Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts history (Just in Indianapolis, 1984-2022)

2006Coltsbestever

The Indianapolis Colts have been one of the best franchises since moving to Indiana to begin the 1984 season. 2023 will be the 40th season.

Key Team accomplishments (1984-2022):

Career Regular Season record = 325-299-1/52.1%

Super Bowl Championships = 1 (2006)

AFC Championships = 2 (2006, 2009)

AFC Title Game Appearances = 5 (1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014)

Division Championships = 11 (1987 AFC East, 1999 AFC East, AFC South - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014)

Key Player/Coach accomplishments as an Indianapolis Colt (1984-2022):

Peyton Manning = 4 League MVP's (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009), Most in Indianapolis history.

Peyton Manning = 1 Super Bowl MVP (2006), Most in Indianapolis history.

Andrew Luck = 4,374 Yards Passing as a Rookie (2012), Most in Indianapolis history, *Most in the history of the NFL for a Rookie.

Bob Sanders = DPOY (2007), only Indianapolis Colt to do so.

Robert Mathis = 123 career Sacks, Most in Indianapolis history.

Tony Dungy = 85 Regular Season Wins, Most in Indianapolis history.

+Just having fun here with some of the nonsense/distractions we deal with as a diehard fans, please feel free to add more as we go into our 40th season here in Indianapolis led by Anthony Richardson!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Indianapolis Colts have been one of the best franchises since moving to Indiana to begin the 1984 season. 2023 will be the 40th season.

Division Championships = 11 (1987 AFC East, 1999 AFC East, AFC South - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014)

Peyton Manning = 4 League MVP's (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009), Most in Indianapolis history.

Andrew Luck = 4,374 Yards Passing as a Rookie (2012), Most in Indianapolis history, *Most in the history of the NFL for a Rookie.

+Just having fun here with some of the nonsense/distractions we deal as a diehard fans, please feel free to add more as we go into our 40th season here in Indianapolis led by Anthony Richardson!

A very impressive record.

And yet, I think if you take out the Manning years, all we have is the miracle appearance by Jim Harbaugh's team in 1995, and this team isn't even in Indy right now.  The Luck years (if the Colts were to get Luck in 2012 in this scenario) would have occurred in Los Angeles, and not here.

We have a LOT to owe to Manning and the teams he was on.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

+Just having fun here with some of the nonsense/distractions we deal with as a diehard fans, please feel free to add more as we go into our 40th season here in Indianapolis led by Anthony Richardson!

84 to 99 were lean years except 87, 95 96. 99.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Here are the Hall of Famers from the Colts (In no particular order):

Peyton Manning

Edgerrin James

Eric Dickerson

Marvin Harrison

Marshall Faulk

Richard Dent

Bill Polian

Tony Dungy

Joe Klecko

I forgot about Richard Dent, he was here for a minute. I believe in 1996, and he was a good contributor that year on defense. Adam Vinatieri will be in the Hall of Fame 1 day, I am pretty sure Dwight Freeney will get in too. I think Freeny was better than Mathis but it's close. Mathis had more sacks as a Colt though. Reggie Wayne is iffy getting in, he was great enough too but the Hall is tough on Wr's getting in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I forgot about Richard Dent, he was here for a minute. I believe in 1996, and he was a good contributor that year on defense. Adam Vinatieri will be in the Hall of Fame 1 day, I am pretty sure Dwight Freeney will get in too. I think Freeny was better than Mathis but it's close. Mathis had more sacks as a Colt though. Reggie Wayne is iffy getting in, he was great enough too but the Hall is tough on Wr's getting in.

I was very young, but I remember noticing him as this massive mauler. It's probably a stretch to put him on the list since he's definitely a Chicago Bear through and through. When that dude tackled or sacked someone, he was literally the human embodiment of a bear. Those massive arms would just engulf any offensive player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I was very young, but I remember noticing him as this massive mauler. It's probably a stretch to put him on the list since he's definitely a Chicago Bear through and through. When that dude tackled or sacked someone, he was literally the human embodiment of a bear. Those massive arms would just engulf any offensive player. 

Yeah that 1985 Bears team had several maulers on defense. That was one scary defense. Dent just destroyed people. It is funny because I remember Klecko being here like it was yesterday and that was in 1988 lmao 

On 9/1/2023 at 10:15 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Freeny pretty much created the spin move, the godfather of the spin move. OL had no idea how to stop it. I think that's what separates him and Mathis, both were awesome to watch though! 

• Like 1