Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Takeaways from the Bills game

John Hammonds

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Since there is joint practices this week I think there might be a chance starters don’t play much Saturday.

That’s true, except we only have three QBs, and two are listed as starter separated by an “or” on the depth chart.  I wonder if Ehlinger plays almost the whole game…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archer said:

That’s true, except we only have three QBs, and two are listed as starter separated by an “or” on the depth chart.  I wonder if Ehlinger plays almost the whole game…

I think they would like to have Richardson play a quarter again but it has to scare them to put him out there with the second offensive line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think they would like to have Richardson play a quarter again but it has to scare them to put him out there with the second offensive line. 

I suppose if Chicago is like-minded, he’ll be going against a 2nd-team D-line…

4 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Sorry. It would post and I kept hitting the post but and I finally then all post,

Sometimes it happens...

When it happens, you copy all the text you typed safe, and refresh the page, and paste the text you copied again (if you gotta quote someone again) and then post...

I think it's just a cache problem with the site, it clears up quickly when you do it . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

First and foremost... Leonard is still a big question mark. Won't surprise me if he misses time or does not ever return to his old form.

I don't think any one here would consider Stuard our "top backup". 

As far as I know Stuard has never played at LB, for our defense, during a regular season game. He looked ok in the pre season Bills game the other day, but he has always been strictly considered a ST player. at 5'11" he is undersized too. So I am certainly not sold on him if needed.

Nobody knows anything about Dorman. a walk on rookie last year. He also never played in a game either, to my knowledge

The other LBs we have on the roster all look like scrubs... So yes, I am concerned.

You're in the minority.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I suppose if Chicago is like-minded, he’ll be going against a 2nd-team D-line…

George bremer just mentioned on a podcast he was on that Richardson may not play much Saturday because of joint practices. I suppose if they are leaning to starting Richardson game one maybe they start Minshew and let Richardson sit Saturday.

I say play the kid. Play him half the game. AR that is. Since shortening the preseason (a move I was originally not for..but now I like it) I think it’s good to give him more rep time in a game than spread like over 4 games. I’d have given him half a game all 3 games if it were my call.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I say play the kid. Play him half the game. AR that is. Since shortening the preseason (a move I was originally not for..but now I like it) I think it’s good to give him more rep time in a game than spread like over 4 games. I’d have given him half a game all 3 games if it were my call.

I agree 100%.  This guy needs reps…

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Archer said:

I agree 100%.  This guy needs reps…

You can practice making mistakes as well as practice correcting them. This means a coach has to decide which path a player is on whether to give him reps or not. Once a player discovers his mistakes, and how not to make them, then reps are a good idea.

You don't want a player who perfectly makes mistakes.