Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

14 Day Predictions (by start of 11/23)

EastStreet

14 Day Predictions (by start of 11/23)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Average Sacks / Game allowed by OL over the next two games (Current is 3.88, or say 4 for simplicity)

• 0 (it's magic)
    • 1 (huge improvement)
    • 2 (good improvement)
    • 3 (slight improvement)
    • 4 (current average)
    • worse than current average... (5 or more)
  2. 2. Is Strausser still here on 11/23?

3. 3. OC this week?

• Scott Milanovich (QB coach)
    • Scottie Montgomery (RB coach)
    • Reggie (WR coach)
    • Someone else (internal, say who)
    • Someone else (external, say who)
    • Jeff Saturday
  4. 4. at LVR outcome

5. 5. Eagles outcome

6. 6. Who is the starting QB vs Philly

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2022 at 06:00 PM

Patriots' DL was a bad matchup for us. Raiders will be easier, IMO.

So, the Raiders game, we might give up just 1 sack but the Philly game, we might give up 4 sacks because their DL has some sauce in it. So we will average about 2-3 sacks over the next 2 games. Losing to LV and Josh McDaniels puts Jim Irsay over the edge and he goes back to Nick Foles for the emotional play against Philly. However, we lose to both LV and Philly. I still have no idea why Strausser has a job right now, we would have a chance against LV if he were gone.

Parks Frasier is my OC candidate that I have in mind.

17 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

POLL   Q, Kelly, Smith... what blocking scheme do you wish to run.

IMO Fries has power ability.

It is time to grind!

I think Jeff is likely asking all the OL (about scheme preference, and perhaps about position). 

No confidence at Fries (at this time)

9 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Eagles line will probably get 9 or 10 sacks

Maybe we can limit it to 4 or 5 at home since we should be able to hear protection calls better. But then, if Sam E is afraid to pull the trigger, even when he pulls the trigger a fraction of a second late would lead to INTs or incompletions vs an aggressive DB group like the Eagles. That is what I am afraid of.

If Sam E doesn't cut it in the Raiders game by scoring 20 points, we should move to Foles and run the quick RPO and throws he did with the Eagles during the SB run and make Sam E a game time decision so that it won't be easy for them to plan for Foles exclusively.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No.. 

But they wouldn't go all power/man. 

Only a % of run snaps. 

Power/man is easier. Zone is more nuanced. 

I would be all for trying Raimann, Nelson, Pinter, Ryan Kelly and Braden Smith from left to right. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I would be all for trying Raimann, Nelson, Pinter, Ryan Kelly and Braden Smith from left to right. 

I would like to see that lineup as well.

At this point, I am looking forward to some accountability for All-Pro caliber offensive lineman playing like UDFA's. It is costing other people their jobs at this point.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Maybe we can limit it to 4 or 5 at home since we should be able to hear protection calls better. But then, if Sam E is afraid to pull the trigger, even when he pulls the trigger a fraction of a second late would lead to INTs or incompletions vs an aggressive DB group like the Eagles. That is what I am afraid of.

If Sam E doesn't cut it in the Raiders game by scoring 20 points, we should move to Foles and run the quick RPO and throws he did with the Eagles during the SB run and make Sam E a game time decision so that it won't be easy for them to plan for Foles exclusively.

I expect quick RPO, or just simple quick plays in general. Probably several designed QB runs. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'm guessing Raimann will start Sunday, but swapped for the Philly game. I'm good with Pinter at C and trying RKelly at RG. I suggested early this season.

But I could see Jeff shuffling a few times. 

In 3-5 weeks, my guess it settles at

Pryor or DKelly  / Nelson / Pinter / RKelly  / Smith

or 

Pryor / Nelson / RKelly / Smith / DKelly

4/game

Strausser stays

Montgomery

Colts lose both

Sam

I think the call to play Sam came from Irsay.

I don’t think Saturday is here to fire peope, so unless Irsay makes that decision, Strausser stays.

I’ll believe in improvement when I see it.

I think it’s rather rare for teams to drastically improve midseason after firing their HC. 

Archived