Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign another cb

Patrick Miller

They simply should've kept Gilmore!!! The national media keeps praising the Cowboys for acquiring a stud cb in Gilmore who is still playing at a fairly high level without really giving up anything but a lowly 5th rd pick. Gilmore cleary was one of our best defensive players last season.

43 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

They simply should've kept Gilmore!!! The national media keeps praising the Cowboys for acquiring a stud cb in Gilmore who is still playing at a fairly high level without really giving up anything but a lowly 5th rd pick. Gilmore cleary was one of our best defensive players last season.

The National media praises Jerry Jones taking a dump. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

The National media praises Jerry Jones taking a dump. 

True... but this has nothing to do with Jerry. Gilmore is a heck of a player that was traded for peanuts by the Colts and the Cowboys just happened to be the beneficiaries of the deal. Gilmore was listed as a Pro Bowl snub last season and WILL be missed on the field by our now shakey secondary that lacks experience.

1 hour ago, bluephantom87 said:

This was done out of respect to Gilmore that wanted to play for a contender, not because the move was good for the Colts short term. Ballard love Gilmore and he said as much in his presser. 

Funny that you mention Gilly in this thread @bluephantom87 as this kid's pro comp was none other than Gilly........lol

UDFA: Isaac Taylor-Stuart, CB, Southern California

RAS: 9.61

Athletic comp: Stephon Gilmore

Plus I saw an article where he was also comp'd to Josh Norman.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10026490-isaac-taylor-stuart-nfl-draft-2022-scouting-report-for-usc-cb

So if he turns out to be anything equal to Josh Norman or even a light version of Gilly I would say that this signing is just fine! 

He's another long CB with speed that needs coached up a bit (like Flowers). 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

This was done out of respect to Gilmore that wanted to play for a contender, not because the move was good for the Colts short term. Ballard love Gilmore and he said as much in his presser. 

Not to mention the.11.9 million cap relief.  

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Now that makes more sense because love for Gilmore or not I'm quite sure Ballard is trying to build a contender and upper tier corners in a passing league are HARD to come by. I know it's early but initial observations from camp is that the secondary has been getting shown up on a regular. Hopefully this isn't a foreshadow of things to come and they can pull it together by the start of the season. Losing BOTH Gilmore (trade) AND projected cb1 in Rodgers (due to his own gambling demise) has put a damper on a once promising secondary.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It was actually around $9.9m on cap relief, he carried $2m in dead cap space. Still solid savings though.

All reports say that he requested a trade.

2 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Now that makes more sense because love for Gilmore or not I'm quite sure Ballard is trying to build a contender and upper tier corners in a passing league are HARD to come by. I know it's early but initial observations from camp is that the secondary has been getting shown up on a regular. Hopefully this isn't a foreshadow of things to come and they can pull it together by the start of the season. Losing BOTH Gilmore (trade) AND projected cb1 in Rodgers (due to his own gambling demise) has put a damper on a once promising secondary.

There is promise.

KC had 4 rookie secondary guys playing in SB.

Might be a rough start, but the young guys will come around fairly quickly, I think.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

There is promise.

KC had 4 rookie secondary guys playing in SB.

Might be a rough start, but the young guys will come around fairly quickly, I think.

I think we all agree that this season is about learning and getting better as a team.  The D backfield has to learn to play together.  AR has to learn, obviously.

But I think there's a lot of potential there.  The O line is potentially very good, so is the TE room.  

It won't surprise me if the team is competitive with the best by the middle of the season.

8 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

True... but this has nothing to do with Jerry. Gilmore is a heck of a player that was traded for peanuts by the Colts and the Cowboys just happened to be the beneficiaries of the deal. Gilmore was listed as a Pro Bowl snub last season and WILL be missed on the field by our now shakey secondary that lacks experience.

In all honesty he probably asked to be traded to a contender. He came to Indy expecting to be on a competitive roster. 

9 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

what part of he didn't want to play here is hard to understand.

the beginning, middle, or end?

11 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Gilmore requested it and they did right by him

Archived