Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Say Ballard gets canned

Patrick Miller

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I do agree, that top coaches will have concerns (about meddling). 

And also want a strong coach, with a GM that is "paired" with the coach. 

I don't want 3 cooks in the kitchen. I want one cook. And prefer it is a coach. 

This is why I like the idea of Sean Payton. If you can’t get him then maybe Kellen Moore. But I think you need a coach with a reputation like Payton to keep Irsay from meddling too much.

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I really wish Ballard would hold a press conference and give us a peek at what he’s thinking right now. The dude hasn’t made many appearances this season. I just don’t think he’s on board with Irsay.

Hey, good point! 
Is there a Tom vs Gisele-like atmosphere in the main office?

:excited:

10 minutes ago, lilolemoi said:

This is why I like the idea of Sean Payton. If you can’t get him then maybe Kellen Moore. But I think you need a coach with a reputation like Payton to keep Irsay from meddling too much.

I like Payton too. Just doubt Indy will be attractive to him. If Irsay agrees to cede control over to Payton, then maybe. Not sure if Jim would do that. Jim seems to allow Jeff to do what he wants though, at least now. 

Overall, it's just tough that we don't know what decisions are tied to Chris, tied to Frank, and tied to Jim. It's a big grey mess/mystery... 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't think you read that in the right context. It was in response to:     I'm genuinely asking what happens if Shrader plays like a franchise kicker/hits a game winner and Gay says he's ready in the next few weeks (even though he's still recovering). What are our options in that situation if we aren't ready to chance it with him coming back and letting Shrader possibly get pulled to another team? Are we willing to let Shrader go (I'm not saying he is a franchise kicker, just throwing a scenario out there) for a guy that many on here say is overpaid, that is north of 30 and recovering from surgery? If Shrader plays big while Gay is out, it's a predicament they are going to have to think on, in my opinion.    I'm not at all saying anyone is going to force Gay. I'm on the other end of it. What if Gay is trying to force us to let him play while a rookie is balling out in his position? And just for arguments sake... We had Matt Gay on our practice squad in 2020 when he was pulled to the Rams and played big for them. How many potential franchise kickers are we willing to let get pulled off practice squads or waivers while we watch ours struggle through injuries? Seems to be a trend.
    • Oh. I know. But he has to step in to be a starter now.     I think I would prefer Willis over Siemian. Siemian is not good. I believe Tannehill, Ridder, and maybe Winston are better.     I agree. It will not be easy. The NFC North teams have brutal schedules. Green Bay has the Colts, Tennessee and then the Vikings. Not too difficult. The Vikings have the 49ers, Texans, then GB the next three weeks after tomorrow.
    • Syracuse got zero votes last week and took down Ga Tech who was at 22. McCord is putting up Madden numbers after two games with 750 yards and 8 tds. Oronde Gasden Jr may be the best TE in the nation if not def on a short list. Their D played much better then last week and now have some more winnable games (Though UNLV may be the best Group of 5 team in the nation).
    • While I'm not a professional athlete and I'm old as hades this hernia is nothing to take lightly.  I had surgery to repair a 6 inch hernia 4 weeks ago.  It was very painful and it takes at least 8 weeks before I can lift anything over 10 lbs.  I found out that males are more prone to have hernias because of how our bodies develop before birth.  Just some information.   
    • There is a strong incentive to play off more than what seems wise to us, but the idea is to do our best to eliminate long plays.  Then if it comes to the red zone we win and hold them to field goals.  We need 4+ sacks.
  • Members