Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Jalin Hyatt is DeSean Jackson all over, limited route tree, just go routes. Marvin Mims Jr. on the other hand, just like Zay Flowers, has the speed and is a YAC monster with the ball in his hands. That is why I feel this WR class has few complete WRs, they are mostly role players that fit maybe half of an offense's snaps, no one is worthy of Round 1, IMO. Day 2 WRs, would not be be predominantly every down WRs, and that is what everyone is. 

If I were to draft one, I would go with Marvin Mims Jr. on Day 2 with a better route tree, Hyatt could be a one trick pony. If we sign Parris Campbell, we don't even need a skill position player unless someone like Zay Flowers falls to the top of the 3rd round, where guys like Tyler Lockett, T.Y. Hilton were drafted. I would just keep using our multiple receiving TEs in Ogletree, Woods and Granson constantly as a 3rd WR/Flanker from time to time.

Mims is the guy I want.  But I think 35 is too high.

At 35, probably Steve Avilla, who also played C in 2020/2021.

Better yet, trade down and take Avilla.

34 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Mims is Round 3 guy, we should focus on OL and DL/CB first, IMO.

I hope we find a way to hold onto pick 35 in our trade up to the 1st pick.  If we do I’m hoping for OL Matthew Bergeron from Syracuse.  He can play inside or outside who is super athletic.  He is a big mauler in the run game who drives his attackers into the ground big Q style.  Quick feet who sets up quickly in pass protection too.  Had a great performance in the Senior Bowl.  He would follow in Franklins footsteps coming from Syracuse.  

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I said earlier this might be the right time not to trade down? This pick at 35 is real close to a 1st rd pick. If by chance we deal #4, the talent level may be strong enough to keep at #35. I would rather have 1 potential great player than 2 less talented players. Depends on how the draft team evaluates them I guess?

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I said earlier this might be the right time not to trade down? This pick at 35 is real close to a 1st rd pick. If by chance we deal #4, the talent level may be strong enough to keep at #35. I would rather have 1 potential great player than 2 less talented players. Depends on how the draft team evaluates them I guess?

At this point, I'd say if Will McDonald is there, I'd probably stay and pick him at 35.   

But 35 could be traded for pick 51 and 83, and that would result in having one 2nd and two 3rds, which can help a lot.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

At this point, I'd say if Will McDonald is there, I'd probably stay and pick him at 35.   

But 35 could be traded for pick 51 and 83, and that would result in having one 2nd and two 3rds, which can help a lot.

Lions do have No.48 and No.81, so if there’s a player they really covet, we could make it work in a trade getting those picks.

Lions and Seahawks sure are sitting on a bounty of picks.

23 hours ago, Archer said:

I’m starting to think about Dawand Jones.  If you can get him down into the 340s, you might have a pretty special RT.  Just massive length with surprising movement skills for his size.  He’s probably likely to be down into the 350s by TC, no matter who selects him.

Love him too

Archived