Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Combine Day 3(DL, LB)


Recommended Posts

40 times(DL):

 

Nik Bonito - 4.60 / 1.59 

Matthrew Butler - 5.04/1.73

Zachary Carter - 5.03/1.73

Jordan Davis - 4.82/1.68 HOLY MOLY! This is at 6'6" 340!!! 

Neil Farrelll Jr - 5.42

Haskell Garrett - 5.13

Logan Hall - 4.88

Christopher Hinton - 5.27

Travis Jones - 4.90 at 325lbs. Nice! 

DeMarvin Leal 5.01

Jayden Peevy 5.42

John RIdgeway 5.32

Perrion Winfrey 4.86 !!

Devonte Wuatt 4.80 !!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stitches said:

The 3d day of on-field work and tests is starting today at the NFL combine. It's the defensive linemen and the linebackers today. 

 

Here's a thread to discuss the players and their tests... 

 

Measurements for the DL:

https://walterfootball.com/combine/weighin/DL

 

Measurements for the LBs:

https://walterfootball.com/combine/weighin/LB

 

 

Man Nakobe Dean is short. I know Devin Bush was 5’11” as well but man that’s tough.

 

Also crazy they have guys like Mafe and Thibodeux as LBs when I think they could both play with their hand in the dirt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EDGE 40s:

 

Amare Barno - 4.37/1.54 !!! Damn... 

Thomas Booker - 4.95/1.69

Kingsley Enagbare - 4.92

Jeffrey Gunter - 4.72/1.64

Aidan Hutchinson - 4.75/1.62 (expected a bit better, maybe his agility will be good)

Jesse Luketa - 4.89

David Ojabo - 4.60/1.64

Josh Paschal - 4.82

Dominique Robinson - 4.78/1.67

Myjai Sanders - 4.71/1.62 (he seems super light - 228lbs)

Tyreke Smith - 4.80

Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa - 4.87

Kayvon Thibodeaux - 4.65/1.59

Isaiah Thomas - 4.75

Travon Walker - 4.59/1.62

Sam Williams - 4.52/1.61 (explosive athlete, 12 sacks last season... might be a good sleeper)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Man Nakobe Dean is short. I know Devin Bush was 5’11” as well but man that’s tough.

 

Also crazy they have guys like Mafe and Thibodeux as LBs when I think they could both play with their hand in the dirt.

Outdated nomenclature IMO. No idea why they keep putting supposed 3-4 OLBs as LBs and not EDGE defenders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stitches said:

EDGE 40s:

 

Amare Barno - 4.37/1.54 !!! Damn... 

Thomas Booker - 4.95/1.69

Kingsley Enagbare - 4.92

Jeffrey Gunter - 4.72/1.64

Aidan Hutchinson - 4.75/1.62 (expected a bit better, maybe his agility will be good)

Jesse Luketa - 4.89

David Ojabo - 4.60/1.64

Josh Paschal - 4.82

Dominique Robinson - 4.78/1.67

Myjai Sanders - 4.71/1.62 (he seems super light - 228lbs)

Tyreke Smith - 4.80

Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa - 4.87

Kayvon Thibodeaux - 4.65/1.59

Isaiah Thomas - 4.75

Travon Walker - 4.59/1.62

Sam Williams - 4.52/1.61 (explosive athlete, 12 sacks last season... might be a good sleeper)

 

Saw a mock recent that had Colts trading up for Sam Williams 

 

I know nothing about him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So just for the record... Aidan Hutchinson indeed tested off the charts in his agility drills:

 

-3 cone: 6.73 - best in the DL class

-shuttle: 4.15 - best in the DL class 

 

Very impressive. 

 

Another one with incredible tests is

 

Travon Walker - under 7 seconds 3 cone and 4.51 40 yard dash... that's at 6'5" 270lbs

Boye Mafe - 4.53 40 yard dash, 38" vertical, 125 broad jump at 6'4" 261lbs.

 

Something interesting - a lot of players seems to not have tested at the things they are not expected to do great at. That's something new to watch for in coming years... might be becoming a trend. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stitches said:

So just for the record... Aidan Hutchinson indeed tested off the charts in his agility drills:

 

-3 cone: 6.73 - best in the DL class

-shuttle: 4.15 - best in the DL class 

 

Very impressive. 

 

Another one with incredible tests is

 

Travon Walker - under 7 seconds 3 cone and 4.51 40 yard dash... that's at 6'5" 270lbs

Boye Mafe - 4.53 40 yard dash, 38" vertical, 125 broad jump at 6'4" 261lbs.

 

Something interesting - a lot of players seems to not have tested at the things they are not expected to do great at. That's something new to watch for in coming years... might be becoming a trend. 

I like Mafe a lot. He’s a Build-A-Ballard edge and I like him more than I did Dayo. Walker is incredible too but there’s no way he makes it out the 1st round. If Ballard drafted Mafe in the 2nd round, I wouldn’t be upset despite the obvious needs on offense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I like Mafe a lot. He’s a Build-A-Ballard edge and I like him more than I did Dayo. Walker is incredible too but there’s no way he makes it out the 1st round. If Ballard drafted Mafe in the 2nd round, I wouldn’t be upset despite the obvious needs on offense.


For what it’s worth….    Mafe’s arms came up short.    Just 32 and 5/8’s.   I don’t know if that takes him out of consideration for us? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:


For what it’s worth….    Mafe’s arms came up short.    Just 32 and 5/8’s.   I don’t know if that takes him out of consideration for us? 

That’s CB where arm length really matters for Ballard. 32” is fine for an edge. I double check but I think that’s what Paye was around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That’s CB where arm length really matters for Ballard. 32” is fine for an edge. I double check but I think that’s what Paye was around.

Paye was 33" flat.

Dayo 35 1/4"

Tyquan Lewis 33 3/4"

Ben Banogu 33 5/8"

Kemoko Turay 33 3/8"

Tarrell Basham 34 1/4"

Gerri Green 33"

Seems like Ballard has not drafted anyone with under 33" arms at DE.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

That’s CB where arm length really matters for Ballard. 32” is fine for an edge. I double check but I think that’s what Paye was around.


Though I don’t know it for sure, I strongly suspect we have minimum and desired arm lengths for every position.  Such as LT.  
 

Just because we don’t know the specifics, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Paye was 33" flat.

Dayo 35 1/4"

Tyquan Lewis 33 3/4"

Ben Banogu 33 5/8"

Kemoko Turay 33 3/8"

Tarrell Basham 34 1/4"

Gerri Green 33"

Seems like Ballard has not drafted anyone with under 33" arms at DE.

And I imagine that's for a reason. For edge rushers, length is extremely important to keep blockers from getting their hands on you. That said, from what I can tell, arm length is not the end all be all for edge rushers. Guys like Everson Griffen, Harold Landry, Yannick Ngakoue, and Shaq Lawson all have under 33" arms but are really good pass rushers. Nick Bosa has 33" arms.

 

While there's exceptions, typically, most successful pass rushers do have longer arms. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, stitches said:

Paye was 33" flat.

Dayo 35 1/4"

Tyquan Lewis 33 3/4"

Ben Banogu 33 5/8"

Kemoko Turay 33 3/8"

Tarrell Basham 34 1/4"

Gerri Green 33"

Seems like Ballard has not drafted anyone with under 33" arms at DE.

So 32 isn’t terribly short for Mafe. 
 

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:


Though I don’t know it for sure, I strongly suspect we have minimum and desired arm lengths for every position.  Such as LT.  
 

Just because we don’t know the specifics, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. 

He likes long arms with LBs too. LT is a thing with every GM but it is a bit overrated. People made a lot about Rashawn Slater’s arm length and he looks like an elite LT already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I think Coutee has one more year to accrue.
    • Coutee was a late waive (last cut day) by Houston that surprised a lot of folks, and we jumped on him quickly (I think it was around the time we knew TY would miss time). I don't mean necessarily that someone will grab him for a starter roll, but he'll get grabbed by someone (PS or 53). He's been in the league 4 seasons, but not sure he's met the accrued 4 year stipulation (weeks on 53). Strachan and Patmon both have a little film out there which will interest teams. Patmon has a bit of a rep for not being a my-ball guy, so that likely hurts him. Strachan is seen as raw with a high ceiling so teams are more likely to romanticize lol. All three would at least make it to a team, 53 or PS. But I think Strachan is the most likely claimed for a 53 spot. 
    • This happens every year with a late round pick. Fans go crazy and they wind up doing nothing. I just don’t get invested in that late of a draft pick because chances are slim they contribute.
    • Its not that Strachan was only a 7th round pick, so who cares?    Ballard and the scouts think they’ve uncovered a Diamond in the rough.   He’s 6’5” and 225 and runs 4.5.   And he played zero high level football until he came to the Colts.    Think of all of our draft video’s over the years where Ballard says we want traits, high level traits.   Those are things you can’t coach up.   And you can’t coach up 6’5” 225 and 4.5.   But we can coach up his ability to read defenses and the routes that he runs, and even his hands.   Those you can make better.    If you’re hung up on the round we drafted him in, think of it this way….  Had he gone to a Big Boy school like Georgia,  or Notre Dame, or USC, he likely would’ve been drafted higher.   The kid has raw talent.   We’ve given Patmon two years of polishing, odds are we’d like to give Strachan the same. 
    • I think they keep 6, and that Strachan makes the 53 man squad. As for Patmon, the guy looks like a TE these days. Been pumping that iron overtime. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...