Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Mock Draft 1.0

Not sure how many mock drafts I will have time to do, but here is the first one.

(Colts trade with the Bears for the 1st pick)

Colts get

1st pick 2023

3rd pick 2023

Bears get

1st pick 2023

2nd pick 2023

2nd pick 2024

Kenny Moore

1. Bryce Young QB Alabama

You guys can make a big deal about his size all you want. The way I see it and the way the NFL is, size just doesn't matter. Bryce just has everything you can ask for in a franchise QB. Hes smart, athletic, evasive, great pocket awareness, but can make plays on the outside too. Can hurt you with his legs and can throw dimes anywhere on the field. Natural born leader and winner. 

3. Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee

Probably a stretch, but Hyatt could fall with him only being 170 pounds and only having one good season. Hyatt though brings that speed and quickness element thats missing from Pitt and Pierce. With Campbell and Dulin both hitting FA, the colts need a new speedster.  

3. Jarrett Patterson C/G Notre Dame

This pick is dictated on what happens with Ryan Kelly. I think either the Colts will move on or he will retire. Patterson has the size of a G, but is projected as a C in the NFL. Can run and pass block and has had a very solid career for the fighting Irish.

4. Julius Brents CB Kansas State 

We all know Ballard loves tall athletic corners and Brents fit that to a tee. Had 4 picks and 45 tackles this season and could be a good mid draft pick up to replace Moore, Facyson, and Brown.

5. Dee Winters LB TCU

With the possibility of losing Bobby, Speed, or both Colts need to add depth to the LB corp. Winters is versatile and fast, but a bit undersize at 5 11. Was productive as a blitzing LB, but needs to work on pass pro.

6.  Isaiah Land EDGE Florida A&M

Land a great 2021 season with 19 sacks, but fell to 7 sacks in 22. A speed rusher that impressed in the senior bowl and we all know how much Ballard loves Seniors.

7. Andrew Vorhees T USC

Hard to figure out how far Vorhees will fall since he got injured at the Combine and is likely out til next season, but if he is there at the 7th round, I think theres too much value to pass up even if he redshirts his rookie year.

Ok go ahead and rip it apart.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Not sure how many mock drafts I will have time to do, but here is the first one.

Colts get

1st pick 2023

3rd pick 2023

Bears get

1st pick 2023

2nd pick 2023

2nd pick 2024

Kenny Moore

You guys can make a big deal about his size all you want. The way I see it and the way the NFL is, size just doesn't matter. Bryce just has everything you can ask for in a franchise QB. Hes smart, athletic, evasive, great pocket awareness, but can make plays on the outside too. Can hurt you with his legs and can throw dimes anywhere on the field. Natural born leader and winner. 

Probably a stretch, but Hyatt could fall with him only being 170 pounds and only having one good season. Hyatt though brings that speed and quickness element thats missing from Pitt and Pierce. With Campbell and Dulin both hitting FA, the colts need a new speedster.  

This pick is dictated on what happens with Ryan Kelly. I think either the Colts will move on or he will retire. Patterson has the size of a G, but is projected as a C in the NFL. Can run and pass block and has had a very solid career for the fighting Irish.

We all know Ballard loves tall athletic corners and Brents fit that to a tee. Had 4 picks and 45 tackles this season and could be a good mid draft pick up to replace Moore, Facyson, and Brown.

5. Dee Winters LB TCU

With the possibility of losing Bobby, Speed, or both Colts need to add depth to the LB corp. Winters is versatile and fast, but a bit undersize at 5 11. Was productive as a blitzing LB, but needs to work on pass pro.

Land a great 2021 season with 19 sacks, but fell to 7 sacks in 22. A speed rusher that impressed in the senior bowl and we all know how much Ballard loves Seniors.

7. Andrew Vorhees T USC

Hard to figure out how far Vorhees will fall since he got injured at the Combine and is likely out til next season, but if he is there at the 7th round, I think theres too much value to pass up even if he redshirts his rookie year.

I like the players taken and values but I am probably nit picky w being more cautious in likely availability and in likely trade compensation 

for example I think any trade that gets 1.01 without giving up a 2024 1st is a huge huge win but also highly unlikely based on historical data. So even if they took our side of the deal I see no way they also give us back a 3. And likely we don’t get back the 3 this year snd the future 2 is probably a future 1. 

that said I’m all for Bryce young. I am also for stroud. Either in a trade up works for me. Otherwise I stay out. I’m probably much more in the stay put category because I value that 35th pick so much. 

I would love love love Brents. But I see him more likely to be a 2nd rounder. Same w Hyatt. 

id also love to stash Vorhees. But I think even w the Medicals he probably is a redshirt 5th as opposed to 7th. 

anyhow love the players and values you laid out. Just not sure we could be that lucky. Would be stoked if so. 

20 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

I like the players taken and values but I am probably nit picky w being more cautious in likely availability and in likely trade compensation 

for example I think any trade that gets 1.01 without giving up a 2024 1st is a huge huge win but also highly unlikely based on historical data. So even if they took our side of the deal I see no way they also give us back a 3. And likely we don’t get back the 3 this year snd the future 2 is probably a future 1. 

that said I’m all for Bryce young. I am also for stroud. Either in a trade up works for me. Otherwise I stay out. I’m probably much more in the stay put category because I value that 35th pick so much. 

I would love love love Brents. But I see him more likely to be a 2nd rounder. Same w Hyatt. 

id also love to stash Vorhees. But I think even w the Medicals he probably is a redshirt 5th as opposed to 7th. 

anyhow love the players and values you laid out. Just not sure we could be that lucky. Would be stoked if so. 

It's hard to justify what going up 3 spots really cost. I also threw in a pro bowl CB that is on a cheap deal and thrives in Flus's system. I don't know. I told it was fair.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

Colts get

1st pick 2023

3rd pick 2023

Bears get

1st pick 2023

2nd pick 2023

2nd pick 2024

Kenny Moore

5. Dee Winters LB TCU

7. Andrew Vorhees T USC

Naaaa, I'm not going to rip your mock apart.  Between our two mocks, we may have chosen different players, but the same positions.  And for the same reasons.  I personally don't think any of the QB's are worth trading up to #1, but you did what you could to try to demonstrate how it could work, and what you might get out of it.

We'll see how it actually plays out next month!

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Colts get

1st pick 2023

3rd pick 2023

Bears get

1st pick 2023

2nd pick 2023

2nd pick 2024

Kenny Moore

5. Dee Winters LB TCU

7. Andrew Vorhees T USC

Or they can get the same player in Stenson Bennett in a later round and not have to trade up. 

6 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Or they can get the same player in Stenson Bennett in a later round and not have to trade up. 

Ok if you're so keen on Bennett being compared to Bryce, why does every scout have him as day 3 or undraftable? What do you know that guys who spend years researching players don't?

24 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ok if you're so keen on Bennett being compared to Bryce, why does every scout have him as day 3 or undraftable? What do you know that guys who spend years researching players don't?

They are both the same size, the same athleticism, with basically the same stats. They played in the same conference against the same opponents. The only difference I see is age. What separates Young from Bennett in your opinion? 

20 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

They are both the same size, the same athleticism, with basically the same stats. They played in the same conference against the same opponents. The only difference I see is age. What separates Young from Bennett in your opinion? 

You didn't answer my question. What do you know that scouts don't.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

You didn't answer my question. What do you know that scouts don't.

I know what my eyes see. I see these players as equals. I showed you the statistics on their college careers. Again they are the same size with the difference being one is younger. That’s the only difference I see. Scouts are wrong many times especially on this position. In fact they are wrong more than right on evaluation of quarterbacks. History and recent times prove this out over and over. 

3 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Doesn’t matter who gets him. I’m asking you a big Young supporter what the difference in the two are. I’m curious what it is as I don’t see it aside from being a younger player. 

Arm talent alone you can't compare them. Bennett holds the ball, lacks velocity, horrible ball placement and accuracy. Bails the pocket too much and focuses too much on his first read.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Arm talent alone you can't compare them. Bennett holds the ball, lacks velocity, horrible ball placement and accuracy. Bails the pocket too much and focuses too much on his first read.

How people can't see the difference between Young and Bennett is mindboggling. I wonder if people aren't trolling at times in here just to start a silly argument. I went through this with Doug the other day. Young will be a much better pro, I would bet a lot of money on that.

Archived