Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question please

ruf

30 minutes ago, stitches said:

I saw some reports that Yannick was having his way with him, but not from today... I haven't heard much else. 

From what I understand that was in one on ones. Ballard said he doesn’t really evaluate from one on ones because it’s how the unit works together.

Nothing from today except on Rainmann with 2nd team.

5 hours ago, ruf said:

now that the pads are on how is it looking at LT? I didn't hear anything how Pryor was holding up

Not much was said at all about Pryor today, which is a good thing lol.... 

He's taken every 1st team snap in full team drills so far in camp.

So long as you're not hearing or reading anything about so and so beating him, that's probably a good thing. 

More was written about Raimann today. Did well vs Ngakoue on an edge rush, but got pushed back a bit by Paye on a bull rush. 

And that's honestly what most expected with Raiman. We know he's got good lateral movement and good technique, but will need some S&C to help him with strength. Paye is one of the more powerful guys, so getting pushed back a bit is probably something that will happen to a lot of guys. 

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So long as you're not hearing or reading anything about so and so beating him, that's probably a good thing. 

More was written about Raimann today. Did well vs Ngakoue on an edge rush, but got pushed back a bit by Paye on a bull rush. 

And that's honestly what most expected with Raiman. We know he's got good lateral movement and good technique, but will need some S&C to help him with strength. Paye is one of the more powerful guys, so getting pushed back a bit is probably something that will happen to a lot of guys. 

It’s what Paye is good at.  I think we should see him at 3T and even 1T on passing downs some.  

How much does Raimann weigh?

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

It’s what Paye is good at.  I think we should see him at 3T and even 1T on passing downs some.  

How much does Raimann weigh?

I think he's a hair over 300.

I've said from the get go to all the folks thinking he'll start year one, is that he needs a year in S&C, and probably 10-20lbs of muscle mass. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Thanks! good info

i remember last year the de's were really going wild against our OL and even BB was supposed to have a break out year at de but it was only because our OL was so bad last year this time. of course Q and Glo i think were not playing much.

8 minutes ago, ruf said:

Thanks! good info

i remember last year the de's were really going wild against our OL and even BB was supposed to have a break out year at de but it was only because our OL was so bad last year this time. of course Q and Glo i think were not playing much.

Both Pryor and Raimann have pretty good lateral movement. Raimann will likely struggle early vs the bull rush, and that's OK. But neither should get boat raced by DEs around the edge like Fisher did. Pryor got his body right (weight) last year, and it really paid off for him. Ballard commented yesterday that Pryor showed up in great shape, so we should expect him to build off of last season's good grades. His highest grades all year last season (400+ snaps) came at LT. 

Ben IMO was a pure wild card projection when drafted. Good traits, but came from a funky defense that really didn't use him as a traditional DE or Edge. He's never really showed a lot of flash on the edge. In college, they moved him around a lot, and he did better slanting in, than rushing outside. Not saying he won't develop that, but the clock is ticking. The guy he's competing with (Ifeadi Odenigbo) for backup LEO seems to be getting more positive mentions than him. 

Archived