Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 9 NFL Gen gameday thread

w87r

When Peyton and Luck played, I’d move around superstitiously if they aren’t doing good to bring good luck because I believed so much in their abilities to bring you back, making myself nervous. Mahomes is the only guy I do that for now because I want him to win when he is not playing the Colts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

When Peyton and Luck played, I’d move around superstitiously if they aren’t doing good to bring good luck because I believed so much in their abilities to bring you back, making myself nervous. Mahomes is the only guy I do that for now because I want him to win when he is not playing the Colts.

Mahomes is like Peyton in the regular season, he just finds ways to win. How we beat them was baffling. People call it lucky and say we got breaks but anytime you can beat that team, that is a great accomplishment regardless. 

*Mahomes is building a nice resume and is already a Top 20 QB of all-time IMO.

4 straight AFC Title Game apps

2 SB apps

1 SB win

1 League MVP

1 SB MVP

56-15 record as a starter

-only 1 of 2 QB's to throw for over 5000 yards and at least 50 TD's in a season, Mahomes did it in 2018. The other 1 = Peyton in 2013.

• Like 1

Peyton and Eli show was great last night 

@NFLfan

Kirk was the guest in the 3rd quarter, nice interview.

Sean Payton was guest for the 4th. Payton said he had got calls all day from people seeing if the Colts had been in contact.

I will say something that was interesting. The broadcast ended similar to the Colts.

Peyton said he was spending Thanksgiving with Jeff Saturday, Eli said, you going to be the OC. 

Weird stuff between that last minute back and forth, to the Colts press conference ending....

Peyton was doing game so he didn't see the press conference yet, to just be clowning?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Peyton and Eli show was great last night 

@NFLfan

Kirk was the guest in the 3rd quarter, nice interview.

Sean Payton was guest for the 4th. Payton said he had got calls all day from people seeing if the Colts had been in contact.

I will say something that was interesting. The broadcast ended similar to the Colts.

Peyton said he was spending Thanksgiving with Jeff Saturday, Eli said, you going to be the OC. 

Weird stuff between that last minute back and forth, to the Colts press conference ending....

Peyton was doing game so he didn't see the press conference yet, to just be clowning?

That was an interesting press conference, to say the least. I was not sure what to make of the owner going on and on about his former coaches and his success with those coaches. One of my colleagues often uses the acronym "TMI" (too much information). I kept thinking TMI as I was listening to the presser. He even said that if Saturday had not accepted the job, Reich would still be the head coach (or something like that). TMI!!

What did Kirk say? What did you like about his segment?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That was an interesting press conference, to say the least. I was not sure what to make of the owner going on and on about his former coaches and his success with those coaches. One of my colleagues often uses the acronym "TMI" (too much information). I kept thinking TMI as I was listening to the presser. He even said that if Saturday had not accepted the job, Reich would still be the head coach (or something like that). TMI!!

What did Kirk say? What did you like about his segment?

Yeah, Irsay just can't keep answers short and sweet. Just keeps going and going.

I don't think that is what he was saying, although that is what he said.

He was just clowning around with the Manning's. Breaking down some cover zero. It was solid.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, Irsay just can't keep answers short and sweet. Just keeps going and going.

I don't think that is what he was saying, although that is what he said.

He was just clowning around with the Manning's. Breaking down some cover zero. It was solid.

Thanks. I laughed when he mentioned the Tuck Rule. I thought he asked a few good questions and Peyton and Eli had good answers. This was a good listen. I better stop and go back to work. :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I started Mixon and Fields in one league.  I couldn't benched the rest of my team and still won :lol:

I have Mixon in 10 or so bestballs and Fields in 20-25 (did 100 $1 ones). So it worked out relatively well for me. Over the field in ownership % in 12 team leagues. Definitely a good week there.

Also had Mixon in my $25 ESPN league. Won by 60, so that was nice.

• w87r unpinned this topic