Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tickets to the Super Bowl


Patrick Miller

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Tickets start out around $5k. It’s sad that Super Bowl tickets are really only for the rich and famous. On a side note I’m tired of the chiefs and hope the eagles beat the heck out of them. 

I don't think I will ever go to a superbowl.   

 

I'm rooting for the Chiefs to beat the Eagles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Tickets start out around $5k. It’s sad that Super Bowl tickets are really only for the rich and famous. On a side note I’m tired of the chiefs and hope the eagles beat the heck out of them. 

Just going to a regular season game is pretty much only for the rich. The average person don't have a few hundred bucks laying around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just going to a regular season game is pretty much only for the rich. The average person don't have a few hundred bucks laying around. 

 

I have a friend who is a season-ticket holder for the Giants. He is not rich but a regular middle-class guy. He is a wonderful person. He treated me to three Giants games this year. He has attended 4 of the Super Bowls that the Giants have been in, including when they defeated the formerly undefeated Patriots. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I have a friend who is a season-ticket holder for the Giants. He is not rich but a regular middle-class guy. He is a wonderful person. He treated me to three Giants games this year. He has attended 4 of the Super Bowls that the Giants have been in, including when they defeated the formerly undefeated Patriots. 

 

You have a good friend indeed. Hard to find those so keep him close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Tickets start out around $5k. It’s sad that Super Bowl tickets are really only for the rich and famous. On a side note I’m tired of the chiefs and hope the eagles beat the heck out of them. 

 

Did you see that story about the famous Chiefs fan? He went to a SB.The guy is homeless, has no money at all, no job, nothing. He was attending every game, even attending charity events. The guy has a long rap sheet; yet, very little jail time. He robbed the bank and left with a lot of money. How many times must he have done that. Smh

 

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/die-hard-kansas-city-chiefs-fan-arrested-for-armed-bank-robbery-in-oklahoma

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Did you see that story about the famous Chiefs fan? He went to a SB.The guy is homeless, has no money at all, no job, nothing. He was attending every game, even attending charity events. The guy has a long rap sheet; yet, very little jail time. He robbed the bank and left with a lot of money. How many times must he have done that. Smh

 

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/die-hard-kansas-city-chiefs-fan-arrested-for-armed-bank-robbery-in-oklahoma

 

Yes Pat McAfee had a segment on his show about that dude. Even showed pictures of him in the banks and at the stadium.  

I guess you could call that pretty diehard? haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes Pat McAfee had a segment on his show about that dude. Even showed pictures of him in the banks and at the stadium.  

I guess you could call that pretty diehard? haha

 

I saw an article about him today in my local paper. He is not what he said he was. He told people he worked hard to make his money. Folks asked him how he gets money to go to away games as well as home games. He said he had a side hustle. It was a side hustle alright! Apparently he was living in his car. He has been arrested many times but apparently has not done time. 

 

I read that he claimed to have bet on Mahomes winning MVP and the Chiefs winning the SB. He can make $100K which would allow him to post bond and leave jail. I'm rooting for the Eagles. Lol. I wonder how many banks he has to robbed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I read that he claimed to have bet on Mahomes winning MVP and the Chiefs winning the SB. He can make $100K which would allow him to post bond and leave jail. I'm rooting for the Eagles. Lol. I wonder how many banks he has to robbed. 

If he really wins that would be considered legendary to some. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm starting to feel sorry for this guy. What makes people do stuff like that! One's self-esteem must be pretty bad to do something like that -- pretend you are something you are not, go great lengths for people not to find out about him (parked his car far away so fans would not see it -- he was living in his car), and go rob banks to keep this fake life-style.

 

Anyway, I hope not to derail the thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Just curious…why root for

the chiefs? They will have been there 3 out of the last 5 years. You want to see them win another Super Bowl?

I don't like the Eagles.   I usually pull for the AFC team if I don't dislike them.  Teams i wouldn't pull for in the AFC would be the Pats, Ravens and maybe the Jets.  I've always been a fan of Kansas City since the days of Barry Word, Christian Okoye, Steve DeBerg, Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's sad that the NFL has "priced out" your average Jane and John Doe fan from the Super Bowl - in order to allow Hollywood-types to attend.

 

In some markets - the average fan can't afford to attend home games and/or purchase concessions or team goodies.

 

I have a strict rule - I attend TWO home games yearly @ a "budget friendly" price - I eat before AND after the game - and - purchase my clothing and/or memorabilia on eBay.

 

I also despise the fact that the NFL and media companies are "teaming up" for exclusivity contracts - meaning you have to pay for their services in order to watch NFL football.

 

Remember when the NFL launched the NFL Channel and PROMISED the fans it would be FREE to every household in America??

 

Yeah - that never happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2023 at 5:24 PM, sb41champs said:

I also despise the fact that the NFL and media companies are "teaming up" for exclusivity contracts - meaning you have to pay for their services in order to watch NFL football.

 

Remember when the NFL launched the NFL Channel and PROMISED the fans it would be FREE to every household in America??

 

Yeah - that never happened.

Eventually everyone who wants to watch a NFL game will have to pay for it. It will be either pay per view or pay for streaming services. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It wasn't a great season (great would be making the Finals) but I would classify it as a very good one, one reason why is, we overachieved. Making the Final 4 is a very good accomplishment and winning 47 games to stay out of the playin scenario is pretty respectable. We also won a Game 7 at NY in the Semi's which is almost impossible to do no matter who they have out there. They did have Brunson and Divincenzo for that Game 7 for most of the game. Brunson had to leave because of a broken hand late in the 3rd but by then we were up big anyway.    Even though we got swept by Boston, it didn't even really feel like a sweep. We lost both home games without Haliburton by only 3 points and gave away Game 1 losing in OT and that was at Boston. They really only kicked our butt in Game 2.    All in all, we just lost to a slightly better team who has been in the Conference Finals for many years - so their experience in closing games was better.    We need to add 1 more piece and it needs to be someone that just focuses on being physical in the paint defensively and wants to Rebound more than anything. Turner is more of a stretch Center that has a score first mentality, he is a great shot blocker but isn't physical enough when guys come into the paint.   There are 5 levels to basketball: Level 1 - Just making the Playoffs (above average) Level 2 - Winning a Playoff series (good) Level 3 - Winning 2 Playoff series = making the Conference Finals (very good) Level 4 - Winning 3 Playoff series = Winning the Conference (great) Level 5 - Being a World Champion   -We reached Level 3   I won't be a sore loser so I will congratulate @NFLUpand the other Boston fans for winning the East. They are just better as of now.
    • I'm sorry I misstated that it was Saturday that moved him back, IIRC Saturday had stated that Smith would be staying at RT and they were moving Raimann to LT and that's what I am remembering. Still never stated it was a long term plan, I even said it was Reich grasping at straws to try and fix the O-line.   It's the simple argument of someone stating that something never happened, when it had happened. Now you're somehow trying to argue that while trying to put words in my mouth. I never said it was a long term thing. YOU and I are on the same page and the same opinion that he should remain a RT and shouldn't be changed to RG
    • Smith had a career year when he was in there last year on a bad knee.
    • You also said it was Saturday who undid it.  It wasn’t it was Reich the very next game.  That’s what I am pushing back against that this was some long term plan the Colts had.  I think most see the difference in a one game throw something at the wall to see if it sticks because you are desperate vs a long term plan that you are presenting it as.     Dungy also moved Saturday to guard for a playoff game vs the Broncos in 03 does that mean the Colts had thoughts about moving Saturday to guard or was it a one game thing?   It’s also moot now as that coach and oline coach are no longer here and Shane has made it clear since he got here he has no plans of moving Smith to right guard.
    • The argument was that he was never discussed as moving to right guard, that it was only a thing from fans. Well he was in fact moved to right guard by the Reich so it was clearly a thought process that had been discussed by more than just fans as it happened. I then stated that I don't want, nor advocated for him to be moved to RG.   I can try and break this down more if you'd like, but you're trying to argue against me like I am stating an opinion when I am stating a fact instead.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...