Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy Eleven Announces Stadium Project

This has been in the works for a long time but Indy Eleven has finally announced the site for their stadium.

https://www.wthr.com/article/sports/soccer/indy-eleven/indy-eleven-downtown-indianapolis-20-acres-neighborhood-project-stadium/531-13a3c7e7-1d4b-473b-be49-51d6dedc4547

Part of me is excited by this and another part is skeptical. 

It's great to see new development and the area they have could use it but I can't help but wonder why they can't make Lucas Oil work? Granted, that's way more capacity than they need but so is this 20K stadium they are planning. Is yet another sports stadium really the best use of the land? Also, how much are tax payers on the hook for?

Location wise it's nice to see some development around Lucas Oil. When that stadium was built I thought there would be more development around there. I'm surprised Irsay hasn't pursued anything in that regard. (that i'm aware of) 

On 6/24/2022 at 11:18 PM, aReggie7 said:

This has been in the works for a long time but Indy Eleven has finally announced the site for their stadium.

https://www.wthr.com/article/sports/soccer/indy-eleven/indy-eleven-downtown-indianapolis-20-acres-neighborhood-project-stadium/531-13a3c7e7-1d4b-473b-be49-51d6dedc4547

Part of me is excited by this and another part is skeptical. 

It's great to see new development and the area they have could use it but I can't help but wonder why they can't make Lucas Oil work? Granted, that's way more capacity than they need but so is this 20K stadium they are planning. Is yet another sports stadium really the best use of the land? Also, how much are tax payers on the hook for?

Location wise it's nice to see some development around Lucas Oil. When that stadium was built I thought there would be more development around there. I'm surprised Irsay hasn't pursued anything in that regard. (that i'm aware of) 

I've seen games at Lucas Oil and for soccer, it just doesn't look good to be playing on a football field with all the yard lines, etc.  Here is Louisville, we built a 12,000 seat soccer only facility and we average 9-10 thousand a game.  We were playing in the Louisville Bats baseball stadium and the sightlines just didn't work.

Hoping Indy Eleven enjoy more success with a new facility.

On 6/25/2022 at 5:51 AM, Myles said:

I had never heard of the Indy Eleven.  Did they choose "Eleven" just because of the amount of players on the field?   

yep

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

"I had never heard of the Indy Eleven.  Did they choose "Eleven" just because of the amount of players on the field? "

yep

That is comical.  What a horrible way to name a team.  They really couldn't find a name somewhat unique to Indy?

1 hour ago, Myles said:

That is comical.  What a horrible way to name a team.  They really couldn't find a name somewhat unique to Indy?

No, there's a meaning behind, I just don't recall what it is right now. 

Edit: Ok, in addition to the number of players on the field, it's an homage to Indiana's 11th regiment Indiana infantry in the Civil War.

THAT, from wiki. 

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

No, there's a meaning behind, I just don't recall what it is right now. 

Edit: Ok, in addition to the number of players on the field, it's an homage to Indiana's 11th regiment Indiana infantry in the Civil War.

THAT, from wiki. 

that does make it a little better.  I couldn't really make out what the logo is.  Looks like a statue of liberty-type person holding a sword with a bird on her head.    I am sure I am wrong.  

8 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

I've seen games at Lucas Oil and for soccer, it just doesn't look good to be playing on a football field with all the yard lines, etc.  Here is Louisville, we built a 12,000 seat soccer only facility and we average 9-10 thousand a game.  We were playing in the Louisville Bats baseball stadium and the sightlines just didn't work.

Hoping Indy Eleven enjoy more success with a new facility.

yep

I heard they also use to get fined by the league for the football lines each game 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 2:46 PM, Myles said:

that does make it a little better.  I couldn't really make out what the logo is.  Looks like a statue of liberty-type person holding a sword with a bird on her head.    I am sure I am wrong.  

I think that logo is of the statue on top of Monument Circle if im not mistaken. Who cares about fu’tbol!? Honestly? As Charlie Sheen said, “Since its so popular, then they dont need me to watch it!”

I just hope they dont take away our tailgating spots when building the stadium! They shoulda took away that ugly coal plant west of LOS! That things always been kind of an eyesore!

Archived