Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tickets to the Super Bowl

Patrick Miller

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Tickets start out around $5k. It’s sad that Super Bowl tickets are really only for the rich and famous. On a side note I’m tired of the chiefs and hope the eagles beat the heck out of them. 

I don't think I will ever go to a superbowl.   

I'm rooting for the Chiefs to beat the Eagles.

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Tickets start out around $5k. It’s sad that Super Bowl tickets are really only for the rich and famous. On a side note I’m tired of the chiefs and hope the eagles beat the heck out of them. 

Just going to a regular season game is pretty much only for the rich. The average person don't have a few hundred bucks laying around. 

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just going to a regular season game is pretty much only for the rich. The average person don't have a few hundred bucks laying around. 

I have a friend who is a season-ticket holder for the Giants. He is not rich but a regular middle-class guy. He is a wonderful person. He treated me to three Giants games this year. He has attended 4 of the Super Bowls that the Giants have been in, including when they defeated the formerly undefeated Patriots. 

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have a friend who is a season-ticket holder for the Giants. He is not rich but a regular middle-class guy. He is a wonderful person. He treated me to three Giants games this year. He has attended 4 of the Super Bowls that the Giants have been in, including when they defeated the formerly undefeated Patriots. 

You have a good friend indeed. Hard to find those so keep him close. 

11 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Did you see that story about the famous Chiefs fan? He went to a SB.The guy is homeless, has no money at all, no job, nothing. He was attending every game, even attending charity events. The guy has a long rap sheet; yet, very little jail time. He robbed the bank and left with a lot of money. How many times must he have done that. Smh

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/die-hard-kansas-city-chiefs-fan-arrested-for-armed-bank-robbery-in-oklahoma

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you see that story about the famous Chiefs fan? He went to a SB.The guy is homeless, has no money at all, no job, nothing. He was attending every game, even attending charity events. The guy has a long rap sheet; yet, very little jail time. He robbed the bank and left with a lot of money. How many times must he have done that. Smh

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/die-hard-kansas-city-chiefs-fan-arrested-for-armed-bank-robbery-in-oklahoma

Yes Pat McAfee had a segment on his show about that dude. Even showed pictures of him in the banks and at the stadium.  

I guess you could call that pretty diehard? haha

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes Pat McAfee had a segment on his show about that dude. Even showed pictures of him in the banks and at the stadium.  

I guess you could call that pretty diehard? haha

I saw an article about him today in my local paper. He is not what he said he was. He told people he worked hard to make his money. Folks asked him how he gets money to go to away games as well as home games. He said he had a side hustle. It was a side hustle alright! Apparently he was living in his car. He has been arrested many times but apparently has not done time. 

I read that he claimed to have bet on Mahomes winning MVP and the Chiefs winning the SB. He can make $100K which would allow him to post bond and leave jail. I'm rooting for the Eagles. Lol. I wonder how many banks he has to robbed. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I read that he claimed to have bet on Mahomes winning MVP and the Chiefs winning the SB. He can make $100K which would allow him to post bond and leave jail. I'm rooting for the Eagles. Lol. I wonder how many banks he has to robbed. 

If he really wins that would be considered legendary to some. :D

I'm starting to feel sorry for this guy. What makes people do stuff like that! One's self-esteem must be pretty bad to do something like that -- pretend you are something you are not, go great lengths for people not to find out about him (parked his car far away so fans would not see it -- he was living in his car), and go rob banks to keep this fake life-style.

Anyway, I hope not to derail the thread. 

14 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Just curious…why root for

the chiefs? They will have been there 3 out of the last 5 years. You want to see them win another Super Bowl?

I don't like the Eagles.   I usually pull for the AFC team if I don't dislike them.  Teams i wouldn't pull for in the AFC would be the Pats, Ravens and maybe the Jets.  I've always been a fan of Kansas City since the days of Barry Word, Christian Okoye, Steve DeBerg, Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas.    

It's sad that the NFL has "priced out" your average Jane and John Doe fan from the Super Bowl - in order to allow Hollywood-types to attend.

In some markets - the average fan can't afford to attend home games and/or purchase concessions or team goodies.

I have a strict rule - I attend TWO home games yearly @ a "budget friendly" price - I eat before AND after the game - and - purchase my clothing and/or memorabilia on eBay.

I also despise the fact that the NFL and media companies are "teaming up" for exclusivity contracts - meaning you have to pay for their services in order to watch NFL football.

Remember when the NFL launched the NFL Channel and PROMISED the fans it would be FREE to every household in America??

Yeah - that never happened.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:24 PM, sb41champs said:

I also despise the fact that the NFL and media companies are "teaming up" for exclusivity contracts - meaning you have to pay for their services in order to watch NFL football.

Remember when the NFL launched the NFL Channel and PROMISED the fans it would be FREE to every household in America??

Yeah - that never happened.

Eventually everyone who wants to watch a NFL game will have to pay for it. It will be either pay per view or pay for streaming services. 

Archived