times. Rookie HC has prepared the players and have them play for the win every game. 

Ridder played and even rushed really well in the second half , and Falcons have great RBs. 

Ridder had 1 INT and Packers dropped 3 potential INTs including a pick six, with a couple missed opportunities in that 4th qtr.. Then didn't set the edge on a 4th down scramble by Ridder that led to that Falcons FG. Any other defensive team that cashed in on those INTs, the game is over. Ridder is OK, that is about it.  Packers' O and D crapped the bed in the 4th qtr., just go read the Packers' SB Nation site for detailed report. :) 

Broncos - Sean Payton can blame Russell Wilson only so much. Their D is not the same since Vic Fangio left too, going to be a LOOONNNG season for them. Chargers played well enough to win, and the Titans had to earn that close win. Chargers are the best 0-2 team, IMO. 

40 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ridder had 1 INT and Packers dropped 3 potential INTs including a pick six, with a couple missed opportunities in that 4th qtr.. Then didn't set the edge on a 4th down scramble by Ridder that led to that Falcons FG. Any other defensive team that cashed in on those INTs, the game is over. Ridder is OK, that is about it.  Packers' O and D crapped the bed in the 4th qtr., just go read the Packers' SB Nation site for detailed report. :) 

Broncos - Sean Payton can blame Russell Wilson only so much. Their D is not the same since Vic Fangio left too, going to be a LOOONNNG season for them. Chargers played well enough to win, and the Titans had to earn that close win. Chargers are the best 0-2 team, IMO. 

I only watched highlights, didn't see those missed opportunities by Packers, will check out Green bay site.. I saw Falcons' AJ Terrell dropped a possible pick six interception, with 11 minutes to go, being down 19-24 in 4th quarter. I see similarly bad throws from Love too..

I agree Ridder isn't that special, but this is the first NFL game of him that I watched, I thought he did well. Probably because I didn't think earlier he was starting calibre. He looks serviceable, definitely good to start for a year. What I see is, he tries to make every play count even when he sees the defense has covered the receivers absolutely locked in or when the defense is ready to pounce on his Target. The dropped interception by Jaire I saw was in 2nd quarter, Jaire read Ridder all the way through as the QB was looking at the receiver right from snap, and it was an easy read for someone like Jaire. Maybe, Ridder will learn to slow down, and not force it when the play is taken away by the defense. But, I saw some good plays from him too and some very ill-advised throws into double or triple coverage and telegraphing the targets and inaccuracies in long throws and in the middle of the field as well. Good defense can confuse him, but that defense better be great at run defense as Bijan is very good along with other RBs on their roster. 

28 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I only watched highlights, didn't see those missed opportunities by Packers, will check out Green bay site.. I saw Falcons' AJ Terrell dropped a possible pick six interception, with 11 minutes to go, being down 19-24 in 4th quarter. I see similarly bad throws from Love too..

I agree Ridder isn't that special, but this is the first NFL game of him that I watched, I thought he did well. Probably because I didn't think earlier he was starting calibre. He looks serviceable, definitely good to start for a year. What I see is, he tries to make every play count even when he sees the defense has covered the receivers absolutely locked in or when the defense is ready to pounce on his Target. The dropped interception by Jaire I saw was in 2nd quarter, Jaire read Ridder all the way through as the QB was looking at the receiver right from snap, and it was an easy read for someone like Jaire. Maybe, Ridder will learn to slow down, and not force it when the play is taken away by the defense. But, I saw some good plays from him too and some very ill-advised throws into double or triple coverage and telegraphing the targets and inaccuracies in long throws and in the middle of the field as well. Good defense can confuse him, but that defense better be great at run defense as Bijan is very good along with other RBs on their roster. 

Bijon Robinson is a stud, will be a heck of a fantasy producer as time goes on, IMO.

Yes, Ridder is serviceable with a ceiling of maybe Ryan Tannehill at best, IMO. Jordan Love, he throws better farther than underneath with touch, where he will need to make the most improvement.

So far I am 11-3, that is more my standards. Last week I was only 9-7. My goal every week is to at least win 11 games when 16 games are played = a 68.8% winning%, it has been like that since I have been picking in here since the 2021 season. We will see how the Monday night games go. I may lose both those? I went out on a limb and took the Panthers and Steelers. I still at least met my goal of picking 65% right and nearly picked 70% right even if I lose both games tonight. The 3 games I lost this week, 2 of them were in OT (Lions and Chargers) and Denver lost by 2 points. I could be 14-0, that close. Oh well.

+As far as the bets I have made this season, I am rolling. I am a perfect 4-0. I put 2 $50 bets on 2 games each week.

+Week 1: I had the Browns over Bengals and Cowboys over Giants,

Week 2: I had the Colts over Texans and Ravens over Bengals. I have won $50 on each, I am $200 to the good The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- I wish I would have placed a bet on Cincy starting 0-2, I probably would have got good odds they would not. I did predict it though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far I am 11-3, that is more my standards. Last week I was only 9-7. My goal every week is to at least win 11 games when 16 games are played = a 68.8% winning%, it has been like that since I have been picking in here since the 2021 season. We will see how the Monday night games go. I may lose both those? I went out on a limb and took the Panthers and Steelers. I still at least met my goal of picking 65% right and nearly picked 70% right even if I lose both games tonight. The 3 games I lost this week, 2 of them were in OT (Lions and Chargers) and Denver lost by 2 points. I could be 14-0, that close. Oh well.

+As far as the bets I have made this season, I am rolling. I am a perfect 4-0. I put 2 $50 bets on 2 games each week.

+Week 1: I had the Browns over Bengals and Cowboys over Giants,

Week 2: I had the Colts over Texans and Ravens over Bengals. I have won $50 on each, I am $200 to the good The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- I wish I would have placed a bet on Cincy starting 0-2, I probably would have got good odds they would not. I did predict it though.

If I can go 12-4, that would be a split tonight, that would put me at picking 75% right. That is great. I would go from Andrew Luck material to Peyton Manning material lol. I always called Andrew Mr. 11-5, Peyton was Mr. 12-4 Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am currently now $200 to the good on the season. I won $50 on the Ravens and $50 on the Colts. I am 4-4 on my bets this year through 2 weeks.

In here my record so far this week is 7-2. Chargers and Lions burned me. I lost both those games in OT lmao , otherwise I would be 9-0. We will see how the late games go.

Good picking AND good Betting$$$. 

I think I have 6 loses going in to MNF....gave away some foolish picks trying "guess the script" lol.

But so far in 2 weeks I'm 7 for 8 in Best Bets and 0 for 1 in minor best bets(Chargers). I'm pleased with myself identifying the right games for the money bets as I know you are also with your bets.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I can go 12-4, that would be a split tonight, that would put me at picking 75% right. That is great. I would go from Andrew Luck material to Peyton Manning material lol. I always called Andrew Mr. 11-5, Peyton was Mr. 12-4 Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

I'd be Mr. 10-6, consistently both weeks.

You're back at your best eh? 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 11:46 PM, coltsva said:

Week 2

Eagles over Vikings

Packers over Falcons

Bills over Raiders

Bengals over Ravens

Lions over Seahawks

Colts over Texans

Jags over Chiefs

Bucs over Bears

Chargers over Titans

Giants over Cards

49ers over Rams

Cowboys over Jets

Commanders over Broncos

Dolphins over Pats

Saints over Panthers

Browns over Steelers 

Last week 8-8 

This week 10-6

Overall 18-14

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Last week 8-8 

This week 10-6

Overall 18-14

Ditto!!! Packers messed me up. I should’ve known better about Bengals and Chiefs games with Bengals early season history and how Chiefs don’t lose 2 in a row easily. Difference between 10-6 and 12-4. I thought about swapping the Bengals and Chiefs picks for that reason but then Burrow had a great history vs Ravens and the Ravens secondary was injured too. Plus I didn’t think the Chiefs D would play that good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'd be Mr. 10-6, consistently both weeks.

You're back at your best eh? 

"You're back at your best", close but not really. 12-4 is great though. So far by weeks:

Week 1 = 9-7

Week 2 = 12-4

21-11 overall.

Don't get me wrong I will take 12-4 every week but could have went 16-0. The 4 games I lost were - Chargers in OT, Lions in OT, Broncos lost by 2 points, Panthers lost by 3 points. I did win some close one's too though as in - Ravens won by 3 points, Falcons won by 1 point, and the Steelers pulled out a 4 point win last night. I guess it evens out.

Back in 2021, I had a week where I went 15-1, last year I had a couple of 13-3's. I have never had a 16-0 week yet, so that would be pretty cool if I got that :thmup:.

It isn't all peaches and cream because I have had a few weeks over the last 2 seasons where I was like 6-8 and 7-7 when teams have had Bye's. Some weeks are easier to pick than others. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"You're back at your best", close but not really. 12-4 is great though. So far by weeks:

Week 1 = 9-7

Week 2 = 12-4

21-11 overall.

Don't get me wrong I will take 12-4 every week but could have went 16-0. The 4 games I lost were - Chargers in OT, Lions in OT, Broncos lost by 2 points, Panthers lost by 3 points. I did win some close one's too though as in - Ravens won by 3 points, Falcons won by 1 point, and the Steelers pulled out a 4 point win last night. I guess it evens out.

Back in 2021, I had a week where I went 15-1, last year I had a couple of 13-3's. I have never had a 16-0 week yet, so that would be pretty cool if I got that :thmup:.

It isn't all peaches and cream because I have had a few weeks over the last 2 seasons where I was like 6-8 and 7-7 when teams have had Bye's. Some weeks are easier to pick than others. 

I was wondering if people have got 16-0...

Well, this coming week looks easier to me, that only means that the results will be difficult to digest. :headspin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Ditto!!! Packers messed me up. I should’ve known better about Bengals and Chiefs games with Bengals early season history and how Chiefs don’t lose 2 in a row easily. Difference between 10-6 and 12-4. I thought about swapping the Bengals and Chiefs picks for that reason but then Burrow had a great history vs Ravens and the Ravens secondary was injured too. Plus I didn’t think the Chiefs D would play that good.

Yeah, Ravens' injuries in secondary made me think twice too..

Then every season there are teams that lose when you pick them to win and play really well out of the blue when you pick them to lose! :grumpy2:

On 9/13/2023 at 7:50 PM, w87r said:

Week 2:

Vikings vs Eagles

Giants vs Cardinals

Packers vs Falcons

Ravens vs Bengals

Buccaneers vs Bears

Jets vs Cowboys 

Commanders vs Broncos

Seahawks vs Lions

Colts vs Texans

Chiefs vs Jaguars